PDA

View Full Version : Calling Vidal and Euan - did the Earth move for you guys?

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2008, 12:45 PM
And calling anyone else in Englandshire.....

Earthquake hits England.

BBC News Clicky Linky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm)

A.:(

Gordons_cooper_wrks
27th February 2008, 01:16 PM
Heard abt this on the radio this morning. Wats hapening to our planet??? This weather blows!! excuse the pun!!:D :D

duncan
27th February 2008, 01:19 PM
Erm, I'd really doubt that the weather, especially the wind, has had anything to do with an earthquake which struck at a depth of 9.6 miles under the surface. :rolleyes:

euan
27th February 2008, 02:12 PM
I felt nothing. Might have done if it had been tonight as I'm in the midlands now, but not even a glass rattle in Wimbledon!

Good bit of dramatics on the radio today though - "I heard a bang - I thought it was terrorists". That's a good way to embrace the nation!

The Dogfather
27th February 2008, 05:09 PM
I was probably too far North in Durham, however people at work (Darlington) said they were woken by it.

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2008, 05:59 PM
I felt nothing. Might have done if it had been tonight as I'm in the midlands now, but not even a glass rattle in Wimbledon!

Good bit of dramatics on the radio today though - "I heard a bang - I thought it was terrorists". That's a good way to embrace the nation!

Saw that guy interviewed on the telly.:rolleyes: Arse.:D

A.:D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
27th February 2008, 06:37 PM
Erm, I'd really doubt that the weather, especially the wind, has had anything to do with an earthquake which struck at a depth of 9.6 miles under the surface. :rolleyes:

really????? i didnt know that!!!! man u learn suhin every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottie
27th February 2008, 07:50 PM
I've heard it made £15m of improvements to Barnsley:D :D

The Dogfather
27th February 2008, 09:19 PM
I've heard it made £15m of improvements to Barnsley:D :D

What did it complete the bypass?

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2008, 09:25 PM
really????? i didnt know that!!!! man u learn suhin every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then why say "This weather blows"?:confused:

The Dogfather
27th February 2008, 10:17 PM
I bet if one happened in the Borders, Lenore would put down to wind. Your wind Mr P.

Does the P stand for Parp?

Gordons_cooper_wrks
29th February 2008, 09:03 PM
Then why say "This weather blows"?:confused:

coz it has been very windy down here!! hence the coment about wats hapnin to our planet. earthquakes and bad weather etc. U get it now??

duncan
29th February 2008, 09:09 PM
So you're relating two incidents that are unrelated to each other, and using them in the same paragraph.

Yes, that makes prefect sense now. :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2008, 04:16 PM
coz it has been very windy down here!! hence the coment about wats hapnin to our planet. earthquakes and bad weather etc. U get it now??

Erm. No. Sorry.:( But then, I dropped out of Geography 'O' Grade, so I must have missed the bit where they explain that global weather patterns and earthquakes are connected.:rolleyes: