PDA

View Full Version : Argyll & Bute 3 - Sun 10th August

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:04 PM
This run returns for it's 4 year (although only some people came with us last year with the Doncaster MINI Register).

It is a long run (approx 180 miles from start to finish), but it takes in some of the most amazing scenery and roads that Scotland has to offer.

Start will be Callander, finishing in Balloch by Loch Lomond.

2006 Run thread HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6573)

Update 5th Aug 2008.

Ok Folks, only 5 days to go.. :thumbs up:

Meet in Callander at the Car Park behind the Dreadnought Hotel (FK17 8AN)
from 09:30hrs, leaving @ 10:00hrs.

Should be in Balloch before 17:00hrs :cool:

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/argyle_and_bute_2008.pdf)

Names please....;)

1. Craig & Jude
2. CCM (Colin)
3. Bumble (Lynn)
4. VintageB3 (Mark) & Kim
5. Nicola
6. Stone (Rob) & Christine
7. Neil & Lorna
8. Ian & Sarah
9. Dicksy
10. Clan Nicol
11. Elfman
12. Roadrunner
13. ScottieDoop
14. WeeFossy (Grandma & Gugga)
15. Gers444 (David & Fiona)
16. Cooperman (Steven & Shelagh)

Colin
19th January 2008, 11:22 PM
Yes please Craig. :D

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:24 PM
Yes please Craig. :D

Cheers Colin :D

AndyP & Lenore
19th January 2008, 11:26 PM
More than lilely a yes from us, but as usual it will depend on staff etc. But it's a yes for now.

Also will sticky.

A.;)

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:27 PM
More than lilely a yes from us, but as usual it will depend on staff etc. But it's a yes for now.

Also will sticky.

A.;)

I thank you. :)

Bumble
19th January 2008, 11:40 PM
Yes please!

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:44 PM
Yes please!

Welcome aboard.. :p

vintageb3
20th January 2008, 12:41 AM
Add Kim and I please Craig!

mark

Nicola
20th January 2008, 01:01 AM
Me as well please:p :cool:

tonyjac
20th January 2008, 01:51 AM
si signore davies grazie:D

stoney
20th January 2008, 09:12 AM
me as well big man

Craig
20th January 2008, 10:21 AM
Add Kim and I please Craig!

mark

Me as well please:p :cool:

si signore davies grazie:D

me as well big man

Thats you all added. :D

Ivano
20th January 2008, 02:14 PM
Craig please put me down for this one...

I was sorry that i missed the 2006 run as i had only signed up in August of that year

Craig
20th January 2008, 05:49 PM
Craig please put me down for this one...

I was sorry that i missed the 2006 run as i had only signed up in August of that year

no probs Ivan, that's you added. :)

Neil and Lorna
20th January 2008, 06:41 PM
Could you add Neil and Lorna please. :D

Cheers.

Craig
20th January 2008, 06:43 PM
Could you add Neil and Lorna please. :D

Cheers.

Done. :cool:

Mini Ecosse
21st January 2008, 05:20 PM
Working - again:mad:

Stephen

markyc
23rd January 2008, 09:35 PM
Craig yes please SUUUUPERB day out

:D ;)

Craig
23rd January 2008, 09:46 PM
Craig yes please SUUUUPERB day out

:D ;)

you better me coming, your tailgunner... (rather than jockey ;) :D )

Crombers
24th January 2008, 02:28 PM
Stick us down, work depending ;)

Craig
24th January 2008, 08:37 PM
Stick us down, work depending ;)

Thats you added :D

Duncan Stewart
25th January 2008, 09:34 PM
add me and Helen please :D

sedgie
26th January 2008, 08:40 PM
Me & Gordon please:D

Craig
26th January 2008, 08:51 PM
add me and Helen please :D

Me & Gordon please:D

that's you all added. :D

N12 JLK
27th January 2008, 03:34 PM
Craig, can you put us down please.

