PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust welding

monkimagic
6th February 2008, 12:06 PM
Hi All

I have been offered a brand new back box for free from someone on Mini2, the problem is it was cut off so his sports exhaust could be welded on in its place.

I will need to have this welded to my exhaust mid pipe, this should be straight forward enough unless some one knows different.

Also, who would do this in Aberdeen. Remove it, cut it and weld it back on.

My mid pipe is in good condition.

Any advice would be much appreciated.;)

M3 GHW
6th February 2008, 02:12 PM
I know of a good company in Ayr that would do this and more. Might be too far away for you.

It' my cousins business, www.elitecustomexhausts.co.uk (http://www.elitecustomexhausts.co.uk)

This post might need moderator approval :confused:

Gismo
6th February 2008, 02:16 PM
This post might need moderator approval :confused:
There's a fine line between active commercial posting and one like this, which, in all honesty is trying to help someone out, so, this time it's ok :)

AeroJonny
6th February 2008, 04:43 PM
Aww, BS...you're all heart ;)

Monki, would it not be cheaper to buy the full cooper exhaust that GAJ has sitting in storage??

monkimagic
6th February 2008, 08:36 PM
How much does CAJ wanr for it? do you know?

AeroJonny
6th February 2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure, he never mentioned any prices. Send him a pm and see what he has to say.

Gismo
7th February 2008, 04:34 AM
I think that Gaj may have finally sold his exhaust, but, as mentioned, send him a PM, i'm sure he'd be happy to see the back of it, he's only had it about 25 years :rolleyes: :D

As for welding, i'm sure the tyre place in Turrif would be able to help :)

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 07:28 AM
I think that Gaj may have finally sold his exhaust, but, as mentioned, send him a PM, i'm sure he'd be happy to see the back of it, he's only had it about 25 years :rolleyes: :D

As for welding, i'm sure the tyre place in Turrif would be able to help :)

Turriff tyres did the mod on my old S exhaust, great work. You'd need to book it in as they're busy.

There's a garage near the beach/funpark did the MOT on our Omega they did good job welding up our exhaust.

http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show.do?id=SB0003200361000050

monkimagic
7th February 2008, 08:35 PM
Cheers guys,

I phoned John Clark and was told the warranty for replaced parts is 2 years so as the exhaust was replaced in Nov 06 it should still be under warranty but need to take it past the service manager.

Is theis right...2 years?

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2008, 08:44 PM
Cheers guys,

I phoned John Clark and was told the warranty for replaced parts is 2 years so as the exhaust was replaced in Nov 06 it should still be under warranty but need to take it past the service manager.

Is theis right...2 years?

I understood it to be just one year.:(

A.

monkimagic
9th February 2008, 02:02 PM
Just popped up to JC, I was told by the service desk it is 2 yrs parts and labour on replaced parts..........

Not sure now:confused:

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2008, 04:43 PM
Just popped up to JC, I was told by the service desk it is 2 yrs parts and labour on replaced parts..........

Not sure now:confused:

I stand corrected.:o

I just checked out this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12723) form the Mods Faults & Fixes forum and Chris Swan from former sponsor Menzies confirms parts replaced under warranty are still covered by the original car warranty until the end of that warranty period, but parts purchased by individuals are covered by a two year warranty.

A.;)

monkimagic
9th February 2008, 09:58 PM
They replaced our exhaust under warranty 2 days before it ran out, we were very pleased as they squeezed us in but I am to assume that the warranty on the back box ran out after those 2 days left on the warranty expired?:confused:

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2008, 10:19 PM
They replaced our exhaust under warranty 2 days before it ran out, we were very pleased as they squeezed us in but I am to assume that the warranty on the back box ran out after those 2 days left on the warranty expired?:confused:

Monki, that's my understanding of it.:o

Ridiculous isn't it.:confused:

A.:(