PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Shotblast / color change?

CoNs
7th March 2008, 11:42 AM
anyone recommend anyone for this?

looking to get my rims changed to black

pref in the Edinburgh / Fife region although if the price is right i would travel a bit further

Craig
7th March 2008, 02:05 PM
I have used IPF Powdercoaters in Glenrothes. They did a se of alloys for me and they did a great job for me. VERY pleased.

http://fife.co.uk/co/company.php?ID=1044 They were only £35 per 17" wheel which I thought was very reasonable..:D

CoNs
7th March 2008, 03:21 PM
guessing i will have to take my tyres off for them?

do you know if they happily change them to black etc?

only problem i can see is the centre caps, they are plastic, might need to get a coachworks to spray them

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/df/65/f0d5_1.JPG

Craig
7th March 2008, 04:20 PM
It's cheaper if you take off the tyres at a local tyre fitters..

as for the plastic caps..... mmmmm not sure. If the wheels are not kerbed, you would prob be better to just get a bodyshop to paint them ;)

powder coating is thicker and lasts better, but it depends what you want. Not sure they could powder coat the plastic, but if you don't ask... I would give them a call to check..:)

Gismo
7th March 2008, 04:28 PM
I'm sure that the process uses some form of electrolysis, so, wouldn't adhere to plastic

Big Gordy
8th March 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm sure that the process uses some form of electrolysis, so, wouldn't adhere to plastic

and lots of heat:eek: Plastic don't like heat:(:cool:

CoNs
10th March 2008, 09:05 AM
yes i never thought they would touch the plastic, just have to wait and see, will phone glenrothes place and see price wise etc,

thanks;)

Scottie
28th August 2008, 10:54 PM
I have used IPF Powdercoaters in Glenrothes. They did a se of alloys for me and they did a great job for me. VERY pleased.

http://fife.co.uk/co/company.php?ID=1044 They were only £35 per 17" wheel which I thought was very reasonable..:D

Craig what was the lead time from phoning them to taking the wheels in to get done and how long did they have the wheels for.??.

Wanting to powder coat my 15's black

Craig
28th August 2008, 10:57 PM
I phoned them, took them up a couple of days later and they were ready within a week... ;)

Craig
28th August 2008, 10:58 PM
obviously depends how busy they are tho.... :Whistle:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 10:58 PM
I phoned them, took them up a couple of days later and they were ready within a week... ;)

ta will get Allan to phone them tomorrow:thumbs up:

Craig
28th August 2008, 11:00 PM
Cool, if you need directions let me know - they are just across the road from Fife Police HQ... :thumbs up:

Scottie
28th August 2008, 11:17 PM
thanks but it should be ok he has his satnav.

Notice that we need to take the tyres of hopefully they won't mark when we put them back on.

Just need a custom set of centre wheel badges now and I'll be sorted. I did have CF ones I got from France but they were JCW.