PDA

View Full Version : well tis that time again to change my car

Scottie
15th February 2008, 07:10 PM
was ruuning about in the 325coupe must be coming up to 6 months. I loved that car but as usual was a bit fed up with it so having done that.

I've spent the last 3 weeks deciding on what I would like to get next. :cool:

Wanting a 4x4 again to match Allans motor.

So test drove the:

Tiguan
CRV
Hyundai
Kia
Outback
Xtrail.

So what made it to the short list was the CRV and the Xtrail. Went back out in both today (with Allan this time) an hour in each back to back and have decided on the Xtrail

Getting the Xtrail Aventura Explorer (173). Honestly there are pros and cons to every car in the list above and it's really down to personal choice I guess. For me the rear leg room and load space funky sat nav reverse camera are great.

Anyway here a couple of pics of the car I will be getting mines will be exact same as the one in the picture but mines is the 173bhp engine. I got the 3 year service plan for free (£349) and £200 towards the towbar which costs £400 and finally got £500 more in part exchange on my Coupe meaning for the past six months I only lost £500 on the coupe :eek: So I'm happy enough. Collect the new car 1st March fingers crossed

p.s. anyone wanting a nice head unit and sound system I have one but needs to be taken out the car super quick will sell cheap

The pictures of what I will be getting
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/xTrail.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/xTrail1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/xTrail2.jpg

Scottie
15th February 2008, 07:16 PM
Oh and took the pics on my iPhone not bad quality I reckon.:cool:

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 07:26 PM
That is very very nice. :D It isn't something I have a need for but looks much better than some of the 4x4s I've seen on the road. Doesn't look so much of a tank. The one I hate most, is the Cayenne. I think its one of the parents from Catriona's school and they always barge past so rudely :mad:. Kind of colours my judgement.

I like the colour of the orange vehicle next to it. Now that would be a cool colour for a mini. :D

Craig
15th February 2008, 07:26 PM
like the Xtrail Fi, and with it being a Nissan, it will have great reliability (not that you will have it long enough to notice. :rolleyes: ;) :D )

best of luck, mind and pop round to show me it.. ;)

zimbo
15th February 2008, 08:27 PM
Mmmm not bad... :D we'll wait and see which 4x4/car you get next in about
4-6 months time :D;)

That orange colour on the Qashqai in your picture is a nice colour. :p

Craig
15th February 2008, 08:29 PM
That orange colour on the Qashqai in your picture is a nice colour. :p

I think you will find that is a Murano... ;) :p

KenL
15th February 2008, 08:29 PM
I am not a fan of 4x4s, but I think the Tiguan looks better than any other I have seen. http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/tiguan/

A Panda 4x4 looks a good buy to me, if you really need 4x4 :cool:
http://www.italiancar.net/site/FACTfiles/fiat/Panda/picts_big/fiatPanda_2.jpg

KenL
15th February 2008, 08:31 PM

Murano, is even uglier than a Cayenne - a typical ugly American car :eek:

Scottie
15th February 2008, 08:37 PM
I am not a fan of 4x4s, but I think the Tiguan looks better than any other I have seen. http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/tiguan/

A Panda 4x4 looks a good buy to me, if you really need 4x4 :cool:
http://www.italiancar.net/site/FACTfiles/fiat/Panda/picts_big/fiatPanda_2.jpg

the Tig is indeed a nice motor but the outside only.

Very poor interior and the heater controls as so 1990's. The rear load space is very small indeed and to get one with a spec near my xtrail you are talking 28k+.:(

zimbo
15th February 2008, 08:43 PM

I think you'll find its NOT!! :D:p Believe me it's not...

Scottie
15th February 2008, 08:51 PM
Mmmm not bad... we'll wait and see which 4x4/car you get next in about
4-6 months time

Normally I would agree with you.;) ;)

However I stop working at beginning of June I have been asked to stay on but my plan is to take June July August off and start looking again September but I have no idea when I will next work but fingers crossed I will get something.

This time round it is more a case of hoping I will be able to afford to keep this car rather than when I will change it next there is no way I will use my savings to run the car and I get no help from Allan for my cars.:mad: tight git that he is.:rolleyes: If it proves to be a winner Allan reckons he might get rid of the X3 and he will buy me a Scooter to run round in.:eek: :eek: Actually I wouldn't mind that.:cool:

Scottie
15th February 2008, 08:52 PM
I think you'll find its NOT!! :D:p Believe me it's not...

it was a Qashqai:rolleyes:

Craig
15th February 2008, 09:50 PM
somebody keep a copy of that - I was wrong. :eek: :rolleyes: :p

N12 JLK
15th February 2008, 09:50 PM
the orange ones a Qashqai, my sister-in-law has the same one, I fancy the new Freelander for my next car.

