PDA

View Full Version : Larini!! This weekend, hopefully

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 10:00 PM
I've just ordered a Larini back box for the Mazda, hopefully will be here by the weekend. I'm hoping it will sound something like this: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBbf35gf3GQ&feature=related

Love the way the dog moves away from the car when he revs it :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 10:03 PM
Very nice Paul.:D :D

That dog really wasn't keen on that noise.:eek:

A.:D

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 10:04 PM
What parts have you got fitted already and have ordered?

As if its just a backbox i'd doubt it'd sound too much like that given the mods he/she already has done to it.

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQaMIpE3lM&NR=1

Thats most likely how it'll sound, which i think is a touch better and throatier (may just be the sound quality between the 2 clips though)

Infact, just noticed thats probbaly not the mx5 you have ;)

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 10:07 PM
What parts have you got fitted already and have ordered?

As if its just a backbox i'd doubt it'd sound too much like that given the mods he/she already has done to it.

Th only difference will be the sports catalyst, I saw a clip of a Lotus with the OEM, the back box only and the full kit. The only difference between the larini's was the volume. Hopefully it'll have the same tone(ish). If not I'll have to pony up for the catalyst:(

The other clip is of a MKII. There's other clips but they're from inside the car.

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 10:08 PM
The video you posted also has a CAI fitted

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 10:13 PM
Here a comparison of the three setups on an Elise

http://www.larinisystems.com/mediaFiles/53e8bf_fileWMV.wmv

I read somewhere that you can't do a decat on the MX5 as its far too loud :eek: The standard setup is for a cold air intake from the front of the car but that must have a conical airfilter instead of the paper one. I've got a K&N on order but there's a supply problem.

Larini supposedly tune their exhausts to give the same tone for the same type of engine so 4 cylinders should sound similar. BTW they have some clips of exotica on the site the Aston sounds out of this world.

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 10:21 PM
Most cars are far too loud with straight through pipes

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 10:28 PM
Most cars are far too loud with straight through pipes

They seem to have a few Elise's without cats, perhaps for track use though?

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 10:32 PM
Could be, pretty sure all tracks (bar goodwood) have specific noise emission levels etc to abide by... but having straight through systems is very common and not exclusive to track cars, hence the removable cat so come MOT time emissions are met, either that you become friendly with a dodgy tester ;)

Im sure youve came across a few corsas, saxos and pug's that are absolutely screaming away at 20mph :D

Crombers
21st February 2008, 12:56 PM
Buy a MINI :D

illegalhunter
21st February 2008, 01:23 PM
Now thats a growling zoost

vintageb3
21st February 2008, 09:23 PM
Love the way the dog moves away from the car when he revs it :D

Dog obviously a Mini lover;)

mark

The Dogfather
21st February 2008, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately, the exhaust won't be here until Monday, I'm gutted.