PDA

View Full Version : MINI Spot Lights!

Scottie
28th February 2008, 04:17 PM
What's the going rate these date to get them fitted to a Mini?

Do they really have to be fitted by the dealer or could I take them to a Local auto electrician to get them done.??

Craig
28th February 2008, 06:44 PM
you can defo get them done by your local auto electrician as I believe weefossy fitted his to the clubman himself. :D

Scottie
28th February 2008, 07:16 PM
you can defo get them done by your local auto electrician as I believe weefossy fitted his to the clubman himself. :D

cool a visit to ****burns me thinks.:cool: :cool:

The Dogfather
28th February 2008, 08:13 PM
cool a visit to ****burns me thinks.:cool: :cool:

Whats with the ****?

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2008, 08:51 PM
Whats with the ****?

I suspect it's c o c k burns.

Filter removed the sweary word.:rolleyes:

A.:D

ianking
28th February 2008, 09:14 PM
thats ****ing rediculous that the filter removes all these words. There are lots of streets in Scotland called C ockburn and lots of folk have it as their second name.

Nanny state kicking in again.....

N12 JLK
28th February 2008, 09:38 PM
you cant say C ock:rolleyes:

Craig
28th February 2008, 10:59 PM
Andy, that is the name - a VERY good local auto electrician. Fi has used them before for spots on one of her many Jeeps. :rolleyes: ;) :D

ajamesj
28th February 2008, 10:59 PM
I fitted and wired up mine myself alter the R53 brackets to suit the R56 so I could get 4 spotlights on :)

Scottie
28th February 2008, 11:31 PM
Andy, that is the name - a VERY good local auto electrician. Fi has used them before for spots on one of her many Jeeps. :rolleyes: ;) :D

yeah and at half the cost of a main dealer charge for fitment.

Gismo
29th February 2008, 07:43 AM
I'm sure i wouldn't have to advise that the fitment of a relay will be required as the drawn current would be too much for the headlamps as well :)

Aberdeen Al
29th February 2008, 08:47 PM
I've got a brand new set of Wipacs in my garage - £40 inc P&P to mainland UK if you are interested?

You'd have to buy brackets though - you can get them on eBay.

Scottie
29th February 2008, 08:56 PM
I've got a brand new set of Wipacs in my garage - £40 inc P&P to mainland UK if you are interested?

You'd have to buy brackets though - you can get them on eBay.

cheers but I want the black Mini ones.:cool:

weefossy
2nd March 2008, 09:32 PM
Fi, as always we ordered the car with 2 spots fitted, then added the other 2, which makes it much simpler to wire. It was a far different exercise for the R55 than for the R53 in respect of the brackets. With the R53 you just use a second set of brackets. With the R55 I had to design and weld a special bar to fit to the existing bolt points. then weld a spare set of BMW fittings to the bar. Do mini sport do an after market arrangement for the R56. It may be simpler.
I have a spare black grille if you want it. Don't have a spare black surround though.

Scottie
2nd March 2008, 09:46 PM
Fi, as always we ordered the car with 2 spots fitted, then added the other 2, which makes it much simpler to wire. It was a far different exercise for the R55 than for the R53 in respect of the brackets. With the R53 you just use a second set of brackets. With the R55 I had to design and weld a special bar to fit to the existing bolt points. then weld a spare set of BMW fittings to the bar. Do mini sport do an after market arrangement for the R56. It may be simpler.
I have a spare black grille if you want it. Don't have a spare black surround though.

it will only be the 2 spots for me I'm afraid.:(

weefossy
2nd March 2008, 09:56 PM
Should be easy for local garage to do. As Alan says remember the relay.:)

Scottie
2nd March 2008, 10:00 PM
Should be easy for local garage to do. As Alan says remember the relay.:)

Cheers :D..................

illegalhunter
3rd March 2008, 07:13 PM
i like the name change Fi