PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 4 - PS3 - NMS match - Friday 29th Feb @ 8pm

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2008, 01:41 AM
How about Friday 29th Feb @ 8PM for the next COD4 match.

Those in favour say Aye!

I may be on before then, but that will be a spur of the moment thing. Friday night I'll commit to now.

A.:D

AeroJonny
26th February 2008, 02:38 AM
Andy, I'll pm you my number, give me a text if you have a spur of the moment game!

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2008, 11:47 AM
Andy, I'll pm you my number, give me a text if you have a spur of the moment game!

Will do.

Cheers.:D

zimbo
26th February 2008, 07:36 PM
AYE AYE AYE!!! :D I'll be there again Andy. Away to go on again in about 5 mins time as well. I think I'm addicted... :eek::p

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2008, 06:24 PM
BUMP!

Just to remind folks.

Anyone else other than Zimbo and me?

zimbo
29th February 2008, 07:00 PM
BUMP!

Just to remind folks.

Anyone else other than Zimbo and me?

Well it looks like its just you and me again Andy... :rolleyes: I was playing last night and saw you come on line then about 45 mins later saw you go off line... :D

Think the other folks on here are just afraid of how good we might be Andy, cant blame them really tho coz we are pretty damn good!!! :D:p:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2008, 07:08 PM
Well it looks like its just you and me again Andy... :rolleyes: I was playing last night and saw you come on line then about 45 mins later saw you go off line... :D

Think the other folks on here are just afraid of how good we might be Andy, cant blame them really tho coz we are pretty damn good!!! :D:p:cool:

ROFLMAO.

I saw you online and thought about joining in an on-line game but I just wanted to do some more in-game playing. I've still only done about 4 missions so far. Getting more used to it mind you.

Do you have a headset? I think it would be cool if we both/all had headsets.... Can you imagine it??? You standing behind a wall looking for me, with me sneaking up behind you, pointing the gun at your back and saying very quietly; "Zimbo. Oh Zimbo! Die you muthafu....":p LOL. Or something a little less like a 13 year old would dream up.:o

Seriously though, probably not a bad ide if you PM me your mobile number so we can chat if it all goes wrong. Will PM you mine.;)

A.;)

Scottie
29th February 2008, 07:10 PM
ROFLMAO.

I saw you online and thought about joining in an on-line game but I just wanted to do some more in-game playing. I've still only done about 4 missions so far. Getting more used to it mind you.

Do you have a headset? I think it would be cool if we both/all had headsets.... Can you imagine it??? You standing behind a wall looking for me, with me sneaking up behind you, pointing the gun at your back and saying very quietly; "Zimbo. Oh Zimbo! Die you muthafu....":p LOL. Or something a little less like a 13 year old would dream up.:o

Seriously though, probably not a bad ide if you PM me your mobile number so we can chat if it all goes wrong. Will PM you mine.;)

A.;)

I think you both need to sign up......... ;) :D

zimbo
29th February 2008, 07:21 PM
ROFLMAO.

Do you have a headset?

A.;)

No Andy I dont have one yet, not sure how or where to go to get one either. Heard/read somewhere that seemingly its best to use a mobile phone bluetooth thingymabob with another part connected to the PS3.

...besides I'm not sure if its a good idea to have one, coz I tend to let my tongue slip quit a bit some times when I'm playing. I tend to get really involved in my games, if you get what I mean!!! like " aaahhh you dirty little b****** " or " get to **** " etc etc :rolleyes::p

But that sort of thing only happens very Very rarely, honest!! :D

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2008, 07:46 PM
No Andy I dont have one yet, not sure how or where to go to get one either. Heard/read somewhere that seemingly its best to use a mobile phone bluetooth thingymabob with another part connected to the PS3.

...besides I'm not sure if its a good idea to have one, coz I tend to let my tongue slip quit a bit some times when I'm playing. I tend to get really involved in my games, if you get what I mean!!! like " aaahhh you dirty little b****** " or " get to **** " etc etc :rolleyes::p

But that sort of thing only happens very Very rarely, honest!! :D

LOL.

