PDA

View Full Version : My new motor

Coop
18th February 2008, 07:06 PM
The Mini is gone Im afraid, here are a few pics of the new car

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/White325/327.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/White325/326.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/White325/325.jpg

Got it from grassicks, totally delighted with it although I do miss the Mini...

Grant

FergusM
18th February 2008, 07:20 PM
Lovely...I miss my E46 at times.

Sweeney
18th February 2008, 07:39 PM
Nice replacement :), de-baged... what you hiding? ;)

Craig
18th February 2008, 07:46 PM
Prob hiding that it is an oil burner.. ;)

nice looking car, but you'll not get some blonde burd draping hersel over yer bonnet at F & M with a car like that... :p :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 07:47 PM
Now that's a very nice MINI replacement.:D :D I like. Lovely colour and lovely wheels. MMMMMmmmmm.:D :D

I suspect when our FL2 goes it will be for a more sensible, economic 1 series or 3 series.

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 07:49 PM
Oh aye... and...

You'll need to send Calum a PM asking him to change your user name to "3" instead of "coop".:D

A.:D

The Dogfather
18th February 2008, 07:56 PM
Shame about the MINI.

sedgie
18th February 2008, 07:58 PM
lolol nice....looks like s'one elses car i know:rolleyes: ...but hubby hasnae de-badged!;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 07:59 PM
lolol nice....looks like s'one elses car i know:rolleyes: ...but hubby hasnae de-badged!;) ;)

Not to drag it off topic, but I was wondering if he plans to de-badge the XF when it arrives...:eek: :D :D

<<<<Runs and hides.:D :D

sedgie
18th February 2008, 08:02 PM
HaHaHaHa......he can crawl all he wants....he has still been told NOOOOOOOO!:D :D :D :D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
18th February 2008, 09:16 PM
Nice car. Glad to see another mini driver has seen the light!!!! lol :D :D

duncan
18th February 2008, 09:26 PM

If you don't have anything constructive to say on a MINI website, why are you here now?

euan
18th February 2008, 11:09 PM
There are a load of folk on here now who own (or owned) E46's - mad!

Anyway, what's the engine and spec? I've got those alloys on my E46 too, they are a right nightmare to get into the spokes until i got a good alloy brush that was thin enough to get in!

Scottie
18th February 2008, 11:28 PM

Anyway, what's the engine and spec? I've got those alloys on my E46 too, they are a right nightmare to get into the spokes until i got a good alloy brush that was thin enough to get in!

MV2's...................

Nice beemer.

BJN
18th February 2008, 11:58 PM
Very nice car.

I've got the MV2s on my e46 too

Gismo
19th February 2008, 03:42 AM
Nice looking 3 series :cool: i can tell you just washed it too given by the suds at the bottom of the wheels :rolleyes:

The Dogfather
19th February 2008, 07:15 AM

Isn't there a Skoda Clone forum you can join.

I bet that if you took a straw poll of all the ex-MINI drivers on here quite a few will say they miss their MINI, I know I do. I should have bought one instead of the Civic, which is a great car but doesn't have character, something you should know all about owning a Polo.

illegalhunter
19th February 2008, 07:36 AM
Great colour

euan
19th February 2008, 09:10 AM
MV2's...................

Nice beemer.

Yup, that's them :D I knew that, just didn't want to look too geeky ;)

Scottie
19th February 2008, 11:33 AM
Yup, that's them :D I knew that, just didn't want to look too geeky ;)

I knew you knew that :rolleyes: I just wanted to look geeky;)

Coop
19th February 2008, 11:14 PM

First of all, thanks for all the nice comments, and as long as Im still interested in Minis I'll keep on using this site!

Its a 320. Ok a 320d if you must know, now nicknamed 'Tractor' by my workmates... Its a Sport, which explains the bigger wheels, bumpers, sports seats etc. The engi e is great, 150bhp turbo, not as fast as the S but still quick enough while Im happy to be getting 40+mpg.

Anyway, I'll keep you up to date on mods, not much planned but there never is... Off for some DERV now :p

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 12:09 AM
First of all, thanks for all the nice comments, and as long as Im still interested in Minis I'll keep on using this site!
Its a 320. Ok a 320d if you must know, now nicknamed 'Tractor' by my workmates... Its a Sport, which explains the bigger wheels, bumpers, sports seats etc. The engi e is great, 150bhp turbo, not as fast as the S but still quick enough while Im happy to be getting 40+mpg.

Anyway, I'll keep you up to date on mods, not much planned but there never is... Off for some DERV now :p

That's good to hear Coop. Please do us (MINI owners) a favour though, and don't turn into one of these "I should never have bought my MINI 'cos it's a bag of cr@p and I'm glad I'm now rid of it but I'm still gonna hang around this site and annoy folk with my stupid anti-MINI-comments." 'Cos, those folks just drive me and many still-MINI-owning members absolutely mental.

