PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S Clubman On Loan

Ivano
23rd January 2008, 08:19 PM
I have a Cooper S Clubman home tonight for a couple of days while my JCW Suspension and JCW Brakes are being installed..

It is fully spec'd with all the extras Full Leather... A wee perk for working for Harry Fairbairn

I will do a wee report in a couple of days hee hee. But i quite like it it is a nice drive and feels more stable on the road so far...

It takes a little getting used to with the rear window set up, rear visibility is very much reduced in the Clubman...

I can't wait to have me wee JCW Baby back though with the new set up etc

illegalhunter
23rd January 2008, 11:01 PM
Ive only seen 1 on the road so far

Sheilz
23rd January 2008, 11:21 PM
I've seen two in Aberdeen. I'd love to try one out. Bet they dont stink of cheap plastic!

KenL
23rd January 2008, 11:21 PM
Ive only seen 1 on the road so far

I have only seen one too.

Strangely, it was a driving school car.

With the rear vision in the Clubman, it seems a very strange choice for a learner car :eek:

weefossy
23rd January 2008, 11:22 PM
Didn't have the JCW suspension on the convertible, but the brakes were great. We are loving the clubman, can't wait to get the JCW conversion, although saying that, it's pretty nifty as it is.

KenL
23rd January 2008, 11:22 PM
Bet they dont stink of cheap plastic!

You've lost me, please explain :)

weefossy
23rd January 2008, 11:24 PM
Really interested in the rear vision comments:) :)
It's 10x better than the convertible:D

Gismo
23rd January 2008, 11:31 PM
You've lost me, please explain :)
Sheilz mentioned in another thread that the rental Astra she has at the moment smells of cheap plastic :eek: keep up ;) :D

KenL
24th January 2008, 09:36 AM
Oh right.

I thought she was talking about Deerslayer's Honda!!!

Ivano
24th January 2008, 09:42 AM
Really interested in the rear vision comments:) :)
It's 10x better than the convertible:D

I guess with a little time you would get used to it... I think it is the Door Beam down the centre of the window with makes it feel so different.

Overall i am very impressed though...... Very very responsive too.. :) :)

euan
24th January 2008, 09:45 AM
When I had one as a loan car I thought much the same, good power, great toys (was fully loaded too), rubbish visibility! I can imagine it would be very easy to not see a motorbike if it was directly behind you.

The Dogfather
24th January 2008, 09:51 AM
When I had one as a loan car I thought much the same, good power, great toys (was fully loaded too), rubbish visibility! I can imagine it would be very easy to not see a motorbike if it was directly behind you.

Nah, they usually sit in the blind spot on the outside waiting to overtake

ianking
24th January 2008, 10:08 AM
I had a Cooper S Clubman for 4 days. I didnt think it fealt as fast and as nimble round the bends as my hatch. However my hatch has 14k miles and the Clubman only had 1k so it wasnt quite run in yet.
I really like the look of the back end but I found that it got very dirty very quickly due to the overhang of the rear spoiler.
If I needed a slightly bigger car then I would have one but the hatch suits me fine at the moment.