Wul
3rd March 2004, 05:12 PM
Released on the 8th March

mmmm Charlize Theron :p:evil::approve:

Win an IJ driving day here:

http://www.lycos.co.uk/entertainment/comp/italianjob.html

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 09:13 PM
Linda (of course) couldn't wait for this and bought it on Region 1 before Christmas :clown: 'Tis good though :cool:
Mmmmmmm... Charlize Theron :approve::approve:

Linda M
3rd March 2004, 11:43 PM
<Ahem> I think you'll find that BS and WF had their copies long before the movie was even released in the States :eek::clown:
Mmmmmmmm....Mark Wahlberg :p:approve:

Steve74
3rd March 2004, 11:52 PM
Couldn't wait either and got it on Region 1 the week I got my new Mini. Small detail but check out the wing mirrors on the MC's - interesting detail!

Wul
4th March 2004, 04:18 AM
Some of us are unlucky enough to have a DVD player which can't be made region free!:(

seany
4th March 2004, 04:55 AM
got a copy to

Julz
4th March 2004, 05:07 AM
I was waiting on the box set, which I just ordered from Amazon today!!:D

Gismo
4th March 2004, 06:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Some of us are unlucky enough to have a DVD player which can't be made region free!:(
Wul, there are not many DVD players that cannot be converted, most are a simple remote fix whilst others are a chip or even a CD-r boot. What's your make and model and i'll check it out for ya, give me something to do whilst waiting on weather again :evil:

Wul
4th March 2004, 05:02 PM
Have tried all these Bonnie - but give it a go if you like - it's a JVC XV-522 I 'm sure - you will find a code that can be punched in - but when I tried it, it didnae work! :(

Cheeers!

Big Gordy
4th March 2004, 05:24 PM
While were on the subject of dvd players I'm about to purchase one for the hoose. Any recomendations :question: I don't need an all singing,dancing one as the missus won't be able to work it hehehe....ouch what the...ohh sorry dear didn't see you there....I was only joking ouch :p:D:approve: <Talk about thread pinching - sorry folks :I>

Linda M
4th March 2004, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I was waiting on the box set
There's a suprise :evil:;):clown::D

Linda M
4th March 2004, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

While were on the subject of dvd players I'm about to purchase one for the hoose. Any recomendations :question: I don't need an all singing,dancing one as the missus won't be able to work it hehehe....ouch what the...ohh sorry dear didn't see you there....I was only joking ouch :p:D:approve: <Talk about thread pinching - sorry folks :I>
We just bought a whole new tv set up for our new house and the dvd player is very good and easy to work (it has to be for me :clown:) It's a Sony DAV-SC5. We got the whole system from Graham Robertson who now has a shop at the Grahams Rd retail park, on the left at the roundabout behind the phone place as you enter. We've dealt with Graham for years and they really know what they're talking about.

Gismo
5th March 2004, 05:16 AM
Ok, no disrespect to Sony equipment cause they have quality gear, but, they are the worst players for converting to region free as they require a chip and are more geared towards being used with matching components, which, is not a bad thing but limits your choices, they come highly recommended from some magazines and are easy to set up etc.
Gordy, If you are only looking for a player with no frills, ie no home cinema, or 5.1 multi channel surround sound etc then pop along to Tesco or Asda or similar, you'll get a decent one for around 50 quid that will also play MP3's and VCD's etc, before you buy it though, take a note of the make and model and find out how easy it is to make it region free, me Julie got one from Tesco and it was easy to convert, cost 60 quid to buy.

Wul,
Try this:-
Make sure there is no disk in the tray
Unplug mains AC
On the front of the unit press and hold "Play" and "Open/Close"
While holding these keys plug in mains power
Release these keys and test appears on the display
Press "3D-Phonic"
Press "Menu" twice on the remote
The display should read 000 5858 use "Down" buttons to change "000" to "02e"
Change last 4 digits to the following
0000 for region free
0101 for Region 1
0202 for Region 2
Press "Enter" on the Remote
Press "Standby" and wait 5 seconds
Press "Standby" again and the player is now set to the region that you desire

Failing that it needs to be chipped :evil:

Gismo
5th March 2004, 02:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
I was waiting on the box set, which I just ordered from Amazon today!!:DI hope you didn't pay them £20.99 :evil: cause you can get it on Play (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=148781&p=57&c=&g=72) for £17.99 delivered ;)

Julz
5th March 2004, 05:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Ok, no disrespect to Sony equipment cause they have quality gear, but, they are the worst players for converting to region free

Awww, dinnae say that, I was gonna ask you about ours!!!
As for the box set, yes I did pay £20.99, but I was having a mad shopping spree so postage was free and I got discount on a new garlic press (how exciting!!):p

Big Gordy
5th March 2004, 05:29 PM
quote:Gordy, If you are only looking for a player with no frills, ie no home cinema, or 5.1 multi channel surround sound etc then pop along to Tesco or Asda or similar, you'll get a decent one for around 50 quid that will also play MP3's and VCD's etc, before you buy it though, take a note of the make and model and find out how easy it is to make it region free, me Julie got one from Tesco and it was easy to convert, cost 60 quid to buy.

Thanks BS :D the missus actually mentioned the Asda DVD but I thought naaaaaaaaa it will be naff but then I spoke to a mate who owns a TV repair shop and he said there all much the same just go for the cheapest :eek: How easy is the Asda one to convert to multi region :question: :p:D:approve:

Linda M
5th March 2004, 06:20 PM
Got to agree that the Supermarkets do some cracking deals. As for our Sony they did chip it but it only took like 5mins, not that I know much about that stuff. Good luck on your DVD shopping spree Gordy.

duncan
5th March 2004, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Ok, no disrespect to Sony equipment cause they have quality gear, but, they are the worst players for converting to region free as they require a chip and are more geared towards being used with matching components, which, is not a bad thing but limits your choices, they come highly recommended from some magazines and are easy to set up etc.

My Nice shiny silver Sony DVP-NS330 plays Region 1 without either chipping, or a hack, and it plays a Region 4 with RCE coding no worries either. And it came free with my TV!:D

Wul
5th March 2004, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

quote:Gordy, If you are only looking for a player with no frills, ie no home cinema, or 5.1 multi channel surround sound etc then pop along to Tesco or Asda or similar, you'll get a decent one for around 50 quid that will also play MP3's and VCD's etc, before you buy it though, take a note of the make and model and find out how easy it is to make it region free, me Julie got one from Tesco and it was easy to convert, cost 60 quid to buy.

Thanks BS :D the missus actually mentioned the Asda DVD but I thought naaaaaaaaa it will be naff but then I spoke to a mate who owns a TV repair shop and he said there all much the same just go for the cheapest :eek: How easy is the Asda one to convert to multi region :question: :p:D:approve:

Big G - the asds ones are pacific - the 1002 looks the best and is only £39.97 now! here's the link to make it region free http://www.regionfreedvd.net/player/pacific.html

Bonnie - Thanks for looking - that's the hack i tried before - may try it again tho! I'm probably gonna buy one of those pacific ones from asda too and stick the JVC in the bin(spare room) as it doesn't play mp3's either - so is of no real use these days!:(