PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Premium Blue Rim & Wheel Cleaner

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2008, 08:29 PM
Anyone used this? Is it any good.

I used Menzerna 7.5 gel to clean my alloys and after a few weeks the brake dust/tar/grime and other build up on the alloys is awful. Not impressed. Looking for another cleaner now. Also thinking of getting the Poorboys Wheel Sealant which others have talked highly of.

A.:D

Scottie
16th February 2008, 10:03 PM
I've used a few wheel cleaners. I ended up going back to

p21s

http://www.p21s.com/products/bis_wc1.html

I'm not sure why but I have it in the back of my mind that BMW wheel cleaner is made by p21s think I read it while looking round the various forums a couple of years back

Craig
16th February 2008, 10:39 PM
I don't think the cleaner is the problem here, think you need a proper wheel wax to help stop the build up. :rolleyes:

I have the poorboys wheel sealant, but not used it yet (mostly due to weather and time) but it will go on my new wheels before they go on in April ;)

as for wheel cleaners, if you are washing your car every week and not doing about 400 miles a week, you will very rairly need to use a cleaner.. :) Just my experience mind, :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2008, 10:52 PM
I don't think the cleaner is the problem here, think you need a proper wheel wax to help stop the build up. :rolleyes:

I have the poorboys wheel sealant, but not used it yet (mostly due to weather and time) but it will go on my new wheels before they go on in April ;)
as for wheel cleaners, if you are washing your car every week and not doing about 400 miles a week, you will very rairly need to use a cleaner.. :) Just my experience mind, :cool:

Well are you gonny get out and use it so you can let me know what it's like. I'll give you an hour to report back. Want to order something tonight when I get home.

A.;)

Craig
16th February 2008, 10:54 PM
would love to, but not got my new wheels yet... :rolleyes: :p :D

also when I get them, they will be getting 3 coats on each wheel so that they are MUCH easier to clean :)

patience...;)

ianking
17th February 2008, 11:15 AM
Andy

Craig is right its not the cleaner that is the problem. Menz wheel cleaner is very good. Its due to the lack of protection on the wheel.

I use Poorboy wheel sealant and it seems to work fine. Nice and easy to use as well.

AndyP & Lenore
17th February 2008, 05:15 PM
OK. Ordered the Poorboys wheel sealant. Planning to get stuck in to the wheels on Thursday or Friday. Give them all a good couple of layers of sealant.

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
19th February 2008, 08:19 PM
Poorboys wheel sealant arrived today. Hoping to treat all four sets of wheels on Thursday or Friday.

A.;)