PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500

ianking
21st January 2008, 07:34 PM
Just back from having a look at the new 500. It looks quite good. They had a red sport in the showroom that was almost the same spec options wise as we are thinking about. The seats are very comfy.
The plastics feel better than other Fiats I have been in but doesnt feel as good as the Mini (but its a shed load cheaper). The gear change does feel a bit cheap though.

Booked a test drive for Sunday so will get a better idea then.
Not selling the mini though was just thinking about it as an extra car for us.

Anyone else been into a dealer today for a look?

The Dogfather
21st January 2008, 07:43 PM
Today? No. Have looked at the 500 a few times though. What's the waiting list like at the moment?

ianking
21st January 2008, 08:10 PM
Salesman said if I ordered this weekwnd prob get car t the end of March.
No discount though even although im not trading in.

If we like it though I wont be ordering without some kind of discount or freebie thrown in. Its Arnold Clark after all.

N12 JLK
21st January 2008, 08:12 PM
Get them to throw a polly bag in, you could collect all the bits that fall off it on the way home:rolleyes:

ianking
21st January 2008, 08:47 PM
Aye very funny:rolleyes:

N12 JLK
21st January 2008, 08:51 PM
me thought so:)
you dont need another car my good man, too much money burning a hole in your pockets:) , you could get me side skirts if you want rid of some spare cash, after all we are cumbernauld weegie's ;)

euan
21st January 2008, 10:17 PM
I'll be going this weekend with any luck, we're looking for a second car but I suspect the missus will want something more sensible.

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2008, 10:34 PM
I'll be going this weekend with any luck, we're looking for a second car but I suspect the missus will want something more sensible.

Like a MINI?;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

A.:D

euan
21st January 2008, 10:39 PM
Like a MINI?;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

A.:D

I've tried!!! However as I used the line "MINI is not practical" as an excuse to shop it in for my 3 series, I'm kind of buggered!

Looks like a new Yaris is hot favourite. I'd still like a Mini though. Or a 500 - something more fun!

Craig
21st January 2008, 11:07 PM
not yet, but I do like the look of it... I drive past the Fiat showroom everyday on my way to work.. Must stop for a wee look ;)

Scottie
21st January 2008, 11:20 PM
not yet, but I do like the look of it... I drive past the Fiat showroom everyday on my way to work.. Must stop for a wee look ;)

that kinda funny when you think about it you drive past the garage that we all thought we would buying the next generation Mini from

perhaps they would have dealt with their customers better.:rolleyes: ;) ;)

ny152
21st January 2008, 11:54 PM
Like the sound of the deisel Lounge spec.
Like you Craig I pass by the same dealer quite a bit. I've been taking little peeks to see if they would take the cover off the one in the showroom early.

Think I'll take Tricia in for a 'look' this weekend :)

Craig
22nd January 2008, 12:06 AM
Like you Craig I pass by the same dealer quite a bit. I've been taking little peeks to see if they would take the cover off the one in the showroom early.

the covers were off when I passed today going into work - think today was the launch day... :cool:

ny152
22nd January 2008, 12:10 AM
Yep, launched today.
The Fiat website is quite good for playing around with and configuring the car.
Wonder where they got that idea from :D

Scottie
22nd January 2008, 12:20 AM
I've got a day of tomorrow think I will go along to have a look at them:cool:

Big Gordy
22nd January 2008, 09:36 AM
I've got a day of tomorrow think I will go along to have a look at them:cool:

Ohhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D

euan
22nd January 2008, 02:15 PM

The diesel is apparently a bit of a letdown, better with the petrol. It lacks low down punch so I'm told.

Ivano
22nd January 2008, 02:32 PM
I was at the Fiat 500 Launch last nite through work.. It is a stunning little car. Fiat have really thought about this one.. The build quality appears to be superb (very solid) . Huge spec list too. I think the 500 will appeal more to the female owner given its size but who knows how it will go?? :) :)

Scottie
22nd January 2008, 06:14 PM
well I was in at the dealer today and had a wee look round them.

1st you would have to buy one with aircon as the normal heater controls were a bit of a let down.

I loved the Pana Sun Roof and the speedo.

I wonder how nippy they are. I would have the sport.

You know what surprised me most. From the outside they are defo wee looking but when you sit in one it felt a lot bigger not sure how the interior size compares to a Mini but not much difference.

All in All it's a girls car without a doubt very cheeky looking.

The MPG is about the same as the new Cooper S looking at the stats and the 1.4 is £115 a year to tax.

Oh and the USB port with the Windows logo cap was a nice touch.

I going to take Allan back to have a look round see what he thinks.;) ;)

jamiec
22nd January 2008, 06:50 PM
Went today for a look in Ayr. They had 3 in and a classic too. Not a salesman to be seen though.

Had a good nosey round them all. Nice cars but I'd still have the mini all day long. Just something about fiat's feels like they will fall apart (and usually do).

The 500's quality is better though and I think they will shift a few.

Finally after 10mins a salesman turned up. He wasn't busy just couldn't be bothered. Said to him the classic was nice and got met by laughter mocking it. Nice start. To cut the awkward small talk he wasn't interested a bit and couldn't care less about a new car. That alone would make me never buy one.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2008, 07:03 PM
Went today for a look in Ayr. They had 3 in and a classic too. Not a salesman to be seen though.

Had a good nosey round them all. Nice cars but I'd still have the mini all day long. Just something about fiat's feels like they will fall apart (and usually do).

The 500's quality is better though and I think they will shift a few.

Finally after 10mins a salesman turned up. He wasn't busy just couldn't be bothered. Said to him the classic was nice and got met by laughter mocking it. Nice start. To cut the awkward small talk he wasn't interested a bit and couldn't care less about a new car. That alone would make me never buy one.

Oh dear. It doesn't help when the salesman is indifferent towards a new product the company is trying to market. You have to wonder... "What does he know?":(

A.:)

zimbo
27th January 2008, 12:59 PM
Lol went for a road test yesterday in a red 100bhp 1.4 sport, it wasnt too bad, It does handle pretty well, seats were a bit awkward for me but roof was high enough for me to sit in ok its got a nice chunky steering wheel. the speedo/rev counter set up would take some getting used to!! I didnt think much of the so called sports exhaust or the performance, but then again it is only a 1.4 non-turbo car. :)
My one has only 90bhp (I think it is anyway) and it feels so much quicker.

But I think I'll wait and see what the special edition Abarth version with the 160/170bhp will be like when it comes out, sounds like it will be pretty mental.

Ian how did you get on with your road test?