PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 4 - PS3 - NMS match - Friday 7th March @ 9pm

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2008, 07:31 PM
Next game.... how does Friday at 9pm sound. I may be on earlier, or I may not. But I will commit to Friday at 9pm.

That gives Alan a chance to hone his killing skills and the rest of us a chance to come up with a plan to gang up on him.:o ;) :D

A.:D

I've put the PS3 network names next to your NMS name, so we can all add anyone not already added.

1. AndyP "AndyP11"
2. Stone "GODWEIR"
3. drb5374 "drb5374"
4. Zimbo "zimbo777"
5. Eddie 44 (or his wee lad)
6. Bonnie Scotland "The_Gismo_Man"

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2008, 08:20 PM
I'll do this like a run or meet, so stick your names down if you're joining in.

A.;)

stoney
4th March 2008, 08:20 PM
i mite be on with my mates ps3 will post if we are

drb5374
4th March 2008, 08:54 PM
Might try and get some time online then, but i must admit it depends on what the other half says. :o

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 01:27 AM
I'm probably playing rugby on Friday night :(

Craig
5th March 2008, 04:18 PM
I'm probably playing rugby on Friday night :(

that's funny, I will be watching Rugby on Friday Night.. ;)

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 05:45 PM
Which game?

zimbo
5th March 2008, 07:27 PM
I'll be there... :D

Craig
5th March 2008, 07:57 PM
Which game?

Andy will give us a row for being off topic..:rolleyes: . I think it's the under 19's or 20's Scotland/England match at Falkirk Stadium. :D

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2008, 08:33 PM
Andy will give us a row for being off topic..:rolleyes: . I think it's the under 19's or 20's Scotland/England match at Falkirk Stadium. :D

Did you see the one eye'd glare.....:D :D :D :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
5th March 2008, 11:10 PM
Lol...guess you're not going to be watching my game ;) I'll probably be playing for Glasgow Accies against GHK at Old Anniesland (Hawks' groundwhich isn't anywhere near as good a surface as the one at new anniesland) under the floodlights.

just to go back on topic (and avoid the wrath of andy;)) I was playing earlier this evening and I can't wait to unlock the red dot sight as it makes things so much easier! PLus...Barrett .50 cal yummy:)

zimbo
6th March 2008, 07:23 PM
I just need to find out how to put silencers on my weapons... :p

Come on Friday 9pm!!!! :D:cool:

Gismo
6th March 2008, 07:25 PM
I'm home, but............i've got visitors :o
When's the next one, unless my visitors get lost :eek: :D
Had a wee go today, i'm pants :D cannon fodder for the techies :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2008, 07:50 PM
Had a wee go today, i'm pants :D cannon fodder for the techies :rolleyes:

Cool:o . That means I stand a chance.:D

zimbo
6th March 2008, 07:51 PM
Oi BS we've already told you, NO EXCUSES!!! :rolleyes::D

Just be there...

Gismo
6th March 2008, 08:02 PM
Julie's wee lad is showing me loads of glitches where you can hide and just pick off folks, that's not classed as cheating is it :rolleyes: :D

AndyP & Lenore
6th March 2008, 09:01 PM
Julie's wee lad is showing me loads of glitches where you can hide and just pick off folks, that's not classed as cheating is it :rolleyes: :D

Yes.:D

But...... how old is Julies wee lad?

A.

Gismo
7th March 2008, 01:56 AM
Yes.:D

But...... how old is Julies wee lad?

A.
Erm, 15, is that bad or have i missed something :o

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2008, 10:59 AM
Erm, 15, is that bad or have i missed something :o

Naw that's fine. I just thought you were getting tips and advice from a 6 year old. lol.:D

eddie 44
7th March 2008, 02:15 PM
might try n join in.... be more cannon fodder... :p will get the wee lad to talk me through it... or just hand him the controls.... :D

stoney
7th March 2008, 08:20 PM
ok we will be on the user name for us is GODWEIR will see you all later:D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th March 2008, 08:27 PM
ok we will be on the user name for us is GODWEIR will see you all later:D :D :D

Will add you soon. Just about to go down and play.

A.;)

stoney
7th March 2008, 09:04 PM
not on just yet will be just after 8 30 ish

drb5374
7th March 2008, 09:13 PM
I'm online ready to go! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
8th March 2008, 02:06 AM
What a brilliant night of fighting.:D

I find the "free for all" matches with 16 or 18 peeps in them, almost impossible to do. As soon as you re-spawn, you find a gun in your face.:eek:

But the NMS matches are excellent fun. 4 is a nice figure. Loved the team deathmatches with 2 on each team too.

