PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield...

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2008, 01:32 AM
Note: If anyone else see's the film and wants to post here, that's cool, but NO SPOILERS for the benefit of those who haven't seen the film.

...Is frikking awesome!:D :D :cool: :cool:

Had a test run / staff show tonight.

Very well made, very well acted and very well shot.

Giving nothing plot-wise away.

Nice and short too at about 83 mins.

Highly recommend.;)

A.;)

duncan
1st February 2008, 01:33 AM
I might be going to this tomorrow.

Do I need to take a sickbag, a la, Bourne 3?

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2008, 02:07 AM
I might be going to this tomorrow.

Do I need to take a sickbag, a la, Bourne 3?

It is very jittery - like Bourne 2. Bourne 2 was worse than 3 for that.

A.:D

FergusM
1st February 2008, 09:58 AM
I soooo want to go and see this one, will have to drag the wife out once released.

illegalhunter
1st February 2008, 02:22 PM
*Edited to remove spoilers for folk who haven't seen it yet*. Also from what ive read on tinternet ,Kinda Blair Witchy.

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2008, 02:45 PM
Edited to remove spoilers for folk who haven't seen it yet. Also from what ive read on tinternet ,Kinda Blair Witchy.

The only comparison with Blair Witch is the way the film is shot; using hand held video camera's. But whereas Blair Witch was pretty poor quality (because it was literally shot with video cameras) Cloverfield has been shot with the "look" of a video camera, but the quality of a proper commercial cine camera.:D It is a jittery picture and sometimes difficult to watch, but you soon get used to it and the effect is very good indeed.

Sorry I had to delete some of your post, I really want to try and keep the thread spoiler free for a while at least. What you referred to is not on any of the publicity and I didn't even know that was what the film was about until I saw it.:o

duncan
2nd February 2008, 12:22 AM
Its not bad at all. First few mins with the shaky cam are annoying - then you get used to it.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2008, 01:26 AM
Its not bad at all. First few mins with the shaky cam are annoying - then you get used to it.

No sick bag required then Duncan?:D

duncan
2nd February 2008, 01:29 AM
Nah. I coped :)

Made me think it was another installment of a previous franchise that did very well in the first 2, then petered out. If you know what I mean. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2008, 02:14 AM
Nah. I coped :)

Made me think it was another installment of a previous franchise that did very well in the first 2, then petered out. If you know what I mean. ;)

Police academy?:D

Erm. No. I don't follow.:confused:

A.:o