PDA

View Full Version : Time for some Brakes!!

Bazthemod
31st January 2008, 12:08 AM
Ok my brakes are awful had test drive in a new Honda Civic and was shocked at just how bad my brakes are in comparison. They feel really floaty / spoungy and the pedal travels a fair distance before it takes any effect.

The car is due a service where the brake fluid will be changed but im wondering what the best option is for better brakes?

Any ideas welcome...within reason lol

Gorbash12346
31st January 2008, 07:48 PM
brake fluid change should make quite a marked improvement other than that depends on the state of your discs and pads

Craig
31st January 2008, 08:08 PM
Lohen do EBC Discs and EBC Greenstuff pads for £178. With Gorbash's info on how to change pads, the job should be fairly easy. Also think that you could do the brake fluid change yourself with some tips ;)

so for the price of less than the dealer is quoting you could have some better equipment on your car... :D

Gorbash12346
31st January 2008, 09:32 PM
oddly the ebc turbo groove discs and green stuff pads on my car have been fine however the same types on my dads 530D have warped twice then went back to oe discs and it's fine :confused:

Big Gordy
1st February 2008, 09:37 AM
I had the same happen on my mundane:eek: 2 sets of EBC discs warped within 14 months so reverted back to standard and had no problems:rolleyes: :D

Bazthemod
1st February 2008, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm lol not sure what to do now :confused: :D

Dont kno if i should just get decent pads and decent fluid or go whole hog and get those disks, or even JCW Conversion.

Arrrgghh decisions :cool:

Craig
1st February 2008, 12:14 PM
just ignore me then.... :o :p

AeroJonny
1st February 2008, 01:13 PM
If your car's over 3 years old (and out of warranty) I wouldn't bother with the JCW brakes. Have a look around at some of the BBks on offer, I've a feeling you'll get more stopping power for your pennies.