PDA

View Full Version : The lost art of signalling.

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2008, 01:00 AM
What is it with folks these days? Has everyone forgotten what those sticks do at the side of the steering wheel.:mad:

The number of times today we could have pulled onto roundabouts if the to$$er to our right had been signalling. Well, I lost count after about 10.

And then when you're following folks on a roundabout and they just suddenly veer off, no signal, no idea that would be their intention.

Bring back hanging, that's what I say.

Steps back down off soap box.;)

A.;)

Scottie
7th March 2008, 08:30 AM
I often wonder if indicators are an optional extra these days.:D

The Dogfather
7th March 2008, 09:31 AM
I often wonder if indicators are an optional extra these days.:D

Only on BMWs <runs for cover>

Andy, you're 'turning' into a grouch ;) I agree with you though, taking my journey to work as an example, it would certainly help traffic flow if people actually indicated correctly.

mini saltire
7th March 2008, 09:33 AM
You also find that the people who don't indicate also don't recognise when they make a mistake. For example they pull out in front of you (without indicating) you give them a flash of lights or blast on the horn... Instead of holding their hand up and apologising they go on the offensive!!! This then drives me to a bit of road rage:mad: :mad: Not good!! Tossers!! Hanging is too good for them, I just let them take in my exhaust fumes as I rip it past them!!:D :D

Craig
7th March 2008, 09:53 AM
yeah, it really gets my goat... it's even worse when you see it EVERY day with polis motors. :mad:

Mark, I think you need to get rid of that MINI before it gets you in trouble... just drop it off at my house, your much safer on the track.. ;) :D

euan
7th March 2008, 10:10 AM
Yup, this is one of the really dangerous things that seems to have seeped into the daily drive. There is a roundabout in Wimbledon where pretty much everybody goes left but nobody indicates - it only takes one person to just assume everyone is going left and you get an accident. Buses are the worst at this...

What's almost as bad is people who do indicate and then pull out immediately, thinking that as they have put the indicator on they are allowed to just pull out! This happened to me last night on the M40, doing 70MPH, when a Land Rover did it. He didn't even think he'd done wrong.

And VB - did your MX5 come with a hairdrier? My 3 series did come with indicators thank you very much ;-)

The Dogfather
7th March 2008, 12:32 PM
And VB - did your MX5 come with a hairdrier? My 3 series did come with indicators thank you very much ;-)

No mine was GHD hair straightner edition, your's must have been the 'If I put my hazzards on I can park anywhere cause its a BMW' Edition ;) :p

stoney
7th March 2008, 01:02 PM
well i think we have all prob done this at one time or the other and if it is un safe to indercate cos you need to change gear at the same time now if you are in the mini then its the same hand you have to use as is the same with most cars i know some do have it the other way round before any one starts:rolleyes:

bring back hanging well there are a few on here that i would not mind hanging :p :p

euan
7th March 2008, 02:15 PM
No mine was GHD hair straightner edition, your's must have been the 'If I put my hazzards on I can park anywhere cause its a BMW' Edition ;) :p

Aye, that's the one :D

Trucks are also as bad at this on the motorway as cars though, as they just expect everyone to jump out of the way when it sometimes isn't possible. Driving is all about expectation and anticipation, which a lot of drivers seem to forget these days as it's all gone a bit self centered.