PDA

View Full Version : How much would it cost...

Mark R
1st March 2008, 04:52 PM
to have rust on sills, A panels and the front wings repaired if anyone has any idea?

I'm looking at a Classic for sale with rust spots on those places. I'm quite willing to replace panels that need it but I've no idea on how much something like that costs to have done or if it's possible to do myself. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gismo
1st March 2008, 04:56 PM
Hmm, i reckon your looking in the region of at least £500 all in.
The parts are cheap enough, but, it's the time involved to get it right :(

Mark R
1st March 2008, 10:18 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. At least not when it's added into the cost of buying. Thanks for the estimate. It's always so hard to know how much stuff will be when your just starting out with something so you've been a great help. :-)

You don't happen to know off hand if Classics come with cigarette lighter sockets do you? I need one for a GPS/WiFi detection device for work. I know they aren't expensive or that difficult to fit but would like to know if it's something I should be looking for now or a wait and see.

Craig
1st March 2008, 10:23 PM
nope Mark, they don't normally come with a cigaretter lighter socket. as you say tho, quite cheap and easy to install.

what I would say is try and find a good reliable bodyshop before you buy your car, cos with a classic, he/she will be one of your best friends by the time you get your car the way you want it.. ;) :D

Gismo
2nd March 2008, 03:34 AM
One easy way to get a ciggy socket is to get a console that fits under the rocker switches, of course it's more expensive, but, it finishes off the inside.
Also, as Craig says, once you find rust and holes, a closer inspection will reveal more, so, be prepared to find more, which, obviously will cost more to fix.