Craig
27th January 2008, 05:03 PM
Craig, can you put us down please.

sorted - you took your time... ;) :)

N12 JLK
28th January 2008, 01:39 PM
We thought we had our name down and gasped with horror when we did not!!

ELFMAN
31st January 2008, 09:16 AM
I've been offline/asleep/unconscious for a while - add me to the list please Craig, always a great run.

Craig
31st January 2008, 04:35 PM
I've been offline/asleep/unconscious for a while - add me to the list please Craig, always a great run.

No Worries, Ewan, your just getting older that's all...;)

Stewart
1st February 2008, 02:51 AM
Anyone go on these things themselves, I planning on getting a Cooper D in the summer but you know how things change…. Anyway if anyone was going themselves in there Mini and not bothered if anyone was with them I’d gladly go halves with Fuel etc I’ll even sit quite quietly listening to any music and even drive in what ever car I’ve got to someplace to pick me up.

Just been following your runs for a wee while and they look great fun.

sedgie
9th March 2008, 07:46 PM
Can you take my name off please.....cannot do any runs this year @ mo!:( ....thanks

Craig
9th March 2008, 07:56 PM
Can you take my name off please.....cannot do any runs this year @ mo!:( ....thanks

Bummer...:( Ok, no probs. :)

dicksy
17th April 2008, 04:35 PM
can you put my name down please

Gismo
17th April 2008, 04:40 PM
can you put my name down please
Craigs on holiday this week, so, i'll add your name to the list :thumbs up:

roadrunner
22nd April 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi Craig,

Been away for a bit, but would love to come on the run again. Put me down for this.

Craig
22nd April 2008, 05:10 PM
Hi Craig,

Been away for a bit, but would love to come on the run again. Put me down for this.

no worries , that's you added. Not seen you in AGES...;)

roadrunner
23rd April 2008, 09:42 PM
Work commitments and stuff getting in the way of the fun stuff. Hopefully less demanding this year. Soon you on a run soon.

Crombers
28th April 2008, 08:47 AM
Shift work :frown:

Looking through the diary I'm gonna miss this run, probably some MINI Meets & Andy's Border run :argh: . Raging at this cos both of these runs have some of the best roads/outstanding scenery you will come across.

Can you remove our names from the list please boss.

On the plus side it would appear that all other runs are safe at the mo, so as they once famously sang "Always look on the bright side of life" :)

Craig
28th April 2008, 04:37 PM
Shift work :frown:

Looking through the diary I'm gonna miss this run, probably some MINI Meets & Andy's Border run :argh: . Raging at this cos both of these runs have some of the best roads/outstanding scenery you will come across.

Can you remove our names from the list please boss.

On the plus side it would appear that all other runs are safe at the mo, so as they once famously sang "Always look on the bright side of life" :)

BIG shame man, but you have to pay the bills.. see you on Sat. :smilewinkgrin:

Indy
18th May 2008, 12:49 AM
Add us as Possibles Craig, have put this in a thread on DMR so I'll let you know of any interest. :smilewinkgrin:

Indy
18th May 2008, 11:39 AM
Just looked at my rota and I start days on the monday so its too tight for me. Didn't realise it was on a Sunday.

Craig
18th May 2008, 06:35 PM
Add us as Possibles Craig, have put this in a thread on DMR so I'll let you know of any interest. :smilewinkgrin:

Just looked at my rota and I start days on the monday so its too tight for me. Didn't realise it was on a Sunday.

Thats a shame Chris, nevermind. :smilewinkgrin:

SimonS
18th May 2008, 07:00 PM
Hi, can you add us to the list please.

Is this a 'bring a picnic' run or do we stop somewhere?

Craig
18th May 2008, 08:03 PM
Hi, can you add us to the list please.

Is this a 'bring a picnic' run or do we stop somewhere?

