PDA

View Full Version : Sidelights

Sheilz
13th February 2008, 11:54 PM
One of mine has popped. Are these just bog standard bulbs to buy but most important are they easy to change? This is the first one to be replaced though always prefer to do these things in pairs or the car just ends up looking droll with one bulb brighter than the other.

How do you access these - need to instruct the other 'alf:cool::D Dont want him cursing and being an embarrassment in front of the neighbours :D:D:D

mikeythemini
14th February 2008, 09:43 AM
They are just a 501 push in bulb (although various upgrades are available)
If its a 1st gen mini then open the bonnet , get your hand down behind the lamp & twist the holder to release
2nd gen - look under the wheel arch - there is an access panel

Sheilz
14th February 2008, 12:13 PM
04 plate so I guess that's second generation?

Thanks for the info will let the other 'alf' know.

ianking
14th February 2008, 12:39 PM
Sheilz.

Your car is 1st Gen. These are dead easy to fit. Like Mike says, open bonnet and turn the white holder then pull it out. Bulb is bayonet fitting in the holder.

Sheilz
14th February 2008, 12:42 PM
Ooops:o Thanks Ian. He would defo be cursing if I had him groping about under the rims getting his hands all muckit :D

Gismo
14th February 2008, 01:58 PM
You could also treat yourself to some silver type bulbs and make Specy even more adorable ;)

Sheilz
14th February 2008, 04:14 PM
Might as well eh? Wee man's new exhaust has arrived, got new spots - well two anyway though might have to get the other two done as well in the event of the differences being too obvious - new frontscreen (as well as the rear of course) and just ordered ebc discs and brake pads. Anything I've missed out - well yes, but not got the last two things on my shopping list ordered yet.
Where is that man of mine hiding............;):D:D:D

Oops! forgot on my flat wiperblades!

Sheilz
16th February 2008, 08:17 PM
Got led sidelights fitted today. Didnt realise they have a blue-white glow and make the headlights look quite dull even though they're not. Now need to change them too coz I think it just looks plain daft:( Had a bit of a panic though coz when I came home this evening the darned things were still on even though the car was locked up. Seems these bulbs have a delay in dimming and going out :D