PDA

View Full Version : R56 MCS Warranty Recall

M3 GHW
31st January 2008, 10:56 AM
Hi,

Booked my car in yesterday to demonstrate noise coming from alternator at low revs. When i arrived they said 'ah your here for all these warranty recalls':eek: . So turns out there were 4 recalls which 'popped' up when they booked me in. They forgot to tell me this when i booked it the previous day. So they are:

1. Inspect steering column
2. Replace rubber hose
3. Inspect Gaitor
4. Retrofit ash tray

8 hours later i get my car back with an ashtray, it's going back in tomorrow they're ordering an alternator and an output shaft?

I will know more then once i find out what they have done and what the piece sorry wad of paper said about these recalls. i know the ashtray is because cars with smoker pack didnt always have one. Thats not very important but i thought the steering may have been! My car is November 06 registered.

Just thought you should all know, a call to the deater might show these also:)

Gismo
31st January 2008, 11:01 AM
Very interesting :eek:

Craig
31st January 2008, 04:40 PM
from your picture looks like you have one of the Menzies Launch Cars... ;)

it will have the usual "characteristics" of a car built then.. it's a modified alternator they are putting on as it is the wrong one. Had to do this with my Dec 06 car (before I got rid).

hope everything else works out for you..:) Bit of a worry about steering, and I am UTTERLY AMAZED that the dealer called them recalls, as they only ever referred to them at my dealer as "Product Enhancement Updates".... as Jim White would say.... "What a load of p!sh" :eek: :rolleyes: :(

ianking
31st January 2008, 05:06 PM
Isnt the car in the pic Alan Thornes old car?

M3 GHW
31st January 2008, 05:17 PM
yes it was, Ian.

Thankfully the car doesnt seem to have any of the other 'characteristics'. The sun roof blinds do open though

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2008, 06:30 PM
yes it was, Ian.

Thankfully the car doesnt seem to have any of the other 'characteristics'. The sun roof blinds do open though

There's a fix for that! Go back to your dealer and moan. They contact MINI Technical and they tell the dealer what the fix is. I wish I knew what they did with mine, but after replacing the sun roof cassette it still moved, so they did a "fix" and that fixed it. Something to do with stiffening some rollers up and slackening the tension on the spring I think.

A.;)

Gorbash12346
31st January 2008, 07:47 PM
quality enhancements i believe you mean... it's all about the wording....;)

Craig
31st January 2008, 08:01 PM
quality enhancements i believe you mean... it's all about the wording....;)

it's still a load of rubbish, it's as if they don't want to admit to their cars having problems... :confused: :rolleyes: :)

Craig
31st January 2008, 08:02 PM
Isnt the car in the pic Alan Thornes old car?

I knew that :rolleyes: :) ;) :D

Gorbash12346
31st January 2008, 09:54 PM
nobody does but yet every company does it