Thats you one the list Simon.... :thumbs up:

We stop for lunch in Oban, it's kinda up to you. We normally have about 1 hr 30 mins in Oban, so you can take a Picnic and have it overlooking Mull, or walk into town and get something there... All up to you. ;)

Indy
22nd May 2008, 01:15 PM
Have had a word on DMR and some are interested in coming back up, but because I can't do the run sunday, it has been suggested that DMR do the run Saturday. So we are. :D

Gonna come up friday again do the run sat and then go back home sunday.

Craig
22nd May 2008, 04:29 PM
Have had a word on DMR and some are interested in coming back up, but because I can't do the run sunday, it has been suggested that DMR do the run Saturday. So we are. :D

Gonna come up friday again do the run sat and then go back home sunday.

Ok Chris....

this gives me a bit of a dilemma.... It would be SUPERB if we could all do the run together, but I know most folk prefer the Sun for runs... Hmmmmm, :confused:

will see what people say as A BIG run for the Argyll & Bute 3 would be awesome. :thumbs up:

Indy
22nd May 2008, 05:19 PM
Its no bother if you cant rearrange, theres only a few interested upto now.

Maybe next year we could sort it together and plan it better.:D As long as it fits in with my rota.:argh:

Craig
22nd May 2008, 05:27 PM
Its no bother if you cant rearrange, theres only a few interested upto now.

Maybe next year we could sort it together and plan it better.:D As long as it fits in with my rota.:argh:

:D yeah, life would be great if we didn't have to work... ;)

Scottie
22nd May 2008, 07:40 PM
thats a shame for you all to come this way and we cant do a one off run for a Saturday. I could swap days as my weekends a free either day.:thumbs up:

Scottie
22nd May 2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Craig just checked and my names not down. Didn't I ask you to my name down.:hand::blush:

Craig
23rd May 2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Craig just checked and my names not down. Didn't I ask you to my name down.:hand::blush:

Nope, but will do now... ;)

mini16-123
17th June 2008, 11:54 PM
Alright craig put me down for this run
cheers roscoe

Craig
18th June 2008, 06:42 AM
Alright craig put me down for this run
cheers roscoe

will do young man. :thumbs up:

weefossy
14th July 2008, 09:30 PM
Craig, we are now be able to make Sun 10th if we can be added. However if it switches to Sat 9th we couldn't.... Does that make sense!!

Craig
14th July 2008, 10:58 PM
Malcolm - it will defo be on Sun 10th Aug. :thumbs up:

I am also changing the route a bit to reduce it's length by about 30 to 40 miles. :yes nod::yes nod:

weefossy
15th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Magic Craig,we're looking forward to it, as we haven't managed the A&B run before, because of holidays.
Hope you ain't shortening it because you think Grannie and Gugga are too old to cope:moonie:

Craig
15th July 2008, 10:57 PM
Magic Craig,we're looking forward to it, as we haven't managed the A&B run before, because of holidays.
Hope you ain't shortening it because you think Grannie and Gugga are too old to cope:moonie:

Not at all old boy, ;) Just it was a really long run (too long I think) and I just wanted a wee change. :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
17th July 2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry but not going to make it, please take our names off the list
Have a good run

N12 JLK
17th July 2008, 08:31 PM
Thank god Mum and Dad are now going we may have all starved, well done to them both, now if I was to say I fancy a wee Tunnocks caramel log then that would be great.:thumbs up:, Im willing to trade in tools

Craig
17th July 2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry but not going to make it, please take our names off the list
Have a good run

Ok, thanks Duncan for letting me know. ;)

Indy
24th July 2008, 02:41 PM
Only three MINIs coming up to do our run on the saturday. :rolleyes:

Two coming up wed and one thursday.

Craig
24th July 2008, 03:33 PM
Only three MINIs coming up to do our run on the saturday. :rolleyes:

Two coming up wed and one thursday.

Ok Chris. Looks like our lot will be doing the run on the Sunday as the vast majority wanted to do it then. Apologies but I have to go with the majority as they