PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O Andy P

stoney
7th February 2008, 09:41 PM
1st of all can you please mind and send me that mail

2nd have you any idea when the new batman movie The Dark Knight is out http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RPy5qYlTlRY

and last but not least is clover filed any good ????

1 more thing what good films are coming out this year ?

thanx in advance stoney

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2008, 10:12 PM
1. Yes. Promise. Saturday as soon as I get in work. Promise.

2. The Dark Knight is scheduled for July 25. No word yet on if Heath Ledger's passing will affect the release.

3. Cloverfield is a very good film. Don't expect a deep meaningful storyline, but if you're looking for 80 minutes of mayhem and some real kick-ass special effects with a very non-Hollywood ending, Cloverfield is highly recommended.

4. Other films to watch out for this year:

National Treasure: Book Of Secrets - starts Friday 8th Feb - looks very good. Any fans of the first film will love.

The Bank Job - Thursday 28th Feb - Jason Statham in what looks like a cool British heist movie. haven't had one of those for a wee while.

Spiderwick Chronicles - Friday 21st March - looks good, but may be more for kids than adults.

Iron man - Friday 2nd May - Robert Downey Jr in the titular role and Jon Favreau (Elf) directing, the trailer looks good.

Nims Island - Friday 2nd May - Cute fantasy adventure with Gerard Butler, Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin

Indiana Jones 4 - Thursday 22nd May - Nuff said!

The Incredible Hulk - Friday 13th June - Oh dear. not sure about this one.

Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Friday 27th June

Han**** - Wednesday 2nd July - this looks absolutely fantastic. See the trailer here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/han****/)

Mama Mia - Friday 11th July - Stage show to screen. Looks good.

W.A.L.L. - E - Friday 18th July - Disney Pixars best looker since Monsters Inc.

Dark Knight - Friday 25th July.

Then it all goes a bit quiet until November then...

James Bond: Quantum Of Solace.. (What a frikking title?!?!?!) - Friday 7th November

Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince - Friday 21st November

Star Trek - Friday 26th December - JJ Abrams (Cloverfield and TV's LOST) Directs.

Something for everyone I think. No doubt I've missed some out though.

Trailers available for some of them at:

Apple Trailers (http://www.apple.com/trailers/)

Movie - List (http://www.movie-list.com) - Warning - lots of Pop ups on this site

Joblo's Movie Trailers (http://www.joblo.com/movietrailers.php)

A.;)

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 11:29 PM
Saw Cloverfield last night, a very different yet great film. Not one for people who suffer from arachnaphobia <spelling?> though.

AeroJonny
8th February 2008, 02:14 PM
Saw Cloverfield last night, a very different yet great film. Not one for people who suffer from arachnaphobia <spelling?> though.

Some of us haven't seen it...cheers.

FergusM
8th February 2008, 02:48 PM
Taking the wife to Cloverfield tomorrow night....so dont let the plot (if there is any) just yet...

Scottie
8th February 2008, 02:59 PM
is Rambo out at the movies yet.??? or has it been out for a while

Looking at the list there seems not to be as many blockbuster movies this year.?

AeroJonny
8th February 2008, 03:41 PM
I dont think its out for a wee while fi ;)

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 05:11 PM
Some of us haven't seen it...cheers.

It was a serious warning, one women sitting next to us had to leave. I hardly gave the plot away.

AeroJonny
8th February 2008, 06:27 PM
I know...but you are giving away part of the surprise.

The movie makers went to great lengths to make the film as big a mystery as possible and you're giving part of the game away! Don't say any more!!!!

'Loose lips sink ships!'

Craig
8th February 2008, 06:30 PM
it's on a ship! and you've sunk it..! you've let another bit of the plot go now Jonny... :p ;) :)

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 06:33 PM
it's on a ship! and you've sunk it..! you've let another bit of the plot go now Jonny... :p ;) :)

Yes but what special effects, the way the planes swarm cross the boat prior to it sinking.

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 06:35 PM
If I had an irrational fear that was so intense I had to leave a movie then I'd rather know in advance. Make sure I took clean underwear.

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 07:11 PM
I can understand Jonny's point, but at the same time it is a valid point from VB. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing else discussed in this thread bears any resemblance to the film. I.E. No ships being sunk by planes. So there any no other spoilers.:rolleyes:

We have been asked by the distributors to put warning signs at the entrance to the cinema hall and at the box office though, warning of shaky camera work which has made some people sick in the USA and also the standard warning about strobe lighting which can affect epilepsy sufferers. What I'm saying is there is precedent for warning folk about certain things in films.

A.;)

stoney
8th February 2008, 07:43 PM
thats brill thanx andy

stoney
8th February 2008, 07:48 PM

The Bank Job - Thursday 28th Feb - Jason Statham in what looks like a cool British heist movie. haven't had one of those for a wee while.

Indiana Jones 4 - Thursday 22nd May - Nuff said!

Han**** - Wednesday 2nd July - this looks absolutely fantastic. See the trailer here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/han****/)

Dark Knight - Friday 25th July.

James Bond: Quantum Of Solace.. (What a frikking title?!?!?!) - Friday 7th November

A.;)

well there is a few more movie runs there andy ;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 09:34 PM
well there is a few more movie runs there andy ;) ;)

lol.

Can't do the July ones as we're just too darn busy. Bond.... maybe. Will see nearer the time.

Also, I just realised it has edited the name of the film on Wednesday 2nd July. Is actually called (ignore the spaces) Hanc o ck.;)

A.:D

stoney
8th February 2008, 09:49 PM
just looked at the clip for The Bank Job looks brill http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmE6SUjsDg

vintageb3
8th February 2008, 10:24 PM
If I had an irrational fear that was so intense I had to leave a movie then I'd rather know in advance. Make sure I took clean underwear.

Wouldn't you do that anyway?:confused:

mark

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 10:36 PM
Mark, I meant in addition to the ones being worn :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 10:41 PM
is Rambo out at the movies yet.??? or has it been out for a while

Looking at the list there seems not to be as many blockbuster movies this year.?

Fi,

Rambo opens on Friday 22nd February.

There is as many good blockbusters this year, but instead of them all coming out over 6 weeks of the summer holidays, they are better spread over the year. Makes it much easier for us to staff/stock/manage/cash-flow.

stoney
10th February 2008, 03:26 PM
:eek: :eek: andy did you forget about me again !!!!:eek: :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2008, 03:36 PM
:eek: :eek: andy did you forget about me again !!!!:eek: :eek:

Who ME?!?!?!...... Never.:o

In all honesty mate I was completely swamped yesterday tyring to complete forms for Europa Cinema's European Digital Cinema Film Funding. In French. And I don't speak French. Got it all filled in then realised we don't qualify.:o :rolleyes: :(

However, Email now sent.;)

stoney
10th February 2008, 03:40 PM
good man thanx