PDA

View Full Version : Play Mini on order

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2008, 08:07 PM
Our fist proper Mod for the red MINI. Ordered a cat back Play Mini exhaust. Shipping Friday, delivery Monday.:D

Bring on the roar.;)

A.:D

N12 JLK
21st January 2008, 08:10 PM
Bugger;):( :)

Craig
21st January 2008, 11:10 PM
about blooming time...! :)

RyanK
21st January 2008, 11:55 PM
Cool Mod Andy, Can't wait to hear it at a run!!

Where can you buy these PlayMini exhausts? Am I right in guessing most are buying off of www.playmini2.com (http://www.playmini2.com)

Edit - Ok I don't know :p

Craig
22nd January 2008, 12:07 AM
bought mine from P & L Minis in Rotherham Website HERE (http://www.plminishop.com) :D :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2008, 12:15 AM
Same for me. That's where we bought last time and were pleased with the service. So went straight back there when we decided to put a play mini on our current R53.

TBH, they just act as the middleman, they don't even touch the exhaust. They take the order, punt it on to Play Mini themselves and Play Mini ship the exhaust out to you. I think it is marginally cheaper to buy from P & L mini rather than Play Mini direct, and I haven't had a good experience with dealing with the Play Mini guys in the past, so although their products are first class, I avoid dealing with the company as much as possible.

A.;)

vintageb3
22nd January 2008, 12:50 AM
You could have your old one back you know!;)

mark

ianking
22nd January 2008, 09:34 AM
Who is fitting the exhaust for you Andy?

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2008, 11:04 AM
You could have your old one back you know!;)

mark

You're joking right? That old thing? It was tarnished, battered, un-polished and looked terrible. I was even thinking it was starting to sound a bit ropey when I sold it to you. Damaged goods mate. Glad to get rid.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

A.:D ;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2008, 11:05 AM
Who is fitting the exhaust for you Andy?

Ostles.

Stuart reckons it will be about £30 to £40 ish.:D

A.;)

drb5374
22nd January 2008, 11:42 AM
How loud are they? Intrusive at all?

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2008, 11:54 AM
How loud are they? Intrusive at all?

Not intrusive at all. They have a deep growl and when you floor it, you know about it. But with just a cat back system it is nowhere near as loud as a full system. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of Elfman's MINI. And we may well move up to the full system eventually, but £readdies prevent that at the moment.

A.;)

ianking
22nd January 2008, 12:16 PM
Thats a good price for fitting and you know that Stuart will do a good job and if there are any probs he will sort it no bother and no hassle.

zimbo
22nd January 2008, 07:25 PM
I bought both my MINIs exhausts from Playmini themselves, excellent service as well. You never know one day I might buy from them again... :D

ELFMAN
22nd January 2008, 09:39 PM
Get right in there Andy and Lenore!!!! You know it makes sense..... and NOISE!

Intrusive? Only when you WANT it to be! Manifold def. does let it rip a bit more, but the system alone is worth it as it changes the 'character' of your MINI from 'sensible' to 'Bring it On!' Best mod I ever did.

vintageb3
22nd January 2008, 11:05 PM
You're joking right? That old thing? It was tarnished, battered, un-polished and looked terrible. I was even thinking it was starting to sound a bit ropey when I sold it to you. Damaged goods mate. Glad to get rid.:eek: :D

A.:D ;)

We are definitely talking about the same item;) :D

You could add...overpriced and doesn't fit the convertible all that well:rolleyes:

Only joking....love the wee rusty thing to bits:D

mark

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 11:38 AM
Update:

After ordering on the 21st January - still no exhaust.:(

It was supposed to be delivered yesterday and I stayed in all day waiting for the delivery, which didn't come. I called PL Mini today and they called Play Mini and it seems the parts Play Mini were waiting on coming in, came in faulty, or something like that. So instead of calling their agents (PL Mini) so that they can inform their customers, they decided to stick their heads in the sand and hope we don't notice. If they'd just called, I wouldn't have lost a days work.:rolleyes:

Now they think the parts will be in by midweek, so hopefully by the end of this week we'll have our new exhaust.

I understand things go wrong - happens all the time, and if a supplier lets you down, or anything like that, it's not something you can plan for. But why oh why don't they call the customer and tell them?:confused:

Very frustrating for me as a customer and for P L Mini (agents of Play Mini).:mad:

A.:mad:

Gismo
29th January 2008, 11:45 AM
Been there many a time, as you say, very frustrating and very annoying :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 12:13 PM
Been there many a time, as you say, very frustrating and very annoying :mad:

With Play Mini BS? Or just in general?

A.

Gismo
29th January 2008, 01:40 PM
With Play Mini BS? Or just in general?

A.Just in general, i've never had a playmini exhaust :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 02:11 PM
Just in general, i've never had a playmini exhaust :eek:

OK.

You don't know what you're missing.;) Sounds luuuuuuuurvely.:D :D When you eventually get it.:rolleyes:

Craig
29th January 2008, 06:40 PM
I had the EXACT same problem with the EXACT manufacturer. :mad: They also didn't tell PL Mini that they didn't have the parts in stock, so the customer (ie myself) thought that the parts were in transit (as were PL Mini), however they told no-one and both were left feeling let down.

As you say Andy, simple as a phone call and you know you can do other things rather than wait in for a bit that hasn't even been sent yet. :rolleyes: ;)

just another lesson, if they didn't make some of the best exhaust in the industry for MINI's I doubt people would put up with their bad customer service :(

Gismo
29th January 2008, 06:49 PM
Of course, you could have asked for the thing to be delivered to the place that's gonna fit it, that way you don't have to take a day off your work ;)

euan
29th January 2008, 06:51 PM
Of course, you could have asked for the thing to be delivered to the place that's gonna fit it, that way you don't have to take a day off your work ;)

Ah, hindsight :D Wonderful thing ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2008, 08:24 PM

Never thought of that. Alan, you'd be a great one to have around, AFTER an emergency.:rolleyes: :D

A.;) :D

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2008, 02:58 PM
Exhaust arrived today.

Booked into Ostles in Gala to be fitted on Monday.

Gismo
1st February 2008, 03:21 PM
Exhaust arrived today.

Booked into Ostles in Gala to be fitted on Monday.

Better late than never :rolleyes: :D

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2008, 03:21 PM
Better late than never :rolleyes: :D

Absolutely.;)

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2008, 03:51 PM
Exhaust now fitted and sounds very very :cool: :cool: :cool: .