BJN
20th February 2008, 12:39 PM
I thought my Mini was excellent! Just lacked a bit of space for the kids, if I didn't have my bike as my fun vehicle I'd probs still have a Mini as well

Scottie
20th February 2008, 12:57 PM
That's good to hear Coop. Please do us (MINI owners) a favour though, and don't turn into one of these "I should never have bought my MINI 'cos it's a bag of cr@p and I'm glad I'm now rid of it but I'm still gonna hang around this site and annoy folk with my stupid anti-MINI-comments." 'Cos, those folks just drive me and many still-MINI-owning members absolutely mental.

Andyp that's a bit harsh is it not. I don't think coop has said anything in this thread against Mini.

I know BJN, Euan, Paul, Myself have never came on here and bad mouth Mini's.

duncan
20th February 2008, 05:42 PM
Andyp that's a bit harsh is it not. I don't think coop has said anything in this thread against Mini.

He didnt. Go back to page 1 and see who did.

Craig
20th February 2008, 07:00 PM
Here Here to Andy's comments. :)

I think they all know who they are..:rolleyes: ;):D

monkimagic
20th February 2008, 08:21 PM

Is this what all the fuss is about? A very silly comment on a Mini site but I reckon it was in jest... poor taste mind.

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 08:31 PM
Aye, but he's a repeat offending offender.

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 08:36 PM
I found it quite funny, "Cat amongst pigeons" sort of thing ;) :D .

Anyhoo, rather than stray off topic and end up in massive rambles again over nothing...

The 2litre diesels are very potent engines, you planning on doing any mods to it coop?

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 08:53 PM
I found it quite funny, "Cat amongst pigeons" sort of thing ;) :D .

I saw it as more of a fart in a packed lift :D

Sweeney
20th February 2008, 08:55 PM
Nah because usually people just grit their teeth and brave it out! Pigeons was a better metaphor :p

The Dogfather
20th February 2008, 08:59 PM
Nah because usually people just grit their teeth and brave it out! Pigeons was a better metaphor :p

Not if the person keeps doing it :D . Anyway when was the last time pigeons attacked a cat, which is what is happening now if we follow your metaphor? :p :p

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 09:32 PM
Cats, pigeons, farts? WTF?

Fiona, there was absolutely NO suggestion that Coop had joined the ranks of the MINI haters club. I was just asking very politely that if he felt the need to take membership of said club, he didn't lower himself to posting anti MINI comments like others have.

Scottie
20th February 2008, 09:36 PM
Cats, pigeons, farts? WTF?

Fiona, there was absolutely NO suggestion that Coop had joined the ranks of the MINI haters club. I was just asking very politely that if he felt the need to take membership of said club, he didn't lower himself to posting anti MINI comments like others have.

I understand now it was a pre-emptive strike.??

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2008, 10:01 PM
I understand now it was a pre-emptive strike.??

Yes. Well. More of a pre-emptive plead, than a strike.:o

euan
21st February 2008, 09:58 AM
Not if the person keeps doing it :D . Anyway when was the last time pigeons attacked a cat, which is what is happening now if we follow your metaphor? :p :p

Not a pigeon, how about a tortoise attacking a cat?:D LINK (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i4jbyohJ0qk)

Gordons_cooper_wrks
24th February 2008, 12:31 AM
it was a joke **** sake calm the beans ladies!!!! A wee idea for the first mod for you BMW. A lovely wee set of window tints. Will really change the look of your car!!! MON THE VEEDUBS!!!!! lol. We still love minis really. And remeber dont take everything to heart. We are all just on here for some fun and a LAUGH are we not? hence :::::Off Topic & Banter General Banter, Jokes and Piss Taking!!!

The Dogfather
24th February 2008, 12:49 AM
it was a joke **** sake calm the beans ladies!!!! A wee idea for the first mod for you BMW. A lovely wee set of window tints. Will really change the look of your car!!! MON THE VEEDUBS!!!!! lol. We still love minis really. And remeber dont take everything to heart. We are all just on here for some fun and a LAUGH are we not? hence :::::Off Topic & Banter General Banter, Jokes and Piss Taking!!!

Ok cool, how's the 'I can't afford a Golf GTI' Skoda clone with the 70 year old engine then? :D

N12 JLK
24th February 2008, 12:20 PM
Ok cool, how's the 'I can't afford a Golf GTI' Skoda clone with the 70 year old engine then? :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D
oh yes

Gordons_cooper_wrks
24th February 2008, 09:11 PM

yas!! some light hearted slagging!! well, the "i cant afford a golf gti" polo gti is goin great. The golf has a big arse just like sweeney, oh no i mean like sweeneys car!!! :D . The volkswagen is so good that is why skoda cloned it. Dont see any mini clones on the market. The 70 yr old engine is running like a dream. As the saying goes " why fix something that aint broke". Mabey mini should of remebered that saying when they brought out the R56. So wats the lastest hair care products this month? Do you still get free access to bennets coz u drive a MX5?? hehehehehehe. AND BEFORE ANYONE GETS THERE KNICKERS IN A TWIST THIS A JOKE BTW!!! :D :D :D :D

