PDA

View Full Version : E46 owners - tyres!

euan
7th February 2008, 09:20 AM
I know a few folk on here have E46's now so wonder if people can advise. Mine needs new tyres on the front (31000miles isn't bad!) but not sure what to go for. It's got Bridgestone Potenza 225/40/18/ZR (RE040) on it, but have heard good things about other stuff as well so wondered what everyone has and any views?

The old one had Pilot sports on it and the new car definitely tramlines more with the Bridgestones - I'd put it down to the width difference but my old car on 17's actually had wider tyres so it's not that!

My brother has just put RE050's on his RX8 and the difference is amazing.

Gismo
7th February 2008, 09:30 AM
Just got 2 fronts on the M3, can't remember what they were, but, price was 200 quid each for 19" :) that was JC's in Dundee

FergusM
7th February 2008, 10:10 AM
I had Pilot Sport's on my 330ci and loved them, and more they lasted for ages even with me not hanging around. I got over 20k miles out a set at the rear.

Evo did a tyre review a few month back, they rated Eagle F1's the top tyre...so probably worth a consideration.

stoney
7th February 2008, 03:42 PM
I had Pilot Sport's on my 330ci and loved them, and more they lasted for ages even with me not hanging around. I got over 20k miles out a set at the rear.

Evo did a tyre review a few month back, they rated Eagle F1's the top tyre...so probably worth a consideration.

i have these on my mini front tyers and love them but will say they are realy bad when cold but once you put a bit of heat in them they are wonderfull :D :D dont know how long they last as not had them on long and my mini dose not get used every day :eek:

BJN
8th February 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm happy with the Pilot sports on my 325, mind you car's only done 15k and the tyres are fine.

Have you tried Costco for the Michelin's?

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 02:02 PM
I'm happy with the Pilot sports on my 325, mind you car's only done 15k and the tyres are fine.

Good point the new Michelin Primacys that I have on my Civic are excellent (asymectric) and they're not even the sporty ones.

FergusM
8th February 2008, 02:08 PM

Be careful with costco... mate at work got tyres there, and they opened the door against the side of the ramp, while he was watching....all sorts of fun afterwards to get them to sort it.

Also heard of someone else that had his wheels marked by costco in porcess of changing tyres..

I always use "A1 tyres" in East Kilbride, always very careful how they fit the tyres to not mark the wheels. Also found them very competative for tyre prices as well.

Coop
8th February 2008, 08:14 PM
Ive got Goodyear Eagle F1s on mine, cracking tyres. Quite quiet as well, although Ive not had anything else on to compare to.