PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here bidding ...

Bumble
10th February 2008, 10:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-OLD-Cadbury-Wispa-NOT-a-Re-Release-Retro-RARE_W0QQitemZ160205407270QQihZ006QQcategoryZ38174 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 12:53 AM
Listing removed.:(

What was it Lynn?

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 01:10 AM
Ewww. I see what it was supposed to be from the URL.:(

A genuine rare not a re-release Cadburys wispa.

Yuk.http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Probably removed by eBay 'cos it would be past its sell by date.:rolleyes: :D

Mini Ecosse
11th February 2008, 10:41 AM
Article about this Wispa in one of the newspapers in the last few days.
A woman found this down the back of her sofa:eek: , or was it behind a cinema seat:eek: ;) ;) . I think the bidding had reached twenty pounds:eek:
Stephen

Gismo
11th February 2008, 11:39 AM
How can you actually be searching for a wispa on ebay :eek:

Bumble
11th February 2008, 07:41 PM
picked it up from the news story .. i'm not sad enough to want out of date choc .. even if it is a Wispa - was £330 when I looked yesterday ...

The Dogfather
11th February 2008, 07:58 PM
It should be legal to sell as it's a 'best before' date not a 'use by'. Andy, there's no such thing as 'sell by' :rolleyes: Remind me not to buy any sweets from you.........

The Dogfather
11th February 2008, 08:03 PM
It seems new wispa are going for a premium as well. Blimey!

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 08:09 PM
It should be legal to sell as it's a best before date not a use by

Not convinced that's true mate.:confused:

Use by usually refers to fresh food like fish or poultry which would normally be kept refrigerated until use by the day stipulated, which is usually within a week or so.

Best before is used for longer term products like drinks, sweets and canned products which have a longer period.

I doubt any retailer would get away with selling any product which has passed it's recommended date, regardless of the wording.

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 08:11 PM
It should be legal to sell as it's a 'best before' date not a 'use by'. Andy, there's no such thing as 'sell by' :rolleyes: Remind me not to buy any sweets from you.........

lol.

I used the "sell by" date as a generalisation.

But see my post above also.:rolleyes:

A.

The Dogfather
11th February 2008, 10:37 PM
Andy, my dad used to be a Trading Standards Enforcement Officer. A customer can object to a past BB date saying the goods are not fit but technically its not an offence (eggs are an exception).

However selling after a use by is an offence with a hefty fine.

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 10:41 PM
Andy, my dad used to be a Trading Standards Enforcement Officer. A customer can object to a past BB date saying the goods are not fit but technically its not an offence (eggs are an exception).

However selling after a use by is an offence with a hefty fine.

Jeesh. there's always someone who knows someone, who knows someone who knows everything.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Interesting to hear though Paul. Will bear it in mind. Although for the avoidance of doubt, I would never, ever sell anything "past it's date".

The Dogfather
11th February 2008, 10:55 PM
Yes, but you can eat the BB ones yourself safe in the knowledge that you 'only' be damaging your waistline.

BTW, I did double check on the FSA website as my dad retired 4 years ago.

euan
11th February 2008, 10:56 PM
Jeesh. there's always someone who knows someone, who knows someone who knows everything.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Interesting to hear though Paul. Will bear it in mind. Although for the avoidance of doubt, I would never, ever sell anything "past it's date".

Tickets for the new Rambo film surely come under that criteria...

:D:D

The Dogfather
11th February 2008, 11:17 PM
Bravo, excellent :D :D:D:D:D:D:D

Give that man a wispa, make sure it's in date though ;)

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2008, 12:39 AM
Tickets for the new Rambo film surely come under that criteria...

:D:D

pmsl. Too true. Rocky XXII from last year as well.:rolleyes: :D