PDA

View Full Version : LW Wash Mitt anyone changed

Scottie
19th February 2008, 10:38 PM
to using a noodle yet.???

I've bought 2 a good while back and I think I prefer them.

reading on detailing world I thought I would give them the CD test and they didn't mark it but my LW mitt did.

Thinking about giving the zymol sponge ago.

ianking
19th February 2008, 10:54 PM
Not goy one yet but both my Lamb and MF mits will be needing changed soon.

I usually demote the car body one down to wheel one then the old wheel one goes in the bin.
I still keep an old school devils sponge but it is only for cleaning under wheel arches.

Not sure about a Zymol sponge, they are expensive and I just cant bring my self to use a sponge on the paintwork.

Scottie
19th February 2008, 11:02 PM
Sounds like you need to buy the ShMitt a black one for your wheels and the white/yellow for the car.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2008, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you need to buy the ShMitt a black one for your wheels and the white/yellow for the car.

I bought a wheel schmitt.

It does a decent job but do you not find it awful big to get between the spokes of the wheels?:confused:

Oh yeah..... and... What's a Noodle? Other than the obvious.

A.:D

illegalhunter
22nd February 2008, 09:19 AM
Ive got both Smitts the paint still has swirls on it. But Honda paint is water based cr@P .

ianking
22nd February 2008, 09:24 AM
Deerslayer, Honda paint is very thin from what I have found. My mate has a PTG and I went over my Mums new shape CRV and they were all pretty low readings.

Scottie
22nd February 2008, 09:43 AM
Deerslayer, Honda paint is very thin from what I have found. My mate has a PTG and I went over my Mums new shape CRV and they were all pretty low readings.

Ian you haven't bought a paint depth indicator have you.???

ianking
22nd February 2008, 09:46 AM
No my mate has one and I got a shot of it. Its not a super fancy one though. You can get a standard one for about £150 though which I really should get.

illegalhunter
22nd February 2008, 10:51 AM
Yes i no the paint is really thin & Santa brought me a Porta cable for Xmas . Iam off to the scappy to get panel to work on before i go near the CTR. The paint on the bonet is chipped to feck allready.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd February 2008, 11:03 AM
Yes i no the paint is really thin & Santa brought me a Porta cable for Xmas . Iam off to the scappy to get panel to work on before i go near the CTR. The paint on the bonet is chipped to feck allready.

Should've stuck with your MINI.:rolleyes:

A.;)

ianking
22nd February 2008, 01:56 PM
You would have to work very hard to remove any paint or clear coat with a porter cable.

illegalhunter
22nd February 2008, 09:22 PM
Do you have a link to the tread Fi?

illegalhunter
22nd February 2008, 09:24 PM

A.;)Andy if your car was as bad as mine you would got rid as well. I loved the S but its so dishartning when its 1 thing after another.£22k was more than i paid for my first house.

KenL
22nd February 2008, 10:02 PM
Thin paint will not make it more likely to suffer from swirls. Swirls are caused by miniscule marks in the surface clearcoat.

All paints are water based these days, are they not?

KenL
22nd February 2008, 10:04 PM
I usually demote the car body one down to wheel one then the old wheel one goes in the bin.

I use "non-stick" pan cleaner sponge pads for my wheels.

They are the ones with a white scouring part.

Good cleaning performance and no sign of any probs. Been usign these since my 02 ONE.

The Dogfather
22nd February 2008, 10:04 PM
Andy if your car was as bad as mine you would got rid as well. I loved the S but its so dishartning when its 1 thing after another.£22k was more than i paid for my first house.

Where was that Beirut?

KenL
22nd February 2008, 10:05 PM

A.;)

Agreed...:D

KenL
22nd February 2008, 10:06 PM
Andy if your car was as bad as mine you would got rid as well. I loved the S but its so dishartning when its 1 thing after another.£22k was more than i paid for my first house.

So, you're an old git...................like me :eek:

illegalhunter
23rd February 2008, 09:18 AM
So, you're an old git...................like me :eek:
EEEHHHHH iam a very young 39

The Bull
29th February 2008, 04:08 PM
But Honda paint is water based cr@P .

It is..agreed, very thin in comparison to the BMW paint finishes but they are water based too. I think all modern cars are by law now. Not like the good old days.