PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon destinations

Gaz B
4th March 2008, 08:32 PM
Hi folks,I'm getting married in july and everything is pretty much taken care of except two very important things............:confused:

1, Honeymoon destination.any reccomendations? there is loads out there but too much to choose from.I would rather go on somebodys experiance rather than choosing from a book!;)

2,Buses! have tried numerous.some say to email,some say they will call back,some say there is nobody to give me a quote and some do'nt even answer the bloody phone.SCUNNERD!!!!:mad: can anybody give me the name of a good coach company in the lothians to get us to the church on time??????

Any info gratefully recieved because i'm at my wits end!:eek:

drb5374
4th March 2008, 08:53 PM
Doubt you'll go far wrong with Sandals...http://www.sandals.com/

Have agreat time wherever you go. :cool:

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 01:31 AM
After I suggested the Caribbean (Tobago specifically)...my mate and his fiance shall be going to Florida to go to all the movie theme parks they can...absolutely perfect choice as it suits them both :D:D

Gaz B
5th March 2008, 10:20 AM
Sandals is defo a shout,although dont know what the entertainment would be like at night.We want relaxing, but a wee bit of action outside of the bedroom would'nt go amiss either;) .
I will have a look at tobago.maybe a week there and a week in florida or las vegas too.The best of both worlds:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2008, 10:29 AM
I can heartily recommend Orlando as a holiday destination. It can be as hectic or as relaxing as you want it to be. Never known a place that has so much to do, but you set the pace.

And as it's your honeymoon, I'd recommend this hotel: The Renaissance Orlando Resort At Seaworld (http://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/hotels-uk/hotels/travel/mcosr-renaissance-orlando-resort-at-seaworld/). It's a 4* hotel just outside Seaworld park and has huge beds.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes: :o :o

A.:D

euan
5th March 2008, 10:49 AM
I get married in a few weeks at the end of April, we're going to Botswana for 6 nights and then onto Mozambique for 7 days. It's not cheap, but it's the missus dream destination so we saved like anything for it and it's going to be awesome. My brother did a similar thing last year when he went to Kenya, although the politics there are a bit iffy at the moment (but the prices are cheap!!!)

Italy is always a good shout if your looking for a bit of good old romance - I love the place.

GAJ
5th March 2008, 01:08 PM
A friend of mine owns a coach hire company.

Details are Timberbush Tours -
Tel: 0131 226 6066
Fax: 0131 220 0174
Email: tours@timberbushtours.com (tours@timberbushtours.com)

He mainly does tours for fat Americans now but still does some corporate and private hire stuff. Worth a try!

Gaz B
5th March 2008, 01:41 PM
Cheers for the honeymoon ideas people,keep 'em coming.;)
Will try timberbush as well gaj cheers!

FergusM
5th March 2008, 01:59 PM
Jack Tar Village in the Dominican Republic... all inclusive, not silly ££, and an adults only resort so no kids to annoy you.

...ok, I am biased as that is where I went on honeymoon, but it was excellent.

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 02:27 PM
We stayed at Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort in Tobago, sounds very similar to Jack Tar village in that it's AI, Reasonably priced and adults only (yes...I do count as an adult these days ;)) I've been 3 times in 2 years and can post a few pics later when I get acess to my laptop.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tobago/H31972.html

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-341484-le_grand_courlan_spa_resort-i

Craig
5th March 2008, 04:35 PM
San Fransisco, Carmel, Monterey etc on the West Coast, also the Napa Valley north of San Fransisco and East into Yosemite Valley... :D :D

Stunning scenery and laid back pace.

We went there for our honeymoon, but we also had about 40 Scouts with us aswell :eek: (Long Story) :D

Stay in the Iwani Hotel in Yosemite, it is awesome and the scenery is out of this world...:cool:

Gaz B
5th March 2008, 08:25 PM
Doh! :eek: this post has created more questions than it has answered.:confused: :o

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 11:23 PM
Italy is always a good shout if your looking for a bit of good old romance - I love the place.

My cousin's getting married in april too and she wanted to go to Italy but was worried about the weather, so they're off to New York instead.

Just throwing another worm in the can ;)

euan
6th March 2008, 10:12 AM
My cousin's getting married in april too and she wanted to go to Italy but was worried about the weather, so they're off to New York instead.

Just throwing another worm in the can ;)

Ah, that's a fair point! That's partly why we're going to Africa though:D

monkimagic
6th March 2008, 11:12 AM
Butlins?.....Skegness:cool:

euan
6th March 2008, 11:20 AM
Actually, if you did want something different, we went to Marrakesh a few years ago and loved it, and some of the hotels in Morroco are now stunning. You could split it and go to Essouari for a few days, which is down on the coast and very chilled, and then head to the madness and stay in a converted riad in Marrakesh.

You can't really drink everywhere as it's a muslim country but it's never a problem as all the hotels serve drink, but the scenery is stunning and the atmosphere is brilliant.

It's relatively cheap as well, and the weather will be ok at that time of year - warm but not hot - we went in April and it was fine.

The Dogfather
6th March 2008, 11:54 AM
Iceland? The country not the chavmarket.

Scottie
6th March 2008, 12:20 PM
Iceland? The country not the chavmarket.

good idea. Staying at one of the Ice Hotels.

AeroJonny
6th March 2008, 01:40 PM
good idea. Staying at one of the Ice Hotels.

We considered going to an ice hotel this month...but I think they may have melted by this time:confused::(