It's just as well we didn't have headsets last week then. "Arrrggghhhhh ZIMBO YA BIG BAS......." Slipped out my mouth on a couple of occasions.:D :D

A.;)

N12 JLK
29th February 2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry we have a 360, oh well Im off to listen to the gales again:mad:

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2008, 02:30 AM
Cracking night again tonight guys.:D Really enjoyed it, even if it does get a bit tiresome seeing:

1st - Zimbo

2nd - AeroJonny

3rd - AndyP

And Jonny, who takes a rocket launcher to a pistol match?:rolleyes: LOL. Good thinking though.;)

Zimbo well done on that match where you killed me 11 times, and didn't get you once.:o

Anyone who doesn't play the game and reads this is gonna realise I need some practice.:rolleyes:

It is much better with 3 than 2. With two of us in there some of the bigger maps are like needles in haystacks. At least with 3 folks, you have a better chance of finding someone - delete that...... At least with 3 folks the two of you have a better chance of finding and killing me.:rolleyes:

zimbo
1st March 2008, 11:33 AM
Cracking night again tonight guys.:D Really enjoyed it, even if it does get a bit tiresome seeing:

1st - Zimbo

2nd - AeroJonny

3rd - AndyP

And Jonny, who takes a rocket launcher to a pistol match?:rolleyes: LOL. Good thinking though.;)

Zimbo well done on that match where you killed me 11 times, and didn't get you once.:o

Anyone who doesn't play the game and reads this is gonna realise I need some practice.

It is much better with 3 than 2. With two of us in there some of the bigger maps are like needles in haystacks. At least with 3 folks, you have a better chance of finding someone - delete that...... At least with 3 folks the two of you have a better chance of finding and killing me.:rolleyes:

A.

Oh dear poor Andy :o yeah sorry about that "ONE big victory" I had :rolleyes: was'nt sure if the air strike and helicopter would be able to get you in that match...

Yeah it was great being able to have Jonny along with us this time and hopefully again for our future games and maybe we can convert some 360 players into getting PS3s and joining us 3, I did have Ewen here as well as you know and we did swap over the controller for every other match.

As you'll know just as I do, practice makes perfect and thats why I do a lot of practicing all be it on line with the PROs who seem to play on there!!! :eek: seemingly once you hit 55 in the rankings you get to a whole new level of gaming or something where i think apparently all you'll do is "DIE!!" :(, I've got a little bit to go to get to there (@36 just now, I think)

But we had a brilliant time, @ least I did anyway... So bring on the next ones.

You've got my mob # now so any time your going on line just send me a txt to see if I'm playing or not ok. I am on just about every night (practicing) from between 7ish to about 9ish-10ish. And yes I am single and lead a very boring life, hence the reason I have time to do that... (before anyone says anything)

Jonny excellent having you duelling with us last night mate, gonna have to keep an eye on you, your pretty sneaky and cunning I think... I did notice you seem to like sneaking up on me and stabbing me, the knife seems to be your preferred weapon of choice before the rocket launcher that Andy was on about before!!:eek:

See you at the next game/s mate.

AeroJonny
1st March 2008, 01:57 PM
That was great fun last night guys :D We did seem to keep grouping in the same area of the map with all the ruined buildings.

I quite enjoyed having only a couple of other people in the game, it's nice to go for a bit of hunting.

You're right Zimbo, the guys on there are insanely good (i've a feeling some are playing with a mouse and keyboard)...my progress through the rankings was really pretty quick to begin with, but now it's like watching paint dry. I'm in the same position as you mate...so video games it is!;)

Haha, the knife's a pretty good weapon, it's a guaranteed kill if you do it right...and the rocket launcher's a part of a custom class i made :D

FergusM
1st March 2008, 09:42 PM
Well I just bought a copy on ebay...so after a bit of practising I'll be able to get killed by you guys :)

AndyP & Lenore
1st March 2008, 09:56 PM
Well I just bought a copy on ebay...so after a bit of practising I'll be able to get killed by you guys :)

That's the spirit. Watch out for Jonny, he sneaks up behind you on tiptoes with a rocket launcher.:D And watch out for Zimbo, who just annihilates everything.:eek: :D

Burple
1st March 2008, 10:38 PM
Excellent night guys :D

Loved my first go, on the map like a russian suburb.. the one <cof> where I got 8 kills and one death! :D:D
..did I mention that was my first every time playing COD4 online?? ;):p:D:cool:

Pretty damn good fun tho, I'll be up for more of that! Shame I've got a 360!

