PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst cars I have ever done

ianking
24th February 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi Folks.

Dont normally do full write ups on cars that I do for people as I usually cant be bothered putting all the pics onto photobucket. However when I picked this car up on Sat morning I thought I would start taking pics and do a write up for it.

Here is a link to the car at Detailing World.
I am glad to see the back of it thats for sure.
Didnt even get time to do my own car as it took me so long on this one.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=59457

AndyP & Lenore
24th February 2008, 09:32 PM
What a cracking job mate.:D

I hope the owner was thouroughly ashamed of the condition of the car when he handed it to you.

Although, taking into account there were no swirls on the paintwork, this does kinda play into the hands or Bonnie Scotland's theory... if you don't wash your car, you can't do it any damage.:rolleyes:

A.:D

ianking
24th February 2008, 09:34 PM
The car wasnt completely swirl less it just had some very light ones that came away with the finishing polish on the rotary.
I think I would have needed it for another day if the paint had been in a terrible state as it still took 1 and half hours to run over with the 3M finishing polish. Then a further 1 and half hours to do the Zymol treatment.

Craig
24th February 2008, 09:50 PM
I think it just goes to show that some people just don't care about their car... :eek: :rolleyes: :(

great job Ian, but 17 hours.!!! :eek:

hope my first job won't be that bad, but it is a 57 plate motor, so it shouldn't be too bad... :cool:

ianking
24th February 2008, 09:58 PM
17 hours come pretty quick though as the wheels took a couple hours all round and the claying took a good hour or so, there was cement stuck to the bodywork as well as the owner goes onto building sites.

I had to use a wire brush on the carpet mats and boot carpet as the henry and the george were just not touching them.

I have spent a good 10 hours on an exterior only job before. It was one that required alot of correction work though and it was a black car, owner wanted it perfect. E90 3 series that had been badly prepped at the dealers and then keyed when they got it home.

sedgie
24th February 2008, 11:02 PM
:o :o :o ...u dinnae want my car then!....lol or hubby's!:o ....ffs that clean!:o :eek: :eek:

Gismo
25th February 2008, 04:02 AM
Aw come on, even i wouldn't allow the interior of my car to get in as bad a state as that, that's disgusting and i hope the guys suitable embarassed :eek:
As for the outside, well, man it's winter, what do you expect, within 30 minutes the outside will be as bad again ;)

AeroJonny
25th February 2008, 03:35 PM
...you've missed a bit ;) :p

N12 JLK
25th February 2008, 10:06 PM
Car looks crap Ian what a waste of time, you had been better using 40 grit sandpaper with all those swirls. Looks as though he spilled all his sherbert dibdabs over the carpet before you hoovered it up. Better spending your time in the pub as I know you are never there;)

N12 JLK
25th February 2008, 10:06 PM
Only joking Ian , fantastic job, are you free at the end of March:)

ianking
25th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Aye very good.

I was just going to rub some sawdust on it and saw 'eye there you go, its better now'. :D

N12 JLK
25th February 2008, 10:18 PM
did you use back to black on the wheels?

Scottie
25th February 2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Folks.

Dont normally do full write ups on cars that I do for people as I usually cant be bothered putting all the pics onto photobucket. However when I picked this car up on Sat morning I thought I would start taking pics and do a write up for it.

Here is a link to the car at Detailing World.
I am glad to see the back of it thats for sure.
Didnt even get time to do my own car as it took me so long on this one.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=59457

Looks a great Job Ian. I only hope you got paid for the Job. You got to be really into polishing to do that kinda work me thinks. Hope the guy keeps the car clean now.

AeroJonny
26th February 2008, 01:29 AM
I honestly think that the job you did on the wheels was a minor miracle! How??

ianking
26th February 2008, 09:44 AM
Wheels were cleaned using strong 'non acidic' wheel cleaner. Then they were clayed using rough clay to get all the bonded stuff off. Then polished then sealed. Wheels took absolutely ages.

Smurf
26th February 2008, 01:44 PM
I can't believe the state of the inside......

What a mess, I'm shocked! I worry about poor wee Smurf cos she's a bit dusty inside just now. She's immaculate compared to that!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Crombers
26th February 2008, 04:56 PM
Fantastic job Ian, any update as to the suggestion earlier this month re showing us all the tips of the 'cleanin' trade :)

ianking
26th February 2008, 06:03 PM
Working on it Crombers. Just trying to find a suitable venue.:D

AeroJonny
26th February 2008, 11:55 PM
I think we should have a charidee auction for it :D

Crombers
27th February 2008, 01:38 PM
Working on it Crombers. Just trying to find a suitable venue.:D

Good man :)

The Bull
29th February 2008, 04:04 PM
Wheels were cleaned using strong 'non acidic' wheel cleaner. Then they were clayed using rough clay to get all the bonded stuff off. Then polished then sealed. Wheels took absolutely ages.

Bilberry by any chance?

ianking
1st March 2008, 10:54 PM
No 'AutoSmart non acidic Smart Wheels' as stated in the write up on Detailing Worls post. :D

Scottie
1st March 2008, 11:01 PM
Ian is it Chemical Guys that make the Poorboys Wheel Sealent.???

ianking
1st March 2008, 11:21 PM
Ian is it Chemical Guys that make the Poorboys Wheel Sealent.???

I think Poorboys is the actual make.

Craig
1st March 2008, 11:22 PM
correct, I have it in my collection now... growing by the week... Just bought my first Clay Bar and also some Black Wow this week... :)

Scottie
1st March 2008, 11:24 PM
I think Poorboys is the actual make.

But Chemical Guys make Poorboys Polish and other ranges it just the pink colour of the sealent makes me wonder about it.