Passenger seat height adjustment
On board computer
Interior light pack
Rechargable torch
Storage tray for centre console
Supaguard protection
and of course TLC

Got it for a good price, so very happy right now. :D

I know people will say you should have got this, you should have got that, but i believe i only need to buy what i want to buy. We'll get some other wheels/tyres at some point. :)

Craig
28th January 2008, 09:29 PM
as you say, it's all about what YOU want. ;) :D

I wish you the best of luck with your new car when it comes. :D

what's the delivery wait these days?

drb5374
28th January 2008, 09:32 PM
as you say, it's all about what YOU want. ;) :D

I wish you the best of luck with your new car when it comes. :D

what's the delivery wait these days?

Many thanks. :)

Original date was scheduled for 15th of March, but it sounds like it could be closer to the start of March now. :cool:

The Dogfather
28th January 2008, 09:33 PM
Must be less demand now the Fiat 500 has been launched ;)

Craig
28th January 2008, 09:36 PM
that's only about 4 weeks wait? :eek:

gone are the days of waiting 10 weeks for a car.. :p

Gismo
28th January 2008, 09:36 PM
No Chili Pack??

drb5374
28th January 2008, 09:40 PM

Yep! :D I was expecting 2 months, but i ain't gonna complain. ;)

Yer, no chili pack. I'm a person who likes to think about resale values and the only thing i'd really have found a use for out the chili pack was the HID's....i just couldn't warrant the 2k price tag for it.

Looking at Glasses guide for September last year, showed you lost £1500 when buying the chili pack....OTT IMHO. Don't blame people for buying it, but the main item in the pack is A/C and we just don't want it really.:o

KenL
28th January 2008, 10:18 PM
Congrats.

As someone said, your choices are what counts, but...

1. I would go for a dark silver roof and fit silver viper stripes. :cool:
2. I would defo not get supaguard. Just look after the car yourself. How much are you paying for the supaguard?
3. Anthracite headlining is a waste of money IMO :eek:

KenL
28th January 2008, 10:20 PM

Not neccesarily. Dealer may have had a cancelled order, using one of their showroom order or demo slots etc. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2008, 10:20 PM
Car sounds very nice. And by not going for a Chilli pack, you've fitted in loads of other touches you may not have if you'd spent the £2k on the chilli. Not sure I'd have specced one without a chilli mind you.

Hope you enjoy, and mind and post up pics when you get it.;)

A.:D

Scottie
28th January 2008, 11:06 PM
did you get a discount of your new motor. My mate has just ordered a Clubman D and got £356.00 discount plus a use of a motor until it arrives.

Seem to be good deals out there at the moment.

drb5374
29th January 2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys. :) Indeed everyone is different in what they want and i can't see anything i've missed off the options list, so i'm more than happy.

Getting the Supaguard thrown in for nothing and getting a good discount ontop, but i prefer to keep the details to myself, as it was a family friend who helped us out. ;)

The roof lining.....i wouldn't have probably gone for it, but the missus has a TT atm and in there EVERYTHING is black. It may be a bit boring and dark, but i think it's quite nice, thus trying to get the same with the Mini IYSWIM. :D If i'd kept with the silver lining, it would have been getting the silver dash trim and i didn't really wanna do that. lol

FergusM
29th January 2008, 09:21 AM
Dark roof lining is lovely...not that I am biased ;)

ianking
29th January 2008, 09:27 AM
I have a dark silver with piano black and chrome inside and I got the anthracite roof to finish it off. It looks much better than the beige roof. Tinted rear windows would look good as well.

Not sure if you are right about not ordering the Chilli due to resale values. It seems like it is very hard to sell a car without a pack on it, but each to their own.

MarcoV
29th January 2008, 09:47 AM
I agree what everyone is saying about not ordering the Chilli pack, not only do you get some nice goodies but it makes a huge difference for resale.
This is only my opinion but i would not buy a second hand mini that hasnt been specced with a Chilli pack.

And whats this about discount and stuff thrown in? Lloyds Carlisle gave me the fingers when i asked for some free things thrown in or a bit of discount! Bit harsh considering we spent nearly 40k with them in March 07!

illegalhunter
29th January 2008, 09:52 AM
Well done you havent been fooled by the spec for resale bug , as you loose £1000s on that idea . Enjoy the driving now.

drb5374
29th January 2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks Deerslayer. :)

Glasses guide says an S without Chili pack is only worth £500 less than one with it.

KenL
29th January 2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Deerslayer. :)

Glasses guide says an S without Chili pack is only worth £500 less than one with it.

That IS a surprise. Was the price with and without comparing cars which both had AC?

How old were these cars with a £500 difference?

drb5374
29th January 2008, 09:04 PM
That IS a surprise. Was the price with and without comparing cars which both had AC?

How old were these cars with a £500 difference?

It gives you the prices for all different Mini's and also gives the prices for all Mini's with the available package options...obviously only Chili for the S.

The prices start at when the Mini first came out, right up to September 07, so it included the R56. It gives you price when new, approx. dealer price for being X years old with X amount of miles and part exchange value.

