PDA

View Full Version : So what else does your key know?

duncan
5th February 2008, 04:50 PM
So just what data does the MINI key hold?
Here was me thinking its just for the Imobiliser, and remote locking, but it seems to have the mileage, and distance to next service too!

What else does it actually know :confused:

duncan
6th February 2008, 11:32 PM
Actually, this was posted in the General Discussion section not the OT&B one. :rolleyes:

AeroJonny
7th February 2008, 04:21 PM
fine...google it and find out for yourself

duncan
7th February 2008, 08:31 PM
Thank you Jonny, for your helpful and constructive information. :rolleyes:

The Dogfather
7th February 2008, 09:39 PM
Hey, that was good advice look what I found from google

http://www.mini.co.uk/html/model_range/mini_cooper_d/servicing.html

duncan
7th February 2008, 10:51 PM
Yes, VB, Google is great, isn't it.

Anyway, lets just say that there's been posts removed, and someone took the hump to the reminder that I posted that I was looking for an answer that had some relation to a MINI.

ny152
7th February 2008, 11:07 PM
In the R56 it also knows if you have setup the '3 click' quick indicator for changing lanes.

AeroJonny
8th February 2008, 01:56 PM
Well if you'd just gone out and googled it in the first place (which is essentially what you were asking us to do) you could've grown a sense of humour and taken the joke.

And as for taking the hump...seems like bit of a hypocritical comment on your part.

duncan
8th February 2008, 10:18 PM
Aye, whatever. :rolleyes:

I didnt ask anyone to google anything. you never know, someone may have known about what data was held without google, or the info on the MINI site may not have been complete. A wee bit of insider knowledge was all that was wanted.

Can't wait to see your reply to every other post asking for information. google it and find out for yourself. That'll make for a great forum.

AeroJonny
9th February 2008, 01:42 AM
Nah, that'd be far too predictable. It's always my first port of call to have a wee scout around the www before I ask someone on here. At least it's not M2, where every query is met by an instruction to search through old
posts.

Can't wait to see your reply to every other post asking for information. google it and find out for yourself. That'll make for a great forum.

And as for this...I think you'll find I'm actually one of the folks who's trying to come up with ideas to make this a bit more of a fun place.

Gismo
9th February 2008, 04:21 AM
This is steering slightly off topic again :)
Let me know if the question has been fully answered and i'll close the topic :)