PDA

View Full Version : Mikey ditches MINI2 in favour of NMS?

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2008, 11:18 PM
This thread on MINI2 is interesting. Especially the last paragraph of Mikey's first post.:eek:

Mikey the mini ditches MINI2 sponsorship. (http://www.mini2.com/forum/general-discussion/152532-goodbye-mikeythemini-newministuff.html)

Mikey I hope your negotiations with Calum are fruitful. Looking forward to another first class company dedicated to the MINI coming on board as sponsor of NMS.;)

A.:D

FergusM
6th February 2008, 11:31 PM
I saw Mikeys announcement...very disappointing indeed.

Craig
7th February 2008, 12:04 AM
shame for MINI2, but maybe our gain. :) Never did like the comments etc made by that certain member he mentioned. Always seemed very opinionated.. :(

FergusM
7th February 2008, 12:12 AM
Never know..if he joins us here, maybe bring a load of new members with him :)

Scottie
7th February 2008, 12:13 AM
I really hope he comes over and sponsors newminiscotland.

It's about time we had decent sponsors. We have Carlo from minidesign and with Mike on board it would be all good. Wouldn't it be great if we could get a decent dealer to be a sponsor also.

RyanK
7th February 2008, 12:36 AM
Yes it would be well cool If he could come over to NMS, spoke to the guy over the phone and is a nice chap :)

That moderator that he has mentioned gets very annoyed at petty things. She sent me 2 PMs and an email because I never followed forum etiquette by inserting just photos rather than clickable thumbnails.

Also when someone is asking for pictures of certain cars with certain wheels etc...he/she sends them a link to the mini2 galleries:rolleyes:

Gismo
7th February 2008, 04:28 AM
What can i say, as everyone knows i have used Mike for a lot of my car stuff.
It certainly will be a big bonus for NMS to get his undivided attention and as a sponsor i hope a lot more work for his business.

One thing though, i've not been on Mini2 for a long time, has Paul sold out to a conglomerate or something??

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 07:22 AM
It's a shame about MINI2, but have to be honest I never liked the site. Far too big for it's own good.

stoney
7th February 2008, 07:26 AM
well i just hope he can make it over here as fi said we need some new sponcers and would be nice if a good dealer would be one

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 07:30 AM
Just have to make sure he gets some business. There's plenty of people who rate his work very highly.

euan
7th February 2008, 08:43 AM
Oh dear. If Mikey comes on here I'll have even less excuse to take my 3 series to him for some upgrades - I've flirted with it for ages!

Scottie
7th February 2008, 08:59 AM
What can i say, as everyone knows i have used Mike for a lot of my car stuff.
It certainly will be a big bonus for NMS to get his undivided attention and as a sponsor i hope a lot more work for his business.

One thing though, i've not been on Mini2 for a long time, has Paul sold out to a conglomerate or something??

some kinda auto forum thing has mini2 now

Big Gordy
7th February 2008, 09:35 AM
It's a shame about MINI2, but have to be honest I never liked the site. Far too big for it's own good.

Same goes for me......I've not been on it for years until this link:rolleyes:

mikeythemini
7th February 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi guys - sent a message to the monsta mo mini on here i little while back about sponsoring this site, he has asked me to call him , I will try to get to that later today

Gismo
7th February 2008, 10:08 AM
Hi guys - sent a message to the monsta mo mini on here i little while back about sponsoring this site, he has asked me to call him , I will try to get to that later today
Nice one Mike :cool: fingers crossed that all goes well :)

Burple
7th February 2008, 11:07 AM
BG and VB, Exactly the same reasons for me too, until this thread. Bloody shame that the new "owners" seem to have no interest in keeping the site alive, but their loss may well be big gain for us lot! (not to mention helping to empty out my bank balance!!!)

I've only used Mikey's services for a couple of small things to date, but sponsorship of this site can only be a positive step! :D
Tell Mini2 to stick it up their collectively globally moderated @rse, and move up north of the border!! :D:D

Big Gordy
7th February 2008, 11:18 AM
My only worry is that NMS gets as big a monster as MINI2 has become if they all abandon ship and log on here:eek:
I like NMS just the way it is thankyouverymuch:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2008, 12:09 PM
My only worry is that NMS gets as big a monster as MINI2 has become if they all abandon ship and log on here:eek:
I like NMS just the way it is thankyouverymuch:cool:

I really don't see that happening Gordy. The geographical statement in the www.newminiscotland.co.uk URL will probably discourage the world wide masses from signing up. MINI2 is a global site with nearly 53,000 members. Don't ever see NMS getting to that stage.