I'll be honest, i was quite shocked too by the prices, but at the end of the day, it's that book the dealers go by.....or at least it should be, as they've always used it from my memories.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 09:29 PM
It gives you the prices for all different Mini's and also gives the prices for all Mini's with the available package options...obviously only Chili for the S.

The prices start at when the Mini first came out, right up to September 07, so it included the R56. It gives you price when new, approx. dealer price for being X years old with X amount of miles and part exchange value.

I'll be honest, i was quite shocked too by the prices, but at the end of the day, it's that book the dealers go by.....or at least it should be, as they've always used it from my memories.

They do and they don't. In my experience they'll use whatever book or system gives them the best deal. BMW/MINI dealers have their own software based system which when they punch in the details of the vehicle with mileage etc, it gives them an estimated value. They do use Glasses, but like I say, if their own system shows a lower value, that's often what they quote.

A.

Scottie
29th January 2008, 09:36 PM
They do and they don't. In my experience they'll use whatever book or system gives them the best deal. BMW/MINI dealers have their own software based system which when they punch in the details of the vehicle with mileage etc, it gives them an estimated value. They do use Glasses, but like I say, if their own system shows a lower value, that's often what they quote.

A.

funny I always thought dealer sales person had to speak to their used sales manager and they just pulled a figure out of the sky. well that's how it always felt to me.:rolleyes: ;)

Sweeney
29th January 2008, 09:41 PM
They offer as low amount as they think they'll get away with. You'd be hard pushed to find a dealer who DIDN'T use glasses guide at the least.

KenL
29th January 2008, 10:05 PM

Ok, but, from what you quoted, were you comparing a totally standard S, with xero options against an S with CHILLI?

I could understand a £500 difference between an S with AC and an S with CHILLI, but not totally standard against with CHILLI.

Am I making any sense here :confused:

drb5374
29th January 2008, 10:52 PM
Lol, yes your making sense, but on the S in Glasses guide, the only 2 options for say a 07 plate with 12k miles had one priced at X amount and one priced £500 more, but that had Chili pack. So either totally stock, or with Chili.

KenL
29th January 2008, 11:07 PM
Lol, yes your making sense, but on the S in Glasses guide, the only 2 options for say a 07 plate with 12k miles had one priced at X amount and one priced £500 more, but that had Chili pack. So either totally stock, or with Chili.

Well, I am going to stick my neck out and say I don't believe those figures :p

Self preservation is, of course, my reasoning :o

drb5374
29th January 2008, 11:22 PM
Lol, want me to scan the book and stick a pic up?

:D

KenL
29th January 2008, 11:31 PM
Lol, want me to scan the book and stick a pic up?

:D

Don't bother.

I'll think I'll just sell my CHILLI pack on Ebay before I lose any more money :D ;)

drb5374
30th January 2008, 08:26 AM
:p

Not wanting to bother anyone by saying about the Chili pack...just explaining why i didn't go for it. :)

ianking
30th January 2008, 09:20 AM
My mate is a dealer and uses a Glass guide as a 'guide'. They tend to go on what actually sells and how much it will 'retail' for then they reduce it by the profit they should take from it + any recon costs and VAT etc. Whenever I change my car I always ask him what I should expect as a trade in. He always tells me that a mini with a pack is much better news. He did have an S without a pack on his fourcourt and eventually had to trade it on as he had lots of folk look at it but then say oh its not got the pack on it.

Remember you get nice Xenon lights, 3 spoke wheel, bigger alloys, fog lights, interior lights, carpet mats and most importantly for re-sale air con.
I think it works out at a good deal.

But, each to their own.

drb5374
30th January 2008, 10:13 AM
I understand. I know what i paid for the car and it would surprise most of you i think. I'm happy to keep it at that and if i need to trade it in later on for a bit less, so be it.

We'll probably go sell it privately anyways and there will ALWAYS be someone to pay less than an equivilant if they can.

I'd have bought a secondhand R56 if i seen it was worth it, but most people do spec them up and then it didn't seem sensible.

Duncan Stewart
2nd February 2008, 10:38 PM
Your new car sounds great :D
Enjoy it when it arrives

drb5374
3rd February 2008, 10:43 AM
Your new car sounds great :D
Enjoy it when it arrives

Many thanks. :)

drb5374
25th February 2008, 05:39 PM
Well waddya know....it's ready to be picked up on the 3rd March!!!

:D :D :D

Wheels and black grille at the ready........... ;)

zimbo
25th February 2008, 07:01 PM
Well waddya know....it's ready to be picked up on the 3rd March!!!

:D :D :D

Wheels and black grille at the ready........... ;)

Lol Gonna be a VERY long week for you now then... Enjoy once the day arrives.:D

drb5374
25th February 2008, 07:03 PM
Lol too true! :D

At least i should get to drive it a wee bit, before handing it over to the other half. :rolleyes:

Craig
25th February 2008, 07:34 PM
Good News :D

all the best with it, my second R56 S was the same colour combo and I defo liked the look of it better than my first one.. :cool:

markyc
25th February 2008, 08:08 PM
Spec sounds crackin and the colour combination is fair braw :D Enjoy when it arrives :D ;)

drb5374
25th February 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks again fella's.

Will get some piccies up when she arrives. :cool:

Just got the free 7 day insurance thing sorted out there, so already at my end. :D