PDA

View Full Version : this is the Scooter

Scottie
15th February 2008, 09:22 PM
going on from my Xtrail thread this is the Scooter Allan has threatened to get me if he sells the X3. I told him I wouldn't mind scooting about in this.

Anyone any idea how fast this would go 30mph?? Could Allan use this with only a car license.???

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/DispatcherServlet?hidAction=Lookup&hidActionDetail=viewproductspec&hidMSGID=6&hidMSGCode=SCOOTERS&hidMSGName=Scooters&hidProductID=86&hidSelectedProductCode=Zoomer&hidProductName=Zoomer#focusHere

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 09:43 PM
Clever way to beat city traffic ;):D

Craig
15th February 2008, 09:54 PM
50cc, are you sure that is enough to get you about :eek:

can't remember about the licence details, but if I remember rightly, you can use a bike up to 125 on your car licence, as long as you use L plates. :) :)

scratch that, wrong again tonight :rolleyes:

Moped Rules (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/DG_10016249)

N12 JLK
15th February 2008, 09:58 PM
could be usefull for going up and down the hall in the house.

Scottie
15th February 2008, 09:58 PM
50cc, are you sure that is enough to get you about :eek:

can't remember about the licence details, but if I remember rightly, you can use a bike up to 125 on your car licence, as long as you use L plates. :) :)

scratch that, wrong again tonight :rolleyes:

Moped Rules (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/DG_10016249)

OK so are you saying I'm to heavy for that machine.???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;)

Craig
15th February 2008, 10:02 PM
who me ? no just saying that you maybe want a 100 or 125 to give you a bit of power for the traffic jams.. ;)

ianking
15th February 2008, 10:26 PM
I bet it would be the first time the scooter garage had ever had an X3 as a part Ex against a wee scooter:D

Scottie
15th February 2008, 11:09 PM
I bet it would be the first time the scooter garage had ever had an X3 as a part Ex against a wee scooter:D

lol .:D :D :cool:

monkimagic
15th February 2008, 11:17 PM
I like these, in the flesh they are very cool. see one before you slate one :D

You would squeeze 40mph out of one with the wind behind you.

Scottie
15th February 2008, 11:46 PM
apart from the Honda garage is there any motorbike shops around my area that sells these scooters??

Craig
15th February 2008, 11:50 PM
try Jim Allan's in Falkirk, they do most makes.. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2008, 02:08 AM
Fi, Lenore's Mum (Isabel) had one of these when she was younger. I remember her telling me it was a nice wee bike for running around going to and from work in etc, but they are dangerously underpowered.

Isabel ended up in a nasty accident one time, because a HGV tried to overtake her and she didn't have the power to get out of his way. She ended up being pushed into the kerb, almost got crushed under his wheels, but fell the opposite way - luckily - but still ended up with several broken bones and an elbow that to this day won't go straight.

So as much as they look like fun and being low on power may be a selling factor, sometimes you "need" a bit more power to get you out of trouble, not into it.

Just thought I'd share.

A.:confused:

Gismo
16th February 2008, 10:33 AM
Don't you need to make sure you have a provisional bit on your full car license??
In the old days you were ok, but, now, it has to mention it

The Dogfather
16th February 2008, 10:56 AM
They should ban these bloody things, death traps. Not enough power to keep up with traffic outside towns. They think by restricting the power they're make them safer, instead they're making them more dangerous.

Big Gordy
16th February 2008, 05:31 PM
They should ban these bloody things, death traps. Not enough power to keep up with traffic outside towns. They think by restricting the power they're make them safer, instead they're making them more dangerous.

I'm with Vidal on this one Fi:( Don't do it....they don't have enough ooomph to keep you safe IMO
Have a look at some of the Chinese made 4 strokes coming into the country just now......cheap and good quality:eek::D

zimbo
16th February 2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah I saw a scooter the other day 9 (early hours) on way to work and still dark and this guys tail light was'nt working... the only way you knew there was anything there was by the fact that 1) his brake light did work and 2) the reflective stripes on his high viz vest worked with the vehicles behind him...

What an IDIOT, obviously didnt bother checking all his lights before leaving for work etc. Which is a BIG must for all motorcyclists etc. That is something I always did and always will do, safety first everytime.

Fi that scooter looks a little like the old "monkey bike" that I remember from years ago... lol:D

monkimagic
17th February 2008, 12:34 AM
Lots of good point on the lack of power. Maybe ok for city commutes but anything else is best avaoided

BJN
18th February 2008, 09:30 PM
Fine for around town, and if you passed your car test before 2001, no need of L-plates, however be well worth doing a CBT even though you don't need it.

Don't make the moped riders mistake of skimping on the safety gear always use protection you just never know :p

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2008, 09:41 PM
Fine for around town, and if you passed your car test before 2001, no need of L-plates, however be well worth doing a CBT even though you don't need it.

Don't make the moped riders mistake of skimping on the safety gear always use protection you just never know :p

Does a CBT not only cover you for 1 or 2 years though. Within that period you must take your final test, or the CBT lapses? Not into bikes really, just something I remember from my ADI training days. Which could have completely changed by now.:confused:

A.:D

Scottie
18th February 2008, 10:30 PM
well funny enough I started out my motoring life on a Motor Bike for 6 years.

I didn't use a car full time until the age of 24:eek: :eek:

Was much cheaper taking my Motor Bike to work.:cool:

I had a Honda 90 for a few months until I passed my test and much to my mums horror I bought a used Honda CB250. My Dad and 5 brothers all ghad motor bikes so it was only right I had one.

BJN
18th February 2008, 10:43 PM
Does a CBT not only cover you for 1 or 2 years though. Within that period you must take your final test, or the CBT lapses? Not into bikes really, just something I remember from my ADI training days. Which could have completely changed by now.:confused:

A.:D

CBT lasts for 2 years, however if you have a pre '01 car licence there is no need for a CBT to ride a moped, you don't even need to display L plates either