N12 JLK
25th February 2008, 10:10 PM
:d :d :d :d :d :d

The Dogfather
25th February 2008, 10:35 PM
yas!! some light hearted slagging!! well, the "i cant afford a golf gti" polo gti is goin great. The golf has a big arse just like sweeney, oh no i mean like sweeneys car!!! :D . The volkswagen is so good that is why skoda cloned it. Dont see any mini clones on the market. The 70 yr old engine is running like a dream. As the saying goes " why fix something that aint broke". Mabey mini should of remebered that saying when they brought out the R56. So wats the lastest hair care products this month? Do you still get free access to bennets coz u drive a MX5?? hehehehehehe. AND BEFORE ANYONE GETS THERE KNICKERS IN A TWIST THIS A JOKE BTW!!! :D :D :D :D

Well if its the same engine that was in the TT then it should be sorted by now. It was that engine that made the TT the least reliable car Audi ever built (worst ever VW car I recall). In fact when I had my A2 I rang the breakdown people because the TDI engine went into limp home mode. The guy was genuinely surprised when he found out it wasn't a TT. So it was very broke, you better hope its been fixed :eek: It hit all of the VW group cars BTW just most of the TT had that engine.

I think you need to check your knowledge of cloning the clone is the one that came second, which when we're talking about your car the Fabia was first by about 6 month or so. Mind you they had the sense to put a reliable(r) engine in the VRS.

The hairdresser angle that's new, often wondered why my username is Vidal, now I know. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don't know what Bennets is, is the place where people who have cars that can handle go? If it is perhaps I am entitled to free entry, did they turn you away at the door when they saw what you were driving. Shame.

Perhaps you can cheer yourself up with a 'My next car will be a real GTI window sticker. In the meantime perhaps you can get a kilometre speedo conversion so you can pretend that you've got a real one. :D

The Dogfather
25th February 2008, 10:37 PM
I would have put more smilies in but I'm limited to 12. :D

Gordons_cooper_wrks
26th February 2008, 09:11 PM
lol!!!!!!! brilliant. RIGHT!!! Why not try and do a wee search for bennets night club in galsgow then you will find out what it is?? :D My car is a real GTI!!! im only 25 and dont fancy forking out so much for golf gti insurance. Not sure if it was my engine that was in the TT but i have had no probs with it. Unlike R56 minis may i add! Dont wurry one day you may see the light and buy a VW!! hehehehehehe :D :D

ianking
26th February 2008, 10:10 PM
Well the old fella had a 225 TT for 3 years and not one single fault. Wish I could say that about all the Minis I have had.

In regards to the Polo GTi I think they are very nifty indeed. I saw one the other day in the car park and it looked very tidy.
My mate has a fabia and it is quite simply a pile of pi*s. The metal work is so thin, the finish of the interior plastic is very cheap. It is obvious to me when I am in his car why the Skoda range is considerably cheaper than the VW range. It is because they have scrimped on the materials. It really pis*es me off when folk that drive a Skoda say 'but its a VW'. I just want to say 'its the same company but not the same car, and you are too tight to buy the real thing'. :D

Gordon, I think you have a nice car with the Polo, they are well made and look smart. Ive not driven the new shape GTi polo but I drove a couple of the previous model and they went like stink. I have driven new shape Polos though and they seem very well made.

However, im happy sticking to Mini for the moment.

eddie 44
27th February 2008, 04:09 AM
coop... you sold ma old S....:( funny thing is.... i did the same as you... bought a nice 3 series...:D after the cooper S , but now seen the light , mini number 3 on its way...;) hope you enjoy your new toy...

Gordons_cooper_wrks
27th February 2008, 01:14 PM
Well the old fella had a 225 TT for 3 years and not one single fault. Wish I could say that about all the Minis I have had.

In regards to the Polo GTi I think they are very nifty indeed. I saw one the other day in the car park and it looked very tidy.
My mate has a fabia and it is quite simply a pile of pi*s. The metal work is so thin, the finish of the interior plastic is very cheap. It is obvious to me when I am in his car why the Skoda range is considerably cheaper than the VW range. It is because they have scrimped on the materials. It really pis*es me off when folk that drive a Skoda say 'but its a VW'. I just want to say 'its the same company but not the same car, and you are too tight to buy the real thing'. :D

Gordon, I think you have a nice car with the Polo, they are well made and look smart. Ive not driven the new shape GTi polo but I drove a couple of the previous model and they went like stink. I have driven new shape Polos though and they seem very well made.

However, im happy sticking to Mini for the moment.

surely not!!! a mini driver giving my car some praise!!! hehehheeh. Thanks for the coments. I love the polo, great wee car, ideal for me. "Skodas and Seats are poor mans vee dubs!!" :D :D

Big Gordy
27th February 2008, 01:49 PM
"Skodas and Seats are poor mans vee dubs!!" :D :D

Ahhh but isn't a VW a poor mans Audi;) :p :D

ianking
27th February 2008, 01:58 PM
Ah Touche that man. :D