PDA

View Full Version : Random

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 03:27 PM
Am off work with one of these winter viruses though beginning to feel a bit better. Bored rigid (I do have loads to do if I could be bothered ) so have been trawling through old threads, esp Wul's. Quite depressing really coz its made me realise that my car is actually just a slightly cleaner version of BS' - yep that bad!

One of the thread's also reminded me of something that run through my head earlier this week - where have all the BEP minis gone? Hardly ever see any in Aberdeen, yet its a fab colour on the mini. Dont know if its just me but noting that the majority of minis up here seem to be the silver colours.
The bright cheeky colours was one of the things I liked about the car in the first place but this seems to be a thing of the past, or is this just my imagination?

Saw a dark red mini yesterday. Was a nice enough colour but thought it looked a bit boring compared to the chilli and perhaps more suited to the clubman with its family car appeal. Just my thoughts - neither deep nor meaningful.

Burple
15th February 2008, 03:52 PM
<cof> ;):rolleyes:

Still *MY* fave colour!!
I really don't ever want ot swap my car now, but if someone dangles a facelift BEP S under my nose with body coloured roof, and heated seats, I could be very, VERY tempted... ;)

I'm with you on the colours thing too. That's one of the main reasons I can't see myself buyng an R56, I don't really like any of the colours enough.
The Mini is supposed to be a fun wee car is it not? Good grief there's even FORD FIESTAs out there now in lime green with chequered roofs!! :eek::eek::(
Come on Mini, get the fun colours back into the range!! DO IT NOW!

:D

euan
15th February 2008, 05:32 PM
If you do see one in Aberdeen, it's probably my brothers other half - Cooper with spots fitted. He had to get it in London though as he really struggled to find a BEP one.

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 06:51 PM
Guthrie's garage in Montrose has one (think its a feesite) in lime green with the bold chequered roof on its forecourt. That will appeal to the young and young at heart. They're not particularly cheap either so buyer would have to have some means. D'you think BMW are now targeting a different market?
I'd like to see some funky colours in the mini range. At moment, apart from the blue which I think is really nice, I dont see any other colour that really appeals. None anyway that would make me rush out to buy one. Though just as well coz I cant afford to:(;):D

<cof> ;):rolleyes:

FORD FIESTAs out there now in lime green with chequered roofs!! :eek::eek::(
Come on Mini, get the fun colours back into the range!! DO IT NOW!

:D

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 06:53 PM
Will keep an eye out for it :) One of what appears to becoming a rare breed:D well worth looking a complete idiot by flashing to it:D Nobody flashes anymore:(

If you do see one in Aberdeen, it's probably my brothers other half - Cooper with spots fitted. He had to get it in London though as he really struggled to find a BEP one.

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2008, 07:07 PM
Is it just me or does BRG look extremely dull. Ewan, says most of the R56 colours are dull and I would agree to a certain extent. But one of the dullest colours MINI ever came out with was BRG. And just to really rub salt in the BRG fan club's face, I even thought it looked dull on the classic Mini.:o :o

All said IMHO, with no intent to hurt anyone's feelings, and like many things in life, is all down to personal preferences.;)

A.:D

Craig
15th February 2008, 07:23 PM
dinnae remind me... BEP IS THE BEST COLOUR, AND I SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOT RID OF KNOTTIE.!!! :( :( :o :o

I do know where he is tho, so if he ever goes back up for sale, you never know... ;)

Scottie
15th February 2008, 09:08 PM
my first MINI was BRG thought it looked ok mind you it was at the dealers more than it was with us.:mad:

I like Mellow Yellow think it looks good in the Clubman with the gloss black bits on the back.

I also like the pepper white Cabrio SideWalk that sits outside Menzies. Might have been tempted in my recent visit around the dealers but as I am not allowed at that dealer their loss.

N12 JLK
15th February 2008, 09:44 PM
all wrong! chilli red is the best, even though I have a laser blue S, will go back to that me thinks IF I get another MINI.

euan
15th February 2008, 10:40 PM
I love PW, and hyper blue. But Electric blue when it first came out on the S was the colour I always loved - that car got so much attention it was unreal - miss it loads.

Chilli red, sorry I've never liked it!

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 11:21 PM
Electric blue when it first came out on the S was the colour I always loved

Electric blue? After much thought and absolute impartiality :o Yes, I think I have to agree it's the best colour yet:cool: It defo turns heads. I know one that was photographed in the forecourt of Marischall College in Abz for a brochure advertising holidays in Scotland:cool::cool::cool:

.........but to be really fair, while we can all agree or agree to disagree on what is or is not the best colour I think we might all just agree that its the bits we all do to personalise our cars that separates the sheep from the goats. I mean I think silver cars are boring (there's two in the drive) but they can have the wow! factor with decals 'n stuff.

.......however this doesn't change my view that EB is the best;):D:D:D

euan
16th February 2008, 11:17 AM
Electric blue? After much thought and absolute impartiality :o Yes, I think I have to agree it's the best colour yet:cool: It defo turns heads. I know one that was photographed in the forecourt of Marischall College in Abz for a brochure advertising holidays in Scotland:cool::cool::cool:

.........but to be really fair, while we can all agree or agree to disagree on what is or is not the best colour I think we might all just agree that its the bits we all do to personalise our cars that separates the sheep from the goats. I mean I think silver cars are boring (there's two in the drive) but they can have the wow! factor with decals 'n stuff.

.......however this doesn't change my view that EB is the best;):D:D:D

Indeed :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/1596654307_7bd645787c.jpg?v=0
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/1596654307_7bd645787c.jpg?v=0)

Bumble
16th February 2008, 04:07 PM
I need to stick up for LY - there seems to be a sudden flux of them round by me ... pity as I like to be different!

KenL
16th February 2008, 04:41 PM
I like a lot of the colours the R56 is available in.

Never been a fan of BRG either - I think they keep it as it is "traditional".

MINI know which colours will sell. Colours like BEP, Orange, Velvet Red etc. just don't sell - that is why they are not making MINIs in those colours. They are almost special edition colours with limited appeal. I think Oxygen Blue and Sparkling Silver will soon be gone too.

Sheilz
16th February 2008, 09:25 PM
I dont think I've seen an oxygen blue mini. I still think there's room for funkier colours in the range. Even if they are only made available for a short period of time at least it would widen the choice. I felt it was quite limited even when Hamish was first ordered.
I wasnt too keen on the PW when I first saw it but its really grown on me. Think it has to be one of the nicest white shades available for any car. And the yellow is a nice fun colour. I've seen quite a few yellow ones in Abz though they're defo outnumbered by silver and black ones.

ny152
18th February 2008, 11:19 PM
Yep, not enough 'Vibrancy' in the r56 range. Although after seeing a few Clubmans out and and about the two tone look is pretty cool.

Got PW now, which is very nice and a bit retro (like the oxygen blue for same reason). But still miss Solid Gold. If they brought that back I think I'd have to trade in