PDA

View Full Version : JCW Upgrades Complete

Ivano
30th January 2008, 08:36 PM
I finally got to see my car tonight at the dealership with my New JCW Sport Brakes and JCW Sports Suspension fitted and my JCW R105 alloys back on the car...

It looks an absolute mint, the red front calipers look superb through the alloys.... And the car is sitting just nice with the new suspension. It is no where near as low as it was with the coilovers but looks amazing and can't wait to drive it as the Cooper JCW Kit also includes the addition of uprated front and rear anti roll bars... (Cooper S versions i believe)

I say i got to see it... but i could not drive it away.. BOO :( but i do still have the fully loaded Cooper S Clubman to drive while they have my car.

The dealership did me a wee deal on a leather JCW Gear knob and Handbrake lever which also looks the business but the handbrake button jammed just as i was about to drive off so it could not be released... They have kept the car to fix it in the morning and then deliver the car out to me at some point tomorrow... I cannot wait to drive it though will need to run the suspension and brakes in for about 200 miles until everything settles in...

Will post pics of the new set up as soon as i can....

From one very happy MINI Owner this evening :D :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2008, 09:01 PM
That all sounds very nice Ivano.

Piccies mind, piccies!!!

A.;)

Ivano
30th January 2008, 09:07 PM
That all sounds very nice Ivano.

Piccies mind, piccies!!!

A.;)

I know i know... i will sort very soon..

It has cost a bit but was very well discounted as you know but i think it will all be worth it for driveability

Mini Ecosse
30th January 2008, 09:14 PM
Sounds superb, looking forward to photo's

Stephen

Sweeney
30th January 2008, 09:27 PM
The brakes are all that need "ran in", just be smooth and gentle etc. Suspension will be fine, just dont go looking for big potholes lol

So horse it about when conditions permit! Get your moneys worth :D

Keeping the rear calipers as they are or going to paint to match?

Craig
30th January 2008, 09:41 PM
sounds good Ivan, cannae wait to see your photos. :D

AeroJonny
30th January 2008, 11:42 PM
Saw the clubman when i drove past your mum and dad's tonight...very nice :)

Gismo
30th January 2008, 11:56 PM
I'm interested to hear how the suspension upgrade is, i've got the brakes already and was thinking i would get that at my first TLC service

Ivano
31st January 2008, 09:56 AM
The brakes are all that need "ran in", just be smooth and gentle etc. Suspension will be fine, just dont go looking for big potholes lol

So horse it about when conditions permit! Get your moneys worth :D

Keeping the rear calipers as they are or going to paint to match?

I am just going to leave the rear calipers as they are. No plans to paint them...

drb5374
31st January 2008, 02:51 PM
Sounds sweet. :cool:

Ivano
31st January 2008, 02:53 PM
Saw the clubman when i drove past your mum and dad's tonight...very nice :)

The clubman is nice in the grey colour with the silver detailing...

RyanK
31st January 2008, 05:34 PM
Cool that the JCW upgrades are complete.

As others say post up some pictures please and let us know how the JCW suspension compares. Does the JCW suspension package consist of the same setup as the GP's?

Cheers

Ivano
31st January 2008, 08:23 PM
Cool that the JCW upgrades are complete.

As others say post up some pictures please and let us know how the JCW suspension compares. Does the JCW suspension package consist of the same setup as the GP's?

Cheers

Yes it is the same set up as the GP I believe, the only difference is the spring rates are different on the GP given its lighter weight.

I picked the car up tonight and it feels great, very controlled, i think the uprated anti roll bars make a big difference. I never got a proper drive due to the extreme weather conditions, plus need to bed the JCW Brakes in... It s look brilliant with the slightly larger brake discs on the front with the Red Calipers...

The car will need to go back in tomorrow though, i got 5 miles down the road from dealership and Run Flat Tyre Indicator came on... BOO :mad: :mad: Will get it checked out tomorrow may just need re set.

Will try and get some pics done in a few days time once this terrible weather goes away.

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2008, 08:53 PM
I'm interested to hear how the suspension upgrade is, i've got the brakes already and was thinking i would get that at my first TLC service

Alan, do you really feel your R53 needs the suspension upgrade? It's one of the reasons we went out and bough another R53, because the suspension and handling are top notch.:confused:

A.:D

Ivano
1st February 2008, 02:50 PM
Well i finally have my MINI back to enjoy now, it turned out to be that the Run Flat indicator just needed reset, so thankfully no puncture.

I am really liking the JCW Suspension already (even more so than my previous KW Coilovers) and the way it feels, definitely less body roll thanks to the anti roll bars. Visually does not look a lot lower as it only lowers by around 10mm but the 18" wheels sit quite nice in the arches now, not so 4x4 ish...

Bring on the Speeds bumps hee hee as i could not get over them before with the coilovers set at 50mm.

JCW is pricey but quality shines through in my opinion.