PDA

View Full Version : Tax Disc Holder

robert mccairley
15th February 2008, 12:36 PM
In addition to the problems with my car mats ( posted a couple of days ago), I am having problems with a aluminium MINI tax disc holder which I bought from a MINI magazine. It came with little balls of glue- these fell off on the first try. So,too, did blue -tack, spongy two sided adhesive circles (they looked like marshmallows anyway) and now the disc is held in place with thick cling film which looks awful. Anyone else had these problems and found a solution?

Thanks, Robert (sitting in my MINI with holes in the mats and a tax disc which is about to fall off).

Gismo
15th February 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi, i bought an extra packet off eBay, i've never had a problem with the circular sticky pads.
You have to clean the area you intend to stick the holder onto with windolene or similar.
Due to the nature of the mini screen it curls in the lower left corner such that you have to use two of the circular pads at one point to even out the sticking area, hope that helps :)

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 01:06 PM
I'd similar problems with mine. I tried extra sticky pads which looked a bit messy when looking at the car. Changing discs was also a pain in the butt. I threw my one out and got a cheapo from Asda which is really just cardboard with a magnetic back bit to hold the disc in place. Its fairly discreet and if it gets ruined its no big deal replacing it.

On the same subject but a wee bit different. Are there any regulations about where the tax disc is displayed on the screen. When I got my car back from being repaired it wasn't until I'd stuck on my work parking permit where the disc would normally be that I realised it was missing. Since the parking permit was firmly stuck down I shoved my disc up into the top corner of the screen. Suits me fine there.

MartinSullivan
15th February 2008, 03:03 PM
Are there any regulations about where the tax disc is displayed on the screen.

From the direct gov site

"Display a tax disc on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle."

Sheilz
15th February 2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks. Somebody was right in another thread. Some of us are just too damned lazy to go find out ourselves :o;):D

Craig
15th February 2008, 07:19 PM
yeah, a slight warning to those who put their tax disc in the middle top of the windscreen, some over zelous cops will give you a ticket for not properly displaying a tax disc (as per Martin's post) :eek: ;)

it is an offence...:(