PDA

View Full Version : JCW conversion run in time ????

Linda M
4th April 2003, 09:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a run in time for the JCW conversion ?
I'm getting a shot in a JCW S conversion in 2 weeks but was just wondering :)

lightbody
5th April 2003, 01:31 AM
Is it a dealer car, or a friends car?

If its a dealer car, I wouldn't worry about it!

Can I have a shot too please?!?!

I love the fact that the Works is MORE economical than the S - thats superb - thats a proper upgrade!!

Linda M
5th April 2003, 02:12 AM
I'm not worried about the dealers car :evil:
I was just sitting wondering if the conversion needs to be run in because I haven't read anything regarding this.

Gismo
8th April 2003, 08:16 PM
Ok, my tuppence worth.
As a time served motor mechanic my advice would be (Not BMW or JCW). Any time a cylinder head is removed a certain run in period should be endured to allow the gasket, the new valve stem seals and any other moving part to "bed" in, this applying to a converted car.

As for running in as per the BMW manual, this would only apply to a brand new car, however a previously run in car that is converted would not really need the same period, but, a sensible amount of revving the engine should be excercised.

If you are seeking a definitive answer you would really have to talk directly to BMW and JCW to maintain the vehicles warranty.

So, when are you ordering it, as if i didn't know, 12 days and counting ;) or when Willie's in Ireland :eek:

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
8th April 2003, 08:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So, when are you ordering it, as if i didn't know, 12 days and counting ;) or when Willie's in Ireland :eek:
OH Chri*t :eek: Maybe I better stay at home....

Fontal
8th April 2003, 08:35 PM
Either that or take the phone and modem with you. ;);)

Julz
9th April 2003, 05:36 AM
And Linda, please remember, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW how wonderful the JCW conversion is, cause not all of us are minted!!:dead::clown::I

Willie M
9th April 2003, 04:01 PM
Ah but Julz.... you could always cancel the wedding & honeymoon and invest the proceeds on BabyB ;):D

Gismo
9th April 2003, 06:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

And Linda, please remember, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW how wonderful the JCW conversion is, cause not all of us are minted!!:dead::clown::I
Go for the equally as good hartge then :evil: I believe Grassicks will be performing this conversion.
Could be done while your in your rearranged 2 day caravan honeymoon in sunny Oban :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
9th April 2003, 10:30 PM
Who says I'm getting anything done :p I was just wondering !!
Thank you for your very knowledgeable reply Alan :)
That's probably just the way I'd do it 'IF' I was getting it done. Everyone knows how well I look after Daisy anyway :)

Julz
10th April 2003, 02:37 AM
Wow, Oban, that's more extravagant that I would have planned!!:clown: I think I'll stick to two weeks in the carribean, then I'll come home and nag like a true wife until I get what I want!!:D

Willie M
11th April 2003, 03:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

then I'll come home and nag like a true wife until I get what I want!!:D
:D Sounds like you've pretty much got married life sussed already Julz :D;)