PDA

View Full Version : XS Motorsport car show - sunday 7th March

Julz
3rd March 2004, 05:35 PM
This is on this sunday between 10am and 4pm at the Bathgate Leisure centre and is to feature the top 50 modified cars in Scotland, apparently!! One certain fat little mini is to make a guest appearance!! If anyone is in the area, feel free to drop by!!;)

yiponwah
4th March 2004, 04:05 AM
Hey Julz I live in bathgate... might pop in to say hi.. do i get free pass in..hehe

Wul
4th March 2004, 04:15 AM
Julz - while you're in Bathgate - nip along to A1 autostores (not far from the Leisure Centre)and get yourself some meguiars polish for BabyB - you know it makes sense;)

seany
4th March 2004, 04:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Julz - while you're in Bathgate - nip along to A1 autostores (not far from the Leisure Centre)and get yourself some meguiars polish for BabyB - you know it makes sense;)

meguiars polish, have sume here.

Julz
4th March 2004, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Bought some when I was in Autosave getting prices for tyres today!!;):D

minidriver#1
4th March 2004, 05:24 AM
aye they have a pretty good range of the stuff, i'll be going in there myself when i can afford too. lol. I might pop down to this, but i've got lots of cost going out at the moment what with the Heartbeat Run and another surprise.

Mini Martyn
4th March 2004, 06:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

aye they have a pretty good range of the stuff, i'll be going in there myself when i can afford too. lol. I might pop down to this, but i've got lots of cost going out at the moment what with the Heartbeat Run and another surprise.

Big Brakes KJ??

Wul
4th March 2004, 04:56 PM
Julz - Seany - KJ: If you are using their wax i definately recommmend you get some of their Quick Detailer spray - It works a treat for when you need to get the motor looking A1 but don't have time to wax - takes about 10mins to do the whole car with it. Also good for removing bird poop and the likes when you've just cleaned the car and it becomes a mobile target!:p
I got some with the clay bar included and the new MCS is gonna get the works once i get me grubby mits on it! finished off with a coat of the yet to be released NXT Tech Wax(I got a free sample pack!) which is getting raved about in the USA just now.

Boy am I really talking this much about car polishes - I really need to get a life!LOL! :p:D

Julz
4th March 2004, 05:09 PM
I thought I would give it a try as I know you rave about it!! When the better weather comes round, and if I like the stuff, I'm going to get the three stage stuff, so I can spend far too long polishing!! I'll maybe get the quick detailer next time I'm in, I did look at it, but wasn't too sure, but now I am!!;):D

Davidson2
5th March 2004, 05:53 AM
I think Mini Me and I will make it Julz, so look forward to seeing ya... should I bring some Jaffa Cakes for ya? :D

Julz
5th March 2004, 05:12 PM
Excellent D2, don't think I'll be there all day, meant to take a donder to Embra to got to TGI's for lunch!! Don't think there'll be much to do for the 8 hours my baby will be there:dead:

Quik_Mini
5th March 2004, 06:16 PM
I don't really rate that polish that highly, American polish for American weather, not as good over here. I would say Auto Glym is still the best in this country.

Julz, was it Julie that asked you to be in the show, (owner of xs) my brothers wife does her nails so I know her pretty well, dropped off 2 tickets for the show yesterday, so I will head along and say hi :)

Julz
5th March 2004, 06:46 PM
Naw, it was someone called Lynsey!!
As for Autoglym, I'm not a big fan, I still swear by Simoniz, but you never know if there is something better out there until you try, and I know plenty of folk rave about Meguires, so I'll gee it a go!!;)

Davidson2
5th March 2004, 07:21 PM
Julz, if you and Rob need a lift into sunny Edinburgh, let me know and we will sort yiz oot!

Julz
5th March 2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the offer, unfortunately, we won't know what's happening until saturday!! We were going to take the train!!:eek::)

Mini Martyn
7th March 2004, 08:01 AM
What time is every one going? Their is a groud of us going through from Glasgow leaving at 10am,should be their for 11am ish.

See you all their?

Davidson2
7th March 2004, 10:35 AM
Sweet Dude! Should meet you guys there :o)

Julz
8th March 2004, 03:53 AM
Don't know if you made it D2, we left at about 11am and weren't back til 3pm. Saw Martyn on the way to the train station (went to Embra for a TGI's!!) but he may well still be driving round Bathgate as the event wasn't very well posted!! Ah well, BabyB was gleaming, and I must say I was rather proud!!
Big thanks to the guys from F & M for acting as bodygaurds and keeping all the grubby mitts away!!;):D

Davidson2
8th March 2004, 05:01 AM
After waiting in a que to get in for an hour and five minutes, Mini-Me was well past it, but he wasnt leaving until he had seen 'Joos' Mini Car,,,:D so we were only in there for about 15mins and 10 of those was me & Mini-Me drooling over your car:D:D:D

The best part was when I saw Baby B on the front cover of F&M, then at first glance thought it was you in the corner posing:clown: After thinking about it though... why wasnt it you? :clown:Hehehe!:clown: You gotta be proud & congratulations, hope you cleaned up the awards today, Lord o the rings style!:approve:

Mini Martyn
8th March 2004, 06:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Don't know if you made it D2, we left at about 11am and weren't back til 3pm. Saw Martyn on the way to the train station (went to Embra for a TGI's!!) but he may well still be driving round Bathgate as the event wasn't very well posted!! Ah well, BabyB was gleaming, and I must say I was rather proud!!
Big thanks to the guys from F & M for acting as bodygaurds and keeping all the grubby mitts away!!;):D

Managed to find it, thanks for the directions. That Pioneer mini did make babyB look a bit thin!! Hope you had a nice lunch? BabyB looked very shiny!! :cool:

Julz
8th March 2004, 05:23 PM
Cheers, lunch was great, Jack Daniels American Grill,mmmm:p, I was rather chuffed at how shiny BabyB looked, and yes, she did feel thin after seeing the Pioneer mini!!:evil::D