Mini Ecosse
15th February 2008, 10:04 PM
Good choice, ours is 3years old next month. Not sure whether to change yet. Have had a test drive in the new model and it is super. The gadjets are great, especially the rear view camera. :)

Stephen

Scottie
15th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Good choice, ours is 3years old next month. Not sure whether to change yet. Have had a test drive in the new model and it is super. The gadjets are great, especially the rear view camera. :)

Stephen

yip and the new ones can take 100kg on the nose and the manual can haul 2ton

Mini Ecosse
15th February 2008, 10:10 PM
yip and the new ones can take 100kg on the nose and the manual can haul 2ton

I have a twin axle trailer and easily tows 1 to 1.5 tons and you hardly notice it's there.

Stephen

Scottie
15th February 2008, 10:12 PM
I have a twin axle trailer and easily tows 1 to 1.5 tons and you hardly notice it's there.

Stephen

good to hear once ran in I'm taking my mum and I for a wee holiday towing the caravan.:cool:

ianking
15th February 2008, 10:21 PM
Nice new motor.

My mum tried the Xtrail but went for a new shape Honda instead. She specced it right up though with the 20" wheels and aero kit, leather, Sat nav, reverse camera, Btooth, voice control etc. Came in at £31k but its prob worth £20k now and that was only 4 months ago. It has a pretty nippy 2.2TD mind you.

She did try the new Freelander as well but the old fella just wont have one due to all the problems with the old shape and the poor safety rating they had.

They narrowed it down to the Xtrail and CRV as well.

Would the sound system from the E46 fit my classic mini?

euan
15th February 2008, 10:37 PM
Nice Fi, I really like those and they get a great write up.

What sound system did you have in the coupe??

Scottie
15th February 2008, 11:07 PM
Nice new motor.

My mum tried the Xtrail but went for a new shape Honda instead. She specced it right up though with the 20" wheels and aero kit, leather, Sat nav, reverse camera, Btooth, voice control etc. Came in at £31k but its prob worth £20k now and that was only 4 months ago. It has a pretty nippy 2.2TD mind you.

She did try the new Freelander as well but the old fella just wont have one due to all the problems with the old shape and the poor safety rating they had.

They narrowed it down to the Xtrail and CRV as well.

Would the sound system from the E46 fit my classic mini?

I reckon it would Ian you heard and saw the smart sub thing in the boot but needs to be out the car this weekend. As I say would sell it cheap. Let me know

Scottie
15th February 2008, 11:08 PM
Nice Fi, I really like those and they get a great write up.

What sound system did you have in the coupe??

an aftermarket system installed by mike from newministuff. Is yours a E46 or E90.??

ianking
15th February 2008, 11:19 PM
How many pennies you talking Fi?

illegalhunter
15th February 2008, 11:31 PM
unbeliveable, get the tiguan. Recession , " what recession" lol

Scottie
15th February 2008, 11:34 PM
How many pennies you talking Fi?

less than half price for you Ian £250 now that's a bargain.;) ;)

sedgie
16th February 2008, 01:27 AM
Do u really need another 4*4..? :D :D :p

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2008, 01:55 AM
Fi that Xtrail is a cracker. The new CRV is nice inside, but looks like a teenager with a sulking bottom lip at the front on the outside.:D

Always liked the X Trail, but it's never had decent tow capacities for me as the auto box usually limits towing to 1500kg, and the diesel in the past has always been a manual.:rolleyes:

We saw an ad for the Tigua on the Tv the other day and it looked nice. Just had a look at their web site and mysteriously, they are showing no pictures of the inside.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your new motor when it arrives.;)

A.:D

The Dogfather
16th February 2008, 08:57 AM
That's probably because its a Golf inside, eeuuch!

Fi, with so many other cars you haven't tried I'm surprised you went for another 4x4. You could have had a wee roadster for the summer, or a new jag, or big luxo barge.

euan
16th February 2008, 11:09 AM
an aftermarket system installed by mike from newministuff. Is yours a E46 or E90.??

E46, 2005 car. I'd not want to change the head unit though, but what else was fitted and would it run on the standard unit?