PDA

View Full Version : I have a question....

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 09:52 AM
Ok I've kinda done a deal with a guy on fleabay to buy a leather steering wheel for ma mini:) I managed to get him to accept 60 quid including postage for it:cool: What I need to know is does that sound like a good deal:confused: He says it was taken off his 2004 'S' when it was 5 days old being replaced with a "new" one (why I don't know..!!) and put in a box and stored since then. It sound virtualy brand new too me:eek: What do you lot think:confused: deal - no deal..?? Its a 2 spoke one with just the horn buttons on it exactly the same as the plastic, yucky thing thats on ours at present:rolleyes:

FergusM
8th February 2008, 10:01 AM
Ok I've kinda done a deal with a guy on fleabay to buy a leather steering wheel for ma mini:) I managed to get him to accept 60 quid including postage for it:cool: What I need to know is does that sound like a good deal:confused: He says it was taken off his 2004 'S' when it was 5 days old being replaced with a "new" one (why I don't know..!!) and put in a box and stored since then. It sound virtualy brand new too me:eek: What do you lot think:confused: deal - no deal..?? Its a 2 spoke one with just the horn buttons on it exactly the same as the plastic, yucky thing thats on ours at present:rolleyes:

He could have upgraded to 3 spoke, or JCW one...so sounds plausible.

Gismo
8th February 2008, 10:26 AM
Gordy mate, i hope you aint dealing outside the auction, cause, if it's a scam you will lose your money and even then if it is ok and it's not right for whatever reason, again you've lost ur money, no come back through eBay or paypal.

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 10:44 AM
Gordy mate, i hope you aint dealing outside the auction, cause, if it's a scam you will lose your money and even then if it is ok and it's not right for whatever reason, again you've lost ur money, no come back through eBay or paypal.

I hear what your saying Al.......but is it a good deal or not;)
Its listed on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160205692493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006
I emailed him asking about its condition etc and if he had a buy it now price in mind and we kinda worked round to £60. I suppose he could add a buy it now option to his listing and do it that way:o

Gismo
8th February 2008, 10:54 AM
I suppose he could add a buy it now option to his listing and do it that way:o
Exactly what i would suggest, but, needs both of you online at the same time, trust me, i'm suffering a paypal dispute right now and it ain nice :mad:

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 11:38 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...............what about the price:eek: Is 60 quid OK or what:mad: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease:o

Scottie
8th February 2008, 11:55 AM
I deal outside ebay all the time. Never had a problem as long as you have conversed with the seller/buyer a fair good bit and I usually speak to them on the phone. Get them or you to pay the money direct into your bank. Then I see no problem.

As to the steering wheel. I would be checking the new price from BMW and decide if it is worth the money he is asking.

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 12:04 PM
I doupt very much Fi that BMW will get anywhere near 60 quid......probably nearer 360 quid :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Gismo
8th February 2008, 12:05 PM
I doupt very much Fi that BMW will get anywhere near 60 quid......probably nearer 360 quid :eek: :rolleyes: :D
So then you've answered your own question :rolleyes: :D

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 12:08 PM
I need reassurance:o :D

Gismo
8th February 2008, 12:14 PM
I need reassurance:o :D
Don't buy it, you could get it cheaper from a salvage yard ;)

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 12:21 PM
Don't buy it, you could get it cheaper from a salvage yard ;)

Aaaaaaaaaah but what kind of condition is it going to be in tho..:eek:
The salvage yards on ebay want £65 + postage for ones that look a bit scabby:(

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 12:22 PM
Yes, but the blood washes off easily enough.

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, but the blood washes off easily enough.

Euugh yuk:(

Gismo
8th February 2008, 12:41 PM
The salvage yards on ebay want £65 + postage for ones that look a bit scabby:(
Gordy, that was my attempt at sarcasm :p get yer money oot ya tight git, of course it's a good deal, sheesh :rolleyes: (smilie for Andy P)

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 12:45 PM
Gordy, that was my attempt at sarcasm :p

I kinda thought that but there are some breakers on fleabay selling mini steering wheels so it also could have been a valid comment:p ;) :D

KenL
8th February 2008, 03:17 PM
I deal outside ebay all the time. Never had a problem as long as you have conversed with the seller/buyer a fair good bit and I usually speak to them on the phone. Get them or you to pay the money direct into your bank. Then I see no problem.

Apart from the phone bit, I totally disagree :(

I got fleeced for £300 about 6 years ago by a tw*t who conversed with me for a few days.

He had managed to put an advert on Ebay using someone else's user name and great feedback.

I got the police onto it, they found him (in Bolton) but refused to charge him as they said they doubted he had any money! I was well peed off, he had fraudulently set up a bank account, scammed me for £300 as well as two others for different items.

So, my message is, do not deal outwith Ebay ;)

KenL
8th February 2008, 03:19 PM
Forgot to say, do not pay money directly into any bank account. There is no way you can get it back.

Gismo
8th February 2008, 04:20 PM
Forgot to say, do not pay money directly into any bank account. There is no way you can get it back.
Good and sound advice, as bad as paypal is, i would use them for the £500 cash back protection

Big Gordy
8th February 2008, 04:54 PM
My ebay account was hi-jacked just before Xmas:eek:
The culprit had managed to list about 6 grands worth of nikon camera onto my ebay account:mad: Luckily I noticed the same night it happened and reported it to ebay who removed the offending items.....one lucky escape:rolleyes:
I've told him I won't take part in any transaction outwith ebay so we'll see what happens;) :D

stoney
8th February 2008, 07:41 PM
well i delt out with ebay for my seats and met the guy with cash so if you can meet him for it then i would do that if not try some of the scrappys here this place has 2 of them http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/13/bitem.php?s=s&count=0&makemodel=BMW&trimlevel=&fueltype=&pics=pics&orderby=MakeModel&value=2101087

Scottie
8th February 2008, 08:51 PM
Good and sound advice, as bad as paypal is, i would use them for the £500 cash back protection

I still disagree. 98% of the things I sold I've listed on ebay then done a deal outside of ebay and certainly not through paypal (I not paying their fees).

I get them to pay direct to one of my bank accounts or collect in cash had no problems so far.

Gismo
9th February 2008, 04:32 AM
I still disagree. 98% of the things I sold I've listed on ebay then done a deal outside of ebay and certainly not through paypal (I not paying their fees).

I get them to pay direct to one of my bank accounts or collect in cash had no problems so far.
My advice was for the buyer.
If everyone was as honest as you then there wouldn't be any problems, however, i'm not so sure i'd be happy bidding on any of your auctions if you always deal outside eBay :rolleyes:
You'll maybe change your mind when you get your first problem