PDA

View Full Version : Funny Squeek / screech in cluch

S7JGW
22nd February 2008, 01:21 PM
Ocasionally when pulling away in 1st when the car is cold in the morning my car gives out a squeek/ squeeling noise. Anyone else had this? and does anyone know if it means if the cluch is on the way out r anything? The car is out of MINI warrenty but still has an arnold clark warrenty from buying second hand from there.
Jim

Bumble
22nd February 2008, 02:10 PM
Mice? ... :D

Gismo
22nd February 2008, 04:04 PM
If there is no clutch slippage then the likely culprit will be the thrust bearing

Burple
22nd February 2008, 04:32 PM
Ocasionally when pulling away in 1st when the car is cold in the morning my car gives out a squeek/ squeeling noise. Anyone else had this? and does anyone know if it means if the cluch is on the way out r anything? The car is out of MINI warrenty but still has an arnold clark warrenty from buying second hand from there.
Jim

I actually get it a bit just now, I just put it down to the clutch slipping a wee bit. It only ever happens when I pull out of one car park at work, which is a pretty steep slope (ramp) to have the car sitting on the clutch on (straight out onto a main road), and it only happens when the car's cold, and it's a cold damp day.. so I'm not gonna worry about it just now :D

Burple
22nd February 2008, 04:35 PM
Mice? ... :D

Lol.. don't speak to me about meeces!! We caught 18 of the little furry destroyers of couches in the 3 months previous to christmas...

..cute wee field meeces that they were, they HAD to get booted across the fields!

heh, only kidding, we used humane traps, and the worst they had to put up with was being covered in their own poo for a couple of hours! :D :D :D

Bumble
22nd February 2008, 11:03 PM
heh, only kidding, we used humane traps, and the worst they had to put up with was being covered in their own poo for a couple of hours! :D :D :D

mmmm ... thanks for sharing! Nice pictures now in my head ...

S7JGW
25th February 2008, 01:41 PM
Hope its nae mice, There doesnt seem to be any slip just when cold and under load it seems to squeek, prob wont bother worring about it just now then.
Cheers
Jim

V3 NGS
29th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Jim
Hi the problem you are experiencing is the Flywheel ... I will explain .. on the Mini the flywheel has a cush drive assembly built in to it to help absorb the shock of a hard take off ... but the rubbers dry out and start to squeel this will get worse ... BMW do have a bullitin about this and has been changed under warranty in the past ..... however as this is a second hand sale it will be down to where you got it from .... if you have still got a warranty then push for it to be done as it will cost you around £1500.00 from BMW.... hope this has helped .... cheers Nigel