PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys!!!!!???

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 10:28 AM
I'M going to look at a Mini this afternoon.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek: :eek:

I did see one online at my local dealer that I likes but well you know the score:mad:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd February 2008, 10:50 AM
Good news Fi. Hope it goes well for you.:D :D :D

Cooper? S? GP? One? JCW? Colour? C'mon, spill!!!!

A.:D

Gismo
23rd February 2008, 10:54 AM
I'M going to look at a Mini this afternoon.:eek:

I did see one online at my local dealer that I likes but well you know the score:mad:
Whay are you even looking :eek:

Craig
23rd February 2008, 11:05 AM
what !! :eek:

jings, I bet it's not for you tho... prob for someone else.. ;)

helping my neighbour at the moment look for a sub £7k MINI and there is a HUGE choice at the moment.. :cool:

Mini Ecosse
23rd February 2008, 06:27 PM
Well, did you or didn't you buy a mini?

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 06:47 PM
Not yet Slawson.:rolleyes:

Couldn't get what I was looking for.

Took a test drive in a R56 Mini One. Was not as bad as i thought it would be.

Was great to blast around Stanley area.

But Grassicks only offered £300 discount bringing it to £13450 or around that without a trade in.:eek: :eek:

They didn't have a massive choice in the used market within my budget that I would want to own.

A 3 spoke steering wheel is a must. Chiili Red or Pepper White Cooper or One or One D. R56.

Although I could maybe possible get a ParkLane but then I would need my wheels back Slawson. LOL

Or if I could only find a PW Sidewalk within my budget.

Frankly was a bit disappointed the sales guy he was not trying to sell the car and in the end I lost interest with him although he might have taken my lack of question to be lack of interest but there was nothing I really needed to ask him tbh.

I will continue my quest through the mini.co website to see if I can find anything.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd February 2008, 07:37 PM
Shame you couldn't make the deal Fi.:(

Clearly Grassics didn't know who was in their show room or they'd have been all over you like a rash.:rolleyes:

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 07:46 PM
Shame you couldn't make the deal Fi.:(

Clearly Grassics didn't know who was in their show room or they'd have been all over you like a rash.:rolleyes:

Oh I don't know that Andyp.

I am sure I saw another NMS member in the showroom today. Thought I knew him but wasn't till I got outside to take the test drive and saw the graphics on him Mini did I then know it was him but he was away by the time I got back.

KenL
23rd February 2008, 08:17 PM
Glad you ARE coming back to MINI...

Was that a new or used R56? Discounts are hard to come buy, I thought.

The Dogfather
23rd February 2008, 08:48 PM
I had a look on Motorpoint just out of curiosity to see if there was anything on there; there's quite a few MINIs in stock but I reckon they maybe imports as I've never seen a Cooper S in Hot Orange

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(tsocvt55ii5td555gfnublqw))/Search/VehicleDetails.aspx?vehicle=170071

Especially not with orange leather :eek:

The Dogfather
23rd February 2008, 08:53 PM
Mind you the have an old shape Cooper S hatch with delivery miles, now that must be the last of the supercharged ones in the country. Its even got climate and recaros £16k

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 09:03 PM
Mind you the have an old shape Cooper S hatch with delivery miles, now that must be the last of the supercharged ones in the country. Its even got climate and recaros £16k

you got a link to it

The Dogfather
23rd February 2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(ygw00y455tgoj52cvqlvzrz4))/Search/VehicleDetails.aspx?vehicle=170074

Its not been registered so it might be an import, but don't BMW don't a Europe wide warranty?

The Dogfather
23rd February 2008, 09:17 PM
There'll be an extra £500 on top of that price for prep and registering, plus you have to get your own roadtax. BTW you can order the car over the phone, then if you don't like it when you go to collect cancel the order.

eddie 44
23rd February 2008, 11:26 PM
Hope to be back in a mini soon to...:) if grassicks give me a fair trade in on my type S . . fingers crossed.

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 11:28 PM
Hope to be back in a mini soon to...:) if grassicks give me a fair trade in on my type S . . fingers crossed.

I was keeping an eye out for you today but didn't see you.:D

eddie 44
23rd February 2008, 11:32 PM
going in on monday... once the honda,s had a wee bath n rub over :D to look its best..

mikeythemini
23rd February 2008, 11:42 PM
hi fiona - thought you would have gone 1st gen??
I been trying to get hold of you, PM, e mail, threads, but no reply

Scottie
23rd February 2008, 11:59 PM
hi fiona - thought you would have gone 1st gen??
I been trying to get hold of you, PM, e mail, threads, but no reply

still deciding not gone with anything yet. My email has not changed should be ok.

illegalhunter
24th February 2008, 08:57 AM
Well how long was that Mini less then Fi?

