PDA

View Full Version : Its very quiet on here!

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 04:46 PM
My god, I know these forum's have their quite spells but its been as quiet as the England Rugby Crowd after Saturday's game against Wales.

Do we need a marketing campaign?

AeroJonny
4th February 2008, 05:23 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrr...

and yeah, might be an idea. Maybe a flyering drive!

BJN
4th February 2008, 05:39 PM
..or how about a free Mini with every post?

Craig
4th February 2008, 06:13 PM
it would help if our Dealer Sponsor would get more involved and give us deals like they used to to help generate interest. When was the last time we got given some accessory deal purely for ourselves ? :(

Think it was when Big Norm was last there...

get more involved and people are more likely to go and spend their money there...:rolleyes:

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 06:51 PM
it would help if our Dealer Sponsor would get more involved and give us deals like they used to to help generate interest. When was the last time we got given some accessory deal purely for ourselves ? :(

Think it was when Big Norm was last there...

get more involved and people are more likely to go and spend their money there...:rolleyes:

To be honest Craig, the site needs to widen its appeal. With the numbers dropping like they are there'll be only be a few regulars who post before long.

Perhaps by dropping one of the three elements to the site: -
* New, get some old minis on here!
* MINI, how about other makes!
* Scotland, what about UK wide!

Just trying to start a debate, I'm happy with the site but perhaps we can do something to get the numbers up. I'm not having a dig at MMM or the Mods, all of which do a great job BTW. (Well, Andy is the best of the lot and he's the best looking too;) )

BJN
4th February 2008, 07:42 PM
To be honest Craig, the site needs to widen its appeal. With the numbers dropping like they are there'll be only be a few regulars who post before long.

Perhaps by dropping one of the three elements to the site: -
* New, get some old minis on here!
* MINI, how about other makes!
* Scotland, what about UK wide!

Just trying to start a debate, I'm happy with the site but perhaps we can do something to get the numbers up. I'm not having a dig at MMM or the Mods, all of which do a great job BTW. (Well, Andy can be a bit edit happy but he's got a lot of time on his hands;) )

Good idea to drop the NEW, now kinda makes you think R56 minis.
MINI keep that with a wee asterisk *and other BMW group vehicles, previous and future Mini owners

But def keep the Scotland, I like the local feel it gives.

jamesbeaumont
4th February 2008, 08:07 PM
Perhaps pop over to Mini2 and start an advertising thread?:)

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 08:15 PM

I don't think that'll go down too well but could be worth a try

jamesbeaumont
4th February 2008, 08:21 PM
I don't think that'll go down too well but could be worth a try

Yeah I think I'll wait for a response first:eek: *Gets ready to run for cover;)

drb5374
4th February 2008, 08:25 PM
I'll be on more, once we get the car, but for the moment i'm just enjoying browsing....slagging matches are of benefit atm, due to Vidal and AndyP. :D

Scottie
4th February 2008, 08:42 PM
Don't think it is down to the amount of users we have. Looking at the members list we had just about 90 people visit the site today.

We all just need to be bothered to post more.

Like everything in life somedays we can be bothered and some days we can't.

Around the others forums I visit which are mainly car forums it's all about off topic and banter that's where the post are most maybe we are just boring.;) :D :p

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2008, 09:05 PM

Erm, that's really not a good idea at all. Sounds like a plan, but would not go down well with the Admin of MINI2.com.;)

A.:D

KenL
4th February 2008, 09:08 PM
How about mods post a "topic of the day"?

We could have threads in the general section about anything MINI/car related.

Maybe even just posting links to other websites so we can all go have a look and post opinions on our site.

N12 JLK
4th February 2008, 09:09 PM
Hello, there I've posted:D :D

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 09:12 PM
Don't give Andy any excuse to post more crap ;)

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 09:14 PM
I know, how about Andy doing a Delia style chant.

Com'on lets be having you, hic!

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2008, 09:17 PM
Don't give Andy any excuse to post more crap ;)

I know, how about Andy doing a Delia style chant.

Com'on lets be having you, hic!

I can see you getting another slap.:D

A.:D

The Dogfather
4th February 2008, 10:19 PM
You old slapper! :D

RyanK
5th February 2008, 12:21 AM
I think there is more promotion needed, in which in hindsight is down to myself and every other member.

Almost Every day I say cool looking Minis & wonder to myself 'why are they not on NMS?'. It kind of bugs me to be honest..but then again I dont want to be lurking round in car parks attaching flyers to every Mini I see. Theres Loads!

Agree with Vidal, it's relatively quiet. I think there needs to be more threads with details on members cars etc. Like the American sites do.

:)

Gismo
5th February 2008, 09:05 AM
That's me back from a weekend away and now back to work :( looks like i didn't miss anything ;)

euan
5th February 2008, 10:51 AM
I found the site by some undercover work by one member pinging personal messages in M2 about NMS having searched users profiles.

JCWmini
5th February 2008, 08:30 PM
With the numbers dropping like they are there'll be only be a few regulars who post before long.

Mmmm i wonder why that is!!!

Bumble
5th February 2008, 11:59 PM
I know I've been kinda quiet lately - work means that I've got enought time to read posts and that's about it. Agree, I'm happy to starting "flyering" cars that I see.

AeroJonny
6th February 2008, 04:52 PM
I know I've been kinda quiet lately - work means that I've got enought time to read posts and that's about it. Agree, I'm happy to starting "flyering" cars that I see.

Pinky promise?? ;):D

Bumble
6th February 2008, 07:38 PM
Oh go on then ... pinky promise!

Gismo
7th February 2008, 04:37 AM
Not so sure if it's that quiet, every day i log in from Baku, being 4 hours ahead of the UK, i've got around 20 odd posts to wade through, which, is normal.
What i haven't worked out, is if the posters are less, maybe calum can shed some light :)