PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S Exhaust ........

Sheilz
10th February 2008, 09:46 PM
..........how well would it fit a cooper 04 ? Not sure which model the exhaust has came from.

Can anyone give me a list of the pros and cons of having it fitted?
My main concern is that specy has very high mileage and while I suspect the S exhaust will have a positive impact on performance not sure about how it would affect the life of his wee engine. Sorry if this makes me sound like an over anxious mother!

Have already decided to get a K&N airfilter thingy bobby.

I also have the opportunity to get a regular cooper exhaust too so would really welcome info or recommendations.

Thanks
Sheilz

Sheilz
10th February 2008, 10:57 PM
After several replenishments of the other half's wine glass he has deemed in his infinitely superior wisdom that I should just get a new exhaust delivered to the door and be done with. So after some shameful whinging on my part about it being afa dear he has bought me a Playmini TT full exhaust system.
I just couldn't argue with him. Could I :p:rolleyes:;):D:D:D

Now someone's going to come along and tell me its playminis least preferable exhaust:eek:

The Dogfather
10th February 2008, 11:05 PM
OK, its playmini's least preferable exhaust, happy to help ;)

Sheilz
10th February 2008, 11:23 PM
OK, its playmini's least preferable exhaust, happy to help ;)

Thanks VB for putting me back into my comfort zone ;):D:D:D

rpn
10th February 2008, 11:49 PM
Well done, Mr S.

My Cooper exhaust back box was also badly corroded and six month ago Playmini TT was fitted by Victoria Garage in Belhevie. Cost me about £35 The garage owner is an ex-neighbour.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/CopyofDSC02765.jpg

Sheilz
11th February 2008, 12:04 AM
Well done, Mr S.

My Cooper exhaust back box was also badly corroded and six month ago Playmini TT was fitted by Victoria Garage in Belhevie. Cost me about £35 The garage owner is an ex-neighbour.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/CopyofDSC02765.jpg

That looks pretty cool. I take it your happy with it. Does it have a throaty growl?

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2008, 12:57 AM
Oooohhhh. That looks very nice.:D

A.:D

Gismo
11th February 2008, 04:48 AM
Excellent choice Sheilz and damn you for using your female side for sponging off your hubby :eek: ;) :D
Us poor blokes often don't stand a chance when you females really want something, sad to say when the tables are reversed we simply do not have any ammo to plead with ;)

rpn
11th February 2008, 11:10 AM
Sheilz,

I love it.
Not too loud thougt, I'm one of the more mature (or old git! :p ) driver so there's an extra box (silencer) in the mid-section!

Which one are you getting? With or without the mid-section silencer?

illegalhunter
11th February 2008, 12:16 PM
I had a S exhaust on my 06 Cooper, you need to remove the spare wheel box . Also you have to buy both rear hangers from Mini , about £50 . You will need a centre cut back bumper as well.

Sheilz
12th February 2008, 11:38 PM
Without - I think. Want to make Nik's pals jealous. I'm an old git too so need a loud exhaust so as I can hear it;):D:D:D

Sheilz,

I love it.
Not too loud thougt, I'm one of the more mature (or old git! :p ) driver so there's an extra box (silencer) in the mid-section!

Which one are you getting? With or without the mid-section silencer?

Sheilz
12th February 2008, 11:46 PM
I'm evil, totally evil :D LOL driving home tonight was thinking the old brakes aint as sharp as they should be.........I wonder.............
;):D:D:D

Excellent choice Sheilz and damn you for using your female side for sponging off your hubby :eek: ;) :D
Us poor blokes often don't stand a chance when you females really want something, sad to say when the tables are reversed we simply do not have any ammo to plead with ;)

Sheilz
12th February 2008, 11:57 PM
Just checked my inbox and exhaust was shipped on Monday. Which means it should be delivered soon, very soon:D:D:D

Sheilz
13th February 2008, 12:18 AM
Blimey, just checked my mail and someone tried to deliver my exhaust today! Now that's what I call service .....vroom vroom:D