PDA

View Full Version : Gonna get cold

The Dogfather
28th January 2008, 10:17 PM
Looks like we could be in for another cold snap from Thursday onwards, still not a certainty but Metcheck have stuck it on their front page. Looking at what they're forecasting could be really cold.

You might want to keep an eye on the weather if you've got plans for next week, unless you're going skiing that is :p

Scottie
28th January 2008, 11:17 PM
I hope it snows.

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2008, 11:23 PM
I hope it snows.

I hope it doesn't.:p

A.:p

Sheilz
29th January 2008, 12:52 AM
I hope it does:D

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 01:14 AM
I hope it does:D

Gismo
29th January 2008, 10:13 AM
Don't know about cold, but it's awfy wet outside :eek:

Neil and Lorna
29th January 2008, 03:50 PM
Looks like we could be in for another cold snap from Thursday onwards, still not a certainty but Metcheck have stuck it on their front page. Looking at what they're forecasting could be really cold.

You might want to keep an eye on the weather if you've got plans for next week, unless you're going skiing that is :p

Me Me Me off to Aviemore on Sunday for a couple of days.
Hope we get a wee dump over the next few days.

Neil.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 04:00 PM

Neil.

If you need to go take a dump, go the the toilet. Didn't Mum teach you anything?:rolleyes:

A.:D

euan
29th January 2008, 04:05 PM
If you need to go take a dump, go the the toilet. Didn't Mum teach you anything?:rolleyes:

How is that on topic? :D:D

VB - how accurate is Metcheck? Usually right, sometimes right, always wildly wrong?

duncan
29th January 2008, 04:13 PM
I hate this sodding weather.

I took annual leave today so I could go to the football tonight, and its called off. AAAAARGH! :mad:

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 04:13 PM
Usually right, the Met Office have also mentioned it. It will be cold on Thursday and Friday, the uncertainty is how much snow if any and whether the cold spell will last.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 04:16 PM
How is that on topic? :D:D

VB - how accurate is Metcheck? Usually right, sometimes right, always wildly wrong?

It's not on-topic at all. As this is the Off Topic and Banter forum. And the rule that subjects should stay within the boundaries of the original topic was a figment of my (and Gaj's - apparently) imagination, so anything goes.;)

Back on topic: Metcheck - I've found to be almost useless recently. There was a time you could set you watch by them, but I think these guys spend more time snowboarding in the Alps, than forecasting weather these days.:rolleyes:

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 04:23 PM
Andy, I've been looking at the data rather than the forecasts. They don't usually put it on their front page unless its a certainty.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 04:30 PM
Andy, I've been looking at the data rather than the forecasts. They don't usually put it on their front page unless its a certainty.

Yeah, admittedly, I tend to just look at the "Next 7 Days" pages and its split into 6 hour sections and TBH, its very seldom correct, even 24 hours ahead.

Used to be very good though.:confused:

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 05:23 PM
That's why I look at the data from the models, it gives a better indication of the confidence of the forecast. If you're only looking 24 hours ahead then the Met Office site is bay far the best.

Sheilz
29th January 2008, 10:25 PM

............does :D:D:D

According to the Press & Journal we're getting blizzards across the north east on Thursday night/Friday. So if the P&J, the mighty north east oracle says its going to snow then - its going to snow:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 10:29 PM
............does :D:D:D

...n't.:p :p :p

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 10:37 PM
Scotland should be worst hit as its a northerly, not sure if we'll see much white stuff here though all depends on the direction. If its more north easterly we'll get the snow, mind you we've had a fair bit already.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 10:44 PM
Scotland should be worst hit as its a northerly, not sure if we'll see much white stuff here though all depends on the direction. If its more north easterly we'll get the snow, mind you we've had a fair bit already.

Tell you what Paul, as a favour to you mate, if any snow comes this way, I'll ask it to bu@@er off down to you.;)

The Dogfather
29th January 2008, 11:06 PM
I don't want any this time as I'm trying to get my driveway done......

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 11:18 PM
I don't want any this time as I'm trying to get my driveway done......

Tell me about it. I had a company come in and do my driveway the week before Christmas. Should have taken 2 days. They finished a week ago!

As soon as they lifted the slabs, the temperature dropped like a stone. Then it rose as soon as they broke up for Christmas, then dropped again as soon as they started work again. Then it rained continuously for 2 weeks. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Mrs P was not best pleased at the mess outside for 5 weeks!

A.:o :eek: :mad:

jamesbeaumont
29th January 2008, 11:35 PM

Neil.

Theyre going to need quite a dump (!) to make a difference to the current shoddy conditions...
http://www.winterhighland.info/testcam/

Sheilz
30th January 2008, 12:16 AM
...n't.:p :p :p

...........does:p:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2008, 01:44 AM
...........does:p:D:D:D

Fed up with this game. Wanna play something else?

Gismo
30th January 2008, 10:11 AM
Well, whaddyaknow, woke up this morning to a hard frost :eek:

Sheilz
31st January 2008, 10:01 PM
Fed up with this game. Wanna play something else?

........did:p:D:D:D