PDA

View Full Version : Question for Deerslayer

The Dogfather
24th January 2008, 08:03 PM
I noticed you posted on Civinfo about transform leather, what did your quote include?

I'm thinking about the leather interior for the Civic as well but not 100% sure yet.

I thought you'd be more likely to spot the post on here.

The Bull
25th January 2008, 05:28 PM
Getting a Civic VB?

The Dogfather
25th January 2008, 05:54 PM
Got one already, replaced the Vectra with a 57 plate 2.2 EX in red. I was thinking of trying get one with leather but the aftermarket leather kit is better quality and cheaper. Plus you can personalise it. DS had a quote but I was wondering if it was personalised.

illegalhunter
25th January 2008, 09:44 PM
Yes iam waiting for the leather swatches to be sent to me, . Red /Black perforated leathe door cards & arm rest. As for personalised dont no what i can get . It will make it a bit of pain to resale

The Bull
26th January 2008, 05:11 PM
By the look of it they make a fantastic job.

BTW, what size of wheels do you have? I find my 18s a bit of a nightmare on bumpy roads. (I have a 2.2 EX as well.)

The Dogfather
26th January 2008, 08:23 PM

BTW, what size of wheels do you have? I find my 18s a bit of a nightmare on bumpy roads. (I have a 2.2 EX as well.)

17"s although I wish I'd got the 18s now, they're fine even on the bump roads.

The Bull
27th January 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm the other way round. They look the business but on bends where the surface is bad you can feel the whole car "wiggle". Not horrendously bad but noticeable.

Here is mine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Honda%20Civic/home1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Picklehammer/Honda%20Civic/andov.jpg

Sorry boys/girls, forgot this was still a MINI forum for a minute!

illegalhunter
27th January 2008, 06:41 AM

Ive got the 19"Rages , the ride is hard but better than myr56 s with runflatts

illegalhunter
27th January 2008, 06:42 AM
I love the colour the bull , i wish there were more colours for the R

The Dogfather
27th January 2008, 09:28 AM
Great colour, if you ever want to swap for some 17s ;)

I can't believe they never did the R in the white, or that yellow both looked great.

Bull, ever thought about chipping it, it would give deerslayer a run for his money?

The Bull
27th January 2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks, I know I love the colour. I believe they have discontinued it in favour of orange? :(

Apparently they sorted out the suspension when they did the Type S so your Type R will feel a lot better than mine in that department.

I looked briefly at chipping it. A very good move but seeing as it's a lease car though the company I work for it would be money wasted when the 3 years was up. If I decide to keep it after the 3 years I will definitely seriously consider it.

illegalhunter
28th January 2008, 05:30 AM
Great colour, if you ever want to swap for some 17s ;)

I can't believe they never did the R in the white, or that yellow both looked great.

Bull, ever thought about chipping it, it would give deerslayer a run for his money?
Only till the Vtec Light comes on then its bye bye

The Dogfather
28th January 2008, 08:12 AM
I remember 5th gear did a test a Vxr Astra vs the 200bhp 888 CDTI. Despite the 40bhp difference the diesel wasn't that far behind. Now do that with less power difference, a peaky vtec petrol rather than torquey petrol turbo. I reckon you might find it a lot closer than you think.

The 2.2s that were done by Celtic Tuning are getting 190bhp and enough torque to pull up trees.

The Bull
28th January 2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it was the Celtic tuning one I first looked at last year. The guy who had it done said that he didn't see much change in his mpg despite the huge power increase. The engine is terrific it really is. The biggest limiting factor is the smallish intercooler apparently.

By the way have you tried V-Power Diesel? I just put in half a tank to try and would say that it is bit smoother with power delivery. I noticed it a lot more on the A90 at 60 mph+. Really smooth and more (!) torquey.