Although one time I was stood looking at Zimbo, and I'm pretty sure I saw him roll his eyes at me.:D

Cheers for the txt Jonny. I haven't really been practising, but I do seem to be improving a wee bit.;)

Did anyone else notice on the team deathmatches with 4 of us (2 to a team) it would sometimes start out with 3 on one team and 1 on another? Weird.:confused:

One of games tonight I was a sniper and it was absolutely surreal crouching down, using the scope and holding my breath trying to get a head shot on my opponent (can't remember if it was Jonny or Zimbo) while they kept firing rockets at me. Kept seeing them come flying towards me and "crash" next to me. Got ya in the end though. LOL.:D :D

Does anyone know.... do you go up the ranks only be playing online? Or can you go up the ranks playing the game normal? 'Cos I'm still lance corporal or something and can't get into the [NMS] barracks you're created.:(

drb5374
8th March 2008, 08:57 AM
Apologies for being on too long fellas, but had to come off the computer. :rolleyes:

Games were good, though i've never been a fan of free for all....dunno why. Prefer team stuff. :)

Andy, you can only gain XP from playing online. Give it time and you shall become better and up your rank. :cool:

stoney
8th March 2008, 02:32 PM
yep had a good night liked the free forall and the teams where good i need to get my self one now

zimbo
8th March 2008, 03:03 PM
Yup once again I had a brilliant session, well done all you guys who participated!!! :D i must admit tho that the headshot only games are a little challenging... :rolleyes: I remember shooting Andy a couple of times almost at point blank range and nothing, until aimed for his head then bingo.

That small game area with all the containers and loads of grass is some level!! spend most of the time running around like a headless chicken watching your ass and also trying to spot your enemy @ the same time!!:eek: BUT I think the one I hate the most is the level where you are on the ship.:mad:

Yes Andy practice will make perfect, I mean I have been doing loads of it and I feel I still have a VERY VERY long way to go.

AndyP & Lenore
8th March 2008, 06:07 PM
Zimbo I remember we met at a doorway in one of the skirmishes and we both sort of jumped back in surprise, started shooting each other and neither of us were dying. It took a few moments to realise we needed to hit the head. Fun, fun, fun.

Another thing that's annoying..... when you sidle up to a wall, lean back and throw a grenade over the wall..... only it doesn't quite make it. Had this happen a couple of times. One time I started running about in circles looking to get away from the grenade and failed - with tragic/embarrassing/bloody/hilarious consequences.

Gismo
8th March 2008, 06:10 PM
Ok, i've been playing online today, very embarrassing, lol :D :o
Will wait for the next challenge date, i'll need to add everyone's names to my friends

stoney
8th March 2008, 06:11 PM
Zimbo I remember we met at a doorway in one of the skirmishes and we both sort of jumped back in surprise, started shooting each other and neither of us were dying. It took a few moments to realise we needed to hit the head. Fun, fun, fun.

Another thing that's annoying..... when you sidle up to a wall, lean back and throw a grenade over the wall..... only it doesn't quite make it. Had this happen a couple of times. One time I started running about in circles looking to get away from the grenade and failed - with tragic/embarrassing/bloody/hilarious consequences.

i know we came up with areo jonny and we thort he had a cheat on :eek: :eek:

zimbo you are a big camper :p with that sniper rifle :p

AndyP & Lenore
8th March 2008, 06:19 PM
Will wait for the next challenge date, i'll need to add everyone's names to my friends

lol.

I know how you feel Alan. I'm absolutely hopeless when in an arena with 14 or 15 other players. No sooner than I've re-spawned, I get a gun in my face.

The results usually show

1. [whatshisname] Kills = 18. deaths = 1.
16 [AndyP11] Kills = 1. deaths = 23.

A.:o :o

AeroJonny
8th March 2008, 06:59 PM

well mine's the same as my screen name here. I'm on quite a lot, so I'll challenge you if I see you're on.:cool:

AeroJonny
8th March 2008, 07:02 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...now I get it!!! I couldn't understand why I was peppering guys with bullets and nothing happened. I thought the headshot games were rubbish tbh.

And as for the 3 on 1...that's cos we all want to be the good guys (SAS). Once you hit auto asssign it evens things up.

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2008, 12:46 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...now I get it!!! I couldn't understand why I was peppering guys with bullets and nothing happened. I thought the headshot games were rubbish tbh.

And as for the 3 on 1...that's cos we all want to be the good guys (SAS). Once you hit auto asssign it evens things up.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... now I get it. So to be fair, better to hit the auto assign button then.

