PDA

View Full Version : How to's..

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2008, 05:43 PM
If you have a modification or repair that you are about to carry out, you could share your experiences with other NMS'ers by posting up a How To thread.

Take photo's at each step of the way and make notes. Once you have completed the mod please start a thread with the title indicating what the mod is for, and then create a post in that thread for each of the photos. Type in your notes with each photo.

It is suggested that while you are constructing your how to guide, you include the text UNDER CONSTRUCTION in the title. People reading the guides MUST NOT reply to any thread that has UNDER CONSTRUCTION in the title. Once you have completed your how to guide, simply edit the first post in the thread and remove the words UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Once the How To has been completed, the thread will be stickey'd and locked.

A.;)

Craig
19th February 2008, 05:58 PM
Andy,

the first part of This Thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10237) tells you how to fit mudflaps to an R56 and includes pics. Can you with your mod powers clean it up and put it in as a "how to" ?

ta
:D

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2008, 06:17 PM
Andy,

the first part of This Thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10237) tells you how to fit mudflaps to an R56 and includes pics. Can you with your mod powers clean it up and put it in as a "how to" ?

ta
:D

Likee so?

A.:D

ianking
19th February 2008, 06:38 PM
I wish I had taken pics when I was doing the job now. I might be needing brake pads in 6 months or so. Ive done R56 rear bumper and R56 Aero skirts but never took any pics either. :(

Craig
19th February 2008, 07:22 PM
Likee so?

ta muchly.. ;)

Will be doing a "Fitting an Aero Grill to Cooper S Bumper" and "Fitting New Plastic Trim to Car" one soon... :)

ianking
19th February 2008, 09:40 PM
Im sure I still have pics from when I ripped the inside out of my R56 for the fitting of the Mikemini Hi-Fi upgrade. It took a bit longer than the fitting of the brake pads mind you.

N12 JLK
19th February 2008, 09:44 PM
I wish I had taken pics when I was doing the job now. I might be needing brake pads in 6 months or so. Ive done R56 rear bumper and R56 Aero skirts but never took any pics either. :(

your a bloody let down:)

Gismo
20th February 2008, 04:12 AM
A great idea to have how to threads, but, i wonder if the stickied posts will take over the section.
Maybe a dedicated forum is required

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 07:42 AM
A great idea to have how to threads, but, i wonder if the stickied posts will take over the section.

Good shout, they'd be easier to find as well. Civinfo have a wiki area as well, perhaps we could nick a few other ideas from other sites?

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 10:07 AM

Would agree a dedicated forum is a good idea. Beyond our measly Mod powers though.:o

But maybe not just yet. Let's see if we get some "How To's" being posted up. It would look a bit daft with a dedicated forum and just one thread in it.

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 10:18 AM
At the same time a dedicated forum would make How To's easier to find, and may encourage more folk to write them up. So I have sent a PM to Calum asking for a new forum.

illegalhunter
20th February 2008, 10:46 AM
Why not just download the PDF off of motoringfile