PDA

View Full Version : Hi this anyone on here's car?

Stewart
29th January 2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.menziesmini.co.uk/used_mini/current_stock.html?gc=0149

MINI Cooper Mileage 12,883 Transmission Manual Fuel Petrol Exterior Chili Red Interior Cloth Cosmos Black Registration SM56NLT Reg. Date December 2006
Just asking as i might take a look at her......

Craig
29th January 2008, 08:08 PM
looks like it is one of the original cars if it was built Dec 2006. Not sure it's worth that price tho.

don't think it's anyone's on here, but I may just not have met them.. :)

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 08:18 PM
looks like it is one of the original cars if it was built Dec 2006. Not sure it's worth that price tho.

God no, that's stupidly expensive, especially when Motorpoint have brand new ones for £13k. They only lack the 17" wheels but they can be picked up cheaply elsewhere

KenL
29th January 2008, 08:24 PM
God no, that's stupidly expensive, especially when Motorpoint have brand new ones for £13k. They only lack the 17" wheels but they can be picked up cheaply elsewhere

Really, what is the spec.

Are they pre-registered? Are they imports?

Scottie
29th January 2008, 08:32 PM
is that not the one that brokedown at the petrol station over the road and lay in the showroom for weeks cause they didn't know what was wrong with it.??

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 09:35 PM
not pre-reg, might be imports, you'd have to ask.

Stewart
29th January 2008, 10:19 PM
It was more the low mileage I was attracted to

This is what I really want but it’s a big ask second hand.

MINI Cooper D
Lightning Blue
options:

Lightning Blue
Roof&Mirror Caps in Black
Black Bonnet Stripes
Colour Line Dark Grey
Additional Decor Rings
Interior Trim Piano Black
Chrome-Line Exterior
Sport Button
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Visibility Pack
Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
Rain Sensor & Lights On
White Indicator Lenses
Anthracite Roof Lining
CHILI Pack

Love the breakdown story! There seems to be a fair few of these type of cars some on Eastern as well that just seem to sit there…..You say its dear but so far I’ve seen 54 -05 for about 10-11K that I think are over the top price wise considering there the old model.

I just cant face loosing 2-3k driving a new one out the door. I could have 16K to spend if I wanted but its getting to the bracket I’m thinking 16K for a mini……If new ones spec’d like the the D I have above were 12K I’d have on on the drive right now its that wee bit extra that stops me.

Sheilz
29th January 2008, 10:29 PM
Love the breakdown story! There seems to be a fair few of these type of cars some on Eastern as well that just seem to sit there…..You say its dear but so far I’ve seen 54 -05 for about 10-11K that I think are over the top price wise considering there the old model.

I just cant face loosing 2-3k driving a new one out the door. I could have 16K to spend if I wanted but its getting to the bracket I’m thinking 16K for a mini……If new ones spec’d like the the D I have above were 12K I’d have on on the drive right now its that wee bit extra that stops me.

A ha that's because the old model's best:p:D:D

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 10:40 PM
Stewart, have you had a look at www.motorpoint.co.uk ?

Like I said new for £13k

drb5374
29th January 2008, 10:54 PM
Fraid not..... http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/(S(jxkwewfs2u55tp55oyx3od55))/About/Default.aspx?pageref=FAQs#10

Brand new cars are sourced from the continent and Motorpoint is the first registered keeper.

Only nearly new cars, might not be from the continent.

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 11:05 PM
Now that's new when I asked about an Astra a year ago they said I would be the first keeper. Perhaps they got their fingers rapped.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 11:10 PM
But do you think a Dealer would reduce the value of a car just because there was a pre-reg owner involved, who would have owned it for a day?:confused:

We bought a Corsa from a Vauxhall dealer in the Borders many moons ago and to get the right price they pre-reg'ed it to them and then registered it to us, so we were technically the second owner. They told us at the time it wouldn't affect the trade in price because any dealer would understand it was a pre-reg car. And TBH, when we traded it 6 months later to a different dealer they didn't care we were second registered keeper and it had been pre-reg'ed. Still got a cr@p price for the car, but that's 'cos the ass drops out of every car in the first 6 months anyway.:rolleyes:

Very nice car it was too.:cool:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 11:15 PM
And this web site doesn't really refer to Chilli's or not

Glasses guide online (http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/scripts/nuvv/nuvv1.asp?clientId=vauxhall&laf=vauxhall&nuvvpath=b&sessionid=0url)

A.

drb5374
29th January 2008, 11:27 PM
Some dealers do get concerned about 2 owners, some don't. Depends on how they feel that day i think. :D

There can also be issues with warranties and servicing with some cars, depending on what dealer it is etc.

For me there were just TOO many if's and but's to buy from Motorpoint. I'd rather pay 1-2k more for a fully legit car from a main dealer, than get an unknown from Motorpoint.

Heard too many stories about so-called new cars looking like they've been laying about for years.

Craig
29th January 2008, 11:36 PM
is that not the one that brokedown at the petrol station over the road and lay in the showroom for weeks cause they didn't know what was wrong with it.??

close, but that was a petrol, not that I was anywhere near it you understand.. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Stewart
30th January 2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah I’ve looked at MP but to be honest I want to buy form one of the four Eastern, Menzies, Fairbarin in Giftnock which is my home one and D Park Hamilton, just so I can drive in and say right fix this or its service time….

Gidtnock always has a poor choice and right now there Convertible heavy….

I don’t think MP do Diesels anyway.