The headshot games give me a chance to actually get some points though.;)

stoney
9th March 2008, 10:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... now I get it. So to be fair, better to hit the auto assign button then.

The headshot games give me a chance to actually get some points though.;)

but its not fair when the rest of us dont know it on :eek:

you and mr zimbo are campers tho i just run about looking for you 2 :D

zimbo
9th March 2008, 12:37 PM
Alan you are going to have to let us know what your COD4 name is so we can save you as a friend. I am the same as Jonny I am online playing playing just about everyday so as I can build up my XP points and go up in the ranks and also unlock new challenges and weapons...

Trying to use all the weapons when I can, but they are not all that easy to use. i.e the sniper rifles are great for hiding and trying and hopeing that someone finally comes into veiw for you to try and kill assuming they are not to far away!! but it is very slow for the kill if someone suddenly appears and needs to be killed... next the big gun (forget the name) is great and pretty powerful but it takes f***in ages to reload!!! and the recoil on long bursts is shocking. :eek:

I've found that the one weapon I seem to use the most so far is is the M16 with grenade launcher even if it only has two grenades just now.

You guys seriously need to get headphones etc for the game, I found it pretty good for chatting to Andy on Friday when we had a pre-match before the rest of you guys turned up. You do get a good laugh listening to some of these guys on here when playing, but there has also been a game I was playing where someone (kid) was playing some music (what to me could only be described as noise) very loadly and point blank refused to switch it off despite being asked to by some other players who had mics!! but that has only ever happened once since I have started playing on here, and I am on here A LOT!!! :D:p

We look forward to kicking your ass Alan.:cool:

Gismo
9th March 2008, 02:18 PM
the_gismo_man is my username, i'll add all you guys soon :)

Gismo
10th March 2008, 10:46 AM
I've put the PS3 network names next to your NMS name, so we can all add anyone not already added.

1. AndyP "AndyP11"
2. Stone "GODWEIR"
3. drb5374 "drb5374"
4. Zimbo "zimbo777"
5. Eddie 44 (or his wee lad)
6. Bonnie Scotland "the_gismo_man"
I'm away to add all you eejits to my freinds list ;) :D are the usernames case sensitive??
For the next humiliation night, thursday's are not great for me :o

AndyP & Lenore
10th March 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm away to add all you eejits to my freinds list ;) :D are the usernames case sensitive??
For the next humiliation night, thursday's are not great for me :o

Pretty sure they are case sensitive.

Gismo
10th March 2008, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure they are case sensitive.

Ok, that's everyone added, so, please accept my invite :eek: ;)
Only one wee problem, Eddie, i couldn't add you as your name isn't registered, is, there an underscore between your name and the number??
Right, who wants to blow me up :D

Burple
10th March 2008, 12:59 PM
Right, who wants to blow me up :D

lol..
<Ties on rambo bandana>

<Lobs grenade in window>

CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Gismo
10th March 2008, 01:27 PM
lol..
<Ties on rambo bandana>

<Lobs grenade in window>

CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
You don't have to try too hard, during my offline training i was taught to press the L1 button to get the enemy in my sights, but, that don't seem to work online :eek:

Burple
10th March 2008, 03:08 PM
You don't have to try too hard, during my offline training i was taught to press the L1 button to get the enemy in my sights, but, that don't seem to work online :eek:

The only game I've played where that seems to work is Crackdown. When the targeting reticule turns red, hold down L1 and you stay locked on to that target :cool::cool: Dunno about COD4 tho, only played it once online so far! :D:D
With a mouse and Keyboard, I'm pretty sure it'd be awesome, and all you dudes with your controllers would be my biatches :D But as I don't have COD4, much less a PS 3, I'll just have to keep trying to survive when I visit Zimbo! :D:D

Gismo
10th March 2008, 07:41 PM
Ah, fairly got up the ranks today, got the old red dot and the martyrdom sorted out, now just to increase the weapon power and health :)

zimbo
10th March 2008, 07:54 PM
Well well well... so its the_gizmo_man well I'll be going online shortly so will add you to my list. And might even kick your ass!! :mad:

Gismo
10th March 2008, 08:02 PM
Well well well... so its the_gizmo_man well I'll be going online shortly so will add you to my list. And might even kick your ass!! :mad:
Zimbo mate, it's gismo with an S, NOT a Z.
Jase is away to give me a hiding in a deathmatch :eek:

zimbo
10th March 2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah just spotted that Alan will put it in with an 'S' and not a Z... :D:rolleyes:

AeroJonny
10th March 2008, 09:05 PM
just adden you there bs ;)