PDA

View Full Version : Superchips Bluefin Jcw 210 Remap - Elfman

ELFMAN
15th February 2008, 06:12 PM
The remap is reckoned to give 8bhp and 14Nm of Torque. The torque bumps up the original between about 2,000 and 5,000rpm, where the standard dips a bit according to Superchips graphs (I know, pinch of salt, but they are a pretty reputable company, and LOHEN don't sell bad gear).

Just plugged one in last Saturday and thought I'd give you a wee report.

Obviously if you're looking for a dramatic change, you'll be disappointed, but what I have noticed is that the car feels just a bit more 'eager' on the road, the engine note has changed very slightly and if anything sounds even more 'serious' than it did. The power delivery is a bit more 'solid' and I reckon you notice the slight boost in torque, making the whole car seem generally more 'up for it'. All very subjective I know, but since I installed it, the car actually FEELS as if it's putting out the power it's supposed to - not that it felt sluggish before, mind!

Is it worth £299.00? Well if you're looking for a quick, (very) easy (and reversible) mod, I think it is. If you have a JCW 210 and you want to get a bit more out of it without doing anything silly, then it's worth a punt. If your 210 is still standard, think about a Manifold and Intercooler upgrade first - I know I did! But as the 'icing on the cake' (or some Naan Bread with your fave curry) it's not a bad mod.

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2008, 07:02 PM
Good report Euan.

We may well be "upping" our R53 at some point, but don't think it will be the JCW one. But we may wait until it is out of warranty first. It's a long term toy for us, so we're in no rush.

Not sure if Neil is keeping his R53, if so he may be interested in this. Will make sure he sees it.;)

A.:D

ELFMAN
18th February 2008, 01:55 PM
Andy, the upgrade is obviously available for ALL (old-stylee) MINI models, but I don't know if there are differences between the effects when you're on a 'standard' S, or the JCW one. I reckon it seems to work quite well with the state of tune I'm running, but perhaps might have less (or more) effect on a standard car.

It's covered by Superchips own Warranty if anything goes wrong - caused by the Remap, but it's not doing anything drastic with the engine, so it should be pretty safe. Of course, there's the old 'was it or wasn't it caused by this?' argument. It's also fully reversable in minutes. And there's a 7-day 'no-quibble' return if you're not convinced.

Also - check out Lohen for suspension upgrades if you're still not convinced with the R56 setup. Nick's a helpful chap!