PDA

View Full Version : Possible bearing failure?

Bazthemod
15th February 2008, 11:18 AM
When im slowing down coming up to junctions or pulling into my drive my cars making a grinding noise from driverside front wheel. I jacked the car up this morning and rotated the wheel but there is no grinding noise when the wheel is centre forward only when the wheel is at an angle. There is also no play on the wheel it seems fairly solid. :confused:

Could this be a bearing? Goes in for full service soon but dont want to risk running about and causing more damage meantime :(

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2008, 11:39 AM
Can't for the life of me remember if MINI's have guards on the brake discs, if they do make sure a stone chip hasn't got itself jammed between the disc guard and the disc. Had that with my first CRV. Although I would have thought you'd hear the grinding noise all the time, not just when the wheel is turned. Worth checking though. Cheap fix if it is.

A.;)

Gismo
15th February 2008, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a faulty bearing :( it's amazing what a bit of load on the bearing, ie when it's on the deck supporting the car's weight

ianking
15th February 2008, 01:22 PM
1st Gen Minis do have a disc guard on the rear.

Gismo
15th February 2008, 01:25 PM
1st Gen Minis do have a disc guard on the rear.

When im slowing down coming up to junctions or pulling into my drive my cars making a grinding noise from driverside front wheel
Maybe he's going in reverse :rolleyes:

ianking
15th February 2008, 02:00 PM
Ah yes, never read it proper.

RyanK
15th February 2008, 05:23 PM
This is the same problem I had Baz back in Jne as you can probably remember me telling you.

I never got it seen to, but the noises were the same. The noise finally went away once I got the new brakes