Mini Ecosse
24th February 2008, 10:24 AM
Not yet Slawson.:rolleyes:

Although I could maybe possible get a ParkLane but then I would need my wheels back Slawson. LOL

Nae chance :p , all polished and stored in garage until the better weather arrives i.e. no more salt on roads.:) :)
Stephen

N12 JLK
24th February 2008, 12:13 PM
just get out there and buy a bloody MINI Fiona and stop mucking around, you know you want to.:o

AeroJonny
24th February 2008, 02:10 PM
Douglas Park Hamilton have a gorgeous lightning blue R56 one with aero kit and flame spoke wheels...looks fair braw fi!:D:D

Scottie
24th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Douglas Park Hamilton have a gorgeous lightning blue R56 one with aero kit and flame spoke wheels...looks fair braw fi!:D:D

yo got a link to it?

ianking
24th February 2008, 07:07 PM
Hope you get a Mini Fi

Vidal, they did do Hot Orange S Cabrio for the UK and the orange seats were option on all the hot orange cabrios.

euan
24th February 2008, 07:14 PM
yo got a link to it?

Could be the demo - it's not on their used car list.

The Dogfather
24th February 2008, 07:31 PM
Hope you get a Mini Fi

Vidal, they did do Hot Orange S Cabrio for the UK and the orange seats were option on all the hot orange cabrios.

Ah, I didn't realise I thought it was only the Cooper that came in Hot Orange.

There seems to be an awful lot of MINIs on motorpoint at the moment.

AeroJonny
24th February 2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry Fi, it's a showroom car just now...looks brilliant though. When I was in I dealt with a guy called Alfie, he seemed really decent.

Scottie
25th February 2008, 12:08 AM
Sorry Fi, it's a showroom car just now...looks brilliant though. When I was in I dealt with a guy called Alfie, he seemed really decent.

did you notice the price of the car?

AeroJonny
25th February 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm afraid i didn't see a price, I didn't look at the board thing beside the car. I've got the guy's card if you want his number?

markyc
25th February 2008, 08:13 PM
The return of Mrs MINI has commenced then :eek: Great news Fi and good hunting for what you are looking for :D :D ;)

weefossy
25th February 2008, 09:23 PM
FI, great to have you back in the land of MIni :cool: :cool: In time for Oxford ??

Of all the great cars Alan and you have had, what's the one you wish you could get back?

Scottie
25th February 2008, 09:31 PM
FI, great to have you back in the land of MIni :cool: :cool: In time for Oxford ??

Of all the great cars Alan and you have had, what's the one you wish you could get back?

Parklane......

AeroJonny
25th February 2008, 09:42 PM
It was a seriously sweet parklane! Think my fave was the pure silver S...then again i would say that!;)

N12 JLK
25th February 2008, 09:52 PM
buy buy buy a mini mrs Scottiecoop, I will organise another Mini Meats in your honour if you buy a Mini:p

Scottie
25th February 2008, 10:53 PM
It was a seriously sweet parklane! Think my fave was the pure silver S...then again i would say that!;)

did you ever see my Lambs Wool throw seats covers I had in my Parklane.:cool: I'm sure Weefossy had these covers many years ago I think when he had a Midget that's if he ever fitted in a Midget.;) :cool: :p :D :D

Craig
25th February 2008, 11:20 PM
If I had known you were serious before saturday past, you could have had a very nice 56 plate Astro Black Cooper Convertible with less than 6000 miles on it for £13,500 :eek: :rolleyes: :D but the deal is done now... :(

Scottie
25th February 2008, 11:35 PM
If I had known you were serious before saturday past, you could have had a very nice 56 plate Astro Black Cooper Convertible with less than 6000 miles on it for £13,500 :eek: :rolleyes: :D but the deal is done now... :(

wrong colour.:(

Craig
25th February 2008, 11:37 PM
jings your hard to please.... :rolleyes: ;)

AeroJonny
26th February 2008, 01:26 AM
did you ever see my Lambs Wool throw seats covers I had in my Parklane.:cool: I'm sure Weefossy had these covers many years ago I think when he had a Midget that's if he ever fitted in a Midget.;) :cool: :p :D :D

I didn't...do you have any pics? And here I was thinking those lovely lounge seats would be comfy enough!!:eek::cool:

weefossy
26th February 2008, 11:34 PM
First had the old lambswool covers with Bri-nylon backs in a mini in the early 70's then had the sheepskin rug type covers in a "souped up" Morris 1300 GT with go fast stripes. Real class:cool: :cool: Those were the days:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
27th February 2008, 09:22 AM
I remember them Malc:eek: Great for keeping your bum warm on very cold plastic seats if I remember rightly:o ;) :D