...and sorry Andy mate, but you dunno how much we were pissing ourselves during that 11-0 match :o:D:eek:

AeroJonny
2nd March 2008, 01:41 AM
You were well and truly kickin ass in that map LnL!!!

Burple
2nd March 2008, 02:14 AM
Weird.. it just felt very familiar.. similar in a lot of ways to some Counter Strike maps I think :D

AeroJonny
2nd March 2008, 04:33 PM
I find cs soooooooooooooo difficult

Gismo
2nd March 2008, 06:31 PM
I'm home this week, i guess i'll have to get practicing, i'll be well rusty, not played for a while, oh, thought i'd get all my excuses in first :D

drb5374
2nd March 2008, 07:29 PM
When you get to level 55, don't bother going any further.

You lose all your acheivments and guns, go back to level 1 for prestige level one and then need to do it all again. You get to level 55 of prestige one and then do it ALL again on prestige 2 and so on and so forth up to prestige 10.....sorry but not me. I started prestige one, but have since lost all enthusiasm for the game.

Stick to getting to level 55 and that way you have all the guns, whereas most other folk .... won't.

zimbo
2nd March 2008, 07:31 PM
I'm home this week, i guess i'll have to get practicing, i'll be well rusty, not played for a while, oh, thought i'd get all my excuses in first :D

No excuses allowed I'm afraid.... :eek:

Our numbers seem to be growing :D, more people to hunt and kill. bwa ha ha ha ha :p

AeroJonny
3rd March 2008, 01:43 AM
I've added a clan tag that is NMS ...let's build the clan!

Gismo
3rd March 2008, 04:10 AM
Nice one :cool: i'm due home tomorrow and will be looking to join in, can I, can I, eh eh eh :D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2008, 11:18 AM

How do you "find" or "use" the clan tag?

AeroJonny
3rd March 2008, 11:38 AM
Nice one :cool: i'm due home tomorrow and will be looking to join in, can I, can I, eh eh eh :D

Course you can :D it's for all of us!

AeroJonny
3rd March 2008, 11:48 AM
How do you "find" or "use" the clan tag?

Andy, you can find it in the barracks, it's the third option down. I think you need to reach around about level 14/15 as I only unlocked it last night.

It's getting quite good, I'm inadvertently completing a lot of the challenges as my kill count rises, which is pretty good fun and gets you a few extra XP points.

If you're wanting to increase your XP, try the Headquarters game...you get rather a lot of points each game.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd March 2008, 12:15 PM
Andy, you can find it in the barracks, it's the third option down. I think you need to reach around about level 14/15 as I only unlocked it last night.

It's getting quite good, I'm inadvertently completing a lot of the challenges as my kill count rises, which is pretty good fun and gets you a few extra XP points.

If you're wanting to increase your XP, try the Headquarters game...you get rather a lot of points each game.

Ah yes. Barracks. I saw that option. Cool. Will have a looky next time I'm on.

zimbo
3rd March 2008, 07:21 PM
ha ha sounds like johnny is starting to get addicted as well... I'll be on again soon, after I have had my T. :D Yup headquarters and Free-for-all are my two favourite spots.

AeroJonny
3rd March 2008, 08:05 PM
ha ha sounds like johnny is starting to get addicted as well...

Just a bit...you can call me Staff Sergeant ;)

Gismo
4th March 2008, 09:53 AM
I'm gonna have to start from scratch again cause Wee Jase was using my username to get online and he is up to level 33 or summat, wouldn't be fair having all that weaponry at my disposal ;)

Burple
4th March 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm gonna have to start from scratch again cause Wee Jase was using my username to get online and he is up to level 33 or summat, wouldn't be fair having all that weaponry at my disposal ;)

You might need it judging by some of Friday's games!! :p;):D:D:D

AeroJonny
4th March 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sayin nowt ;)

zimbo
4th March 2008, 07:14 PM
Well Alan you can just bring along a Knife and a Rocket Launcher coz thats all "Staff Sergeant Johnny" seems to bring with him :D

Well I'm up to 40 I think (Captain II) :cool: will know for sure tonight when i have my nightly session. The higher you get the slower you seem to go... or it seems that way to me anyway.

SS Johnny do you know if and how you go about customising your weapons if possible? i.e adding silencers or selecting two different weapons instead of the two you get with each rifle you select?

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2008, 07:29 PM
Will lock this and start a new thread for the next date.

A.;)