PDA

View Full Version : my mini just shut off when driveing

stoney
4th March 2008, 10:12 AM
ok was driving along on sataday had been having a bit of fun with a a supercharged toyota and a few miles after he turnd off cos he could not get past :D :D i had been driveing at about 60/70mph and all of a suden the car just shut down:eek: :eek: every thing the raido turnd off the interor lights came on and the engine shut down luckly i was on a straight bit of road so i stoped and turnd my key off and took it out and then restarted the mini and all was fine no warining lights nothing at all :confused:

it seems to be driveing fine now :eek: thank god :)

any one any ideas ???

thanx stoney

Gismo
4th March 2008, 10:18 AM
Get your lambda sensor checked at the very least, sounds like your motor went into "shutdown" mode which happens more to tuned cars after some prolonged spirited driving ;)

Big Gordy
4th March 2008, 10:37 AM
Good job it didn't happen when the Toyota was right behind you:eek: Or you would be looking at a hefty body repair bill for 2 cars:( :cool:

The Dogfather
4th March 2008, 11:04 AM
Good job it didn't happen when the Toyota was right behind you:eek: Or you would be looking at a hefty body repair bill for 2 cars:( :cool:

Was Harry Potter driving the Toyota? You've got to be careful racing wizards, looked what happened to LnL he used to be a Rastafarian . :eek:

stoney
4th March 2008, 08:13 PM

well that would have been for him to pay not me as he would have not been at a safe distance behind me :D :p

stoney
4th March 2008, 08:14 PM
Get your lambda sensor checked at the very least, sounds like your motor went into "shutdown" mode which happens more to tuned cars after some prolonged spirited driving ;)

will do want it in for a few bits and bobs done anyway ;) thanx

stoney
4th March 2008, 08:16 PM
Was Harry Potter driving the Toyota? You've got to be careful racing wizards, looked what happened to LnL he used to be a Rastafarian . :eek:

dont know was to busy with the road in front of me and keeping him behind me :D :eek: but think it was a wizzard that was in my car ;)

stoney
24th March 2008, 11:14 AM
well i have forund out the problem it is the valve that lets the boost back in to the eng after you the been at the top end of the revs aprently it puts all the bost in to the supper charger and when you go back to idle speed it is ment to open and let the boost out in to the engine but mine did not do this so not a big prob :D :D :D

thats me a happy chappie again :D i know my car is ok and i get to keep her with out a big bill ;)

Big Gordy
24th March 2008, 01:15 PM
the supper charger

You back on the chip shop run stoney:rolleyes: :p :D