A.;)

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 12:50 PM
We could be New MINI UK

drb5374
7th February 2008, 01:19 PM
Keep NMS the way it is. That way it feels more like a family than just a forum. :)

I've been a member of Scoobynet for 5 years and have always felt at home there, till it started going "big-time". Then people had problems with it and fights started.

Thing is, that has to be considered with a large forum, you can't please everyone.

Where is Mikey based?

Scottie
7th February 2008, 01:23 PM
Keep NMS the way it is. That way it feels more like a family than just a forum. :)

I've been a member of Scoobynet for 5 years and have always felt at home there, till it started going "big-time". Then people had problems with it and fights started.

Thing is, that has to be considered with a large forum, you can't please everyone.

Where is Mikey based?

near Southport. Formby

drb5374
7th February 2008, 01:33 PM
Fair distance. :(

I know Fergus said it was well worth it, but dunno i could travel that distance.

Maybe we could tempt Mikey to move North of the border! ;) :D

Gismo
7th February 2008, 01:52 PM
Fair distance. :(

I know Fergus said it was well worth it, but dunno i could travel that distance
I've done it loads of times, there's a great Indian restaurant there and i've often stayed over night.
Over 600 mile round trip for me ;)

drb5374
7th February 2008, 01:59 PM
I can hear the words already from the other half......

...words like dead, over, body, etc, etc.

ianking
7th February 2008, 02:05 PM
Mikes R56 hi fi upgrade is amazing.

Im half deaf now, eh what you saying. :D

drb5374
7th February 2008, 02:13 PM
Pmsl, quality. :D

FergusM
7th February 2008, 02:16 PM
It is well worth it, he dropped me at the train station and I went to Southport for day....other option was Liverpool.

Just offer to take wife shopping for the day in Liverpool and she'll say yes no problem !...though will probably double the cost of the upgrade... ;)

drb5374
7th February 2008, 02:19 PM
He he he. Problem being, i've just spent more than my alotted amount on wheels n tyres, so a hi-fi upgrade won't be for some time.

Maybe by then, Mikey will have moved to Glasgow and cut his costs considerably.......hey, i can hope! :D :p

FergusM
7th February 2008, 02:22 PM
Just make sure you don't hear a car with the upgrade then, will make you want it even more ;)

mikeythemini
7th February 2008, 02:24 PM
near Southport. Formby
Did you get my email a while back? about X3. I got a auto reply saying you didnt have internet access. Also I posted something to you but its been returned not known at this address??:confused:

drb5374
7th February 2008, 02:26 PM
:D And i was gonna ask for a test...

FergusM
7th February 2008, 02:27 PM
Anytime you fancy...just remember that you'll end up wanting the upgrade ;)

drb5374
7th February 2008, 02:31 PM
I'll give you a shout sometime then, thanks. :D

MartinSullivan
7th February 2008, 04:32 PM

Announcesment From Mini2 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/general-discussion/149977-mini2-joins-autoforums-com-network.html)

jamesbeaumont
7th February 2008, 07:18 PM
so much for it being quiet on here then;)

zimbo
7th February 2008, 07:42 PM
This will only be a GREAT thing for NMS. I hope this all comes together for you Mike, and I just might be in the market for some of your products etc shortly... :D I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and US!!

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2008, 08:42 PM
so much for it being quiet on here then;)

Well said James. Good point indeed.;)

illegalhunter
7th February 2008, 09:30 PM
Paul has filled his pockets , we all would do the same .

mikeythemini
7th February 2008, 10:12 PM
Would I be right that MIni2 has dissapeared or have I been blocked?

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2008, 10:14 PM

Just logged on to MINI2 Mikey. No problem.:o

What message are you getting on the screen? I can't see them being able to stop your browser from viewing the page, but I can see them preventing you from logging in.

A.

N12 JLK
7th February 2008, 10:35 PM
MINI2 what a load of pants, this is the site for real MINI people:)

Gismo
8th February 2008, 04:18 AM
I checked on Mini2 and it appears you managed to log on at 10.56pm, so, i guess you got back on ok??

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 09:00 AM
I checked on Mini2 and it appears you managed to log on at 10.56pm, so, i guess you got back on ok??

I'm guessing that also Alan, as although Mikey doesn't seem to have been posting he has been "thanking" folk for their posts.

<<<Wonders... why don't we have that facility on here?

Gismo
8th February 2008, 09:41 AM
On a more serious note though, Mini2 seems to be a good example of being overly successful.
I've not logged on there for a wee while, mainly due to the back stabbing and biting and sniping.

I for one agree totally that the guy MINIAC was a bit over the top in a lot of ways, he certainly did me no favours.
I even started a post when i got fed up with his intervention on any threads i started or posted piccies into, i got some nice points from many members

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 10:55 AM
I for one agree totally that the guy MINIAC was a bit over the top in a lot of ways, he certainly did me no favours.
I even started a post when i got fed up with his intervention on any threads i started or posted piccies into, i got some nice points from many members

What? Worse than me?:eek: :D ;)

A.

euan
8th February 2008, 11:44 AM
What? Worse than me?:eek: :D ;)

A.

Are you drifting off topic again Andy :D

I left Mini2 ages ago, it just wound me up as it got too big which meant too many posts were missed and too many little groups with all their in jokes.

The stick response came to be "do a search, covered loads of times", which is not helpful (might be true, but it's not helpful!)

Scottie
8th February 2008, 11:59 AM
although to be fair. MINI2 is a very good source for information perhaps
Tto big for your normal community spirit but great site for reference.

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 12:14 PM
Are you drifting off topic again Andy :D

I left Mini2 ages ago, it just wound me up as it got too big which meant too many posts were missed and too many little groups with all their in jokes.

The stick response came to be "do a search, covered loads of times", which is not helpful (might be true, but it's not helpful!)

I'm sure we've discussed this topic before, I think people should search previous posts before going over old ground. Surely this is something the mods should be enforcing. Come on Andy, you're slipping! :D

Gismo
8th February 2008, 12:16 PM
Well, it would appear the Mini2 mods are taking action themselves, going against the owners rules and regulations, should make for interesting reading

Scottie
8th February 2008, 12:33 PM
Well, it would appear the Mini2 mods are taking action themselves, going against the owners rules and regulations, should make for interesting reading

you got a link to this.???

Gismo
8th February 2008, 12:36 PM
you got a link to this.???
Post number 243 (http://www.mini2.com/forum/general-discussion/152532-goodbye-mikeythemini-newministuff-13.html#post3320326)

Scottie
8th February 2008, 12:46 PM
got it and replied. I don't reckon anything will happen I doubt the new owners will even know about the thread,

Crombers
8th February 2008, 01:58 PM
Just have to make sure he gets some business. There's plenty of people who rate his work very highly.

OK so Step 1 - VB goes & buys another MINI :rolleyes: :p

The Dogfather
8th February 2008, 02:00 PM
Or mikey does upgrades for Civics and MX5s

FergusM
8th February 2008, 02:09 PM

He probably would.... just might not know exactly what would fit etc till he stripped one down.

Gismo
8th February 2008, 02:26 PM
He upgrades all kinds of cars including a Bugatti Veyron :)

Moonshine
8th February 2008, 03:32 PM
have pages from the mini2 site gone "missing?" last night it was up to 12 pages, but now it is at 9.

Mini2's loss of Mikey is NMS gain and tho i don;t have my MINI any longer, i still come here frequenly, but never go to M2. even when i had the MINI, i rarely went to M" latterly as the forum style, invasive adverts and karma wasn't that good.

Welcome Mikey.

Gismo
8th February 2008, 04:17 PM
have pages from the mini2 site gone "missing?" last night it was up to 12 pages, but now it is at 9
It's currently sitting at 14, not aware of any deletions.

Also, not sure we should carry on speculating whether Mike will come over lock stock and barrel, though i'd like to see it :) there is a fair chance, depending on Mike's decision that he will continue as a major sponsor

Moonshine
8th February 2008, 04:26 PM
It's currently sitting at 14, not aware of any deletions.

hmmm.... i just followed the post at the top of the page for post 243 in the ME thread...and that seemed to show 9 of 9 pages.... weird.

not important tho:)

G

AndyP & Lenore
8th February 2008, 07:15 PM
hmmm.... i just followed the post at the top of the page for post 243 in the ME thread...and that seemed to show 9 of 9 pages.... weird.

not important tho:)

G

You may have changed your standard view settings from "view 20 messages per page" to "View 30 messages per page" for example. You can do the same with NMS. More messages per page gives less pages, but the same amount of messages in a thread. Am I making sense?:confused:

A.;)

Craig
8th February 2008, 07:42 PM
Am I making sense?:confused:

A.;)

naw....... never.... ! :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

mikeythemini
9th February 2008, 01:40 AM
Huy guys I'm staying at M2 but am still keen to come on board here :)
From what I here posts have been deleted from the thread - I think they were all personal attacks on one of the mods - something I wouldnt want to see

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2008, 02:07 AM
At the end of the day Mikey, that's good news. I'm glad MINI2 have seen sense and accommodated you. Not least because I've no doubt it ultimately generates a significant portion of your turnover.

Hope your negotiations with Calum go well. Be good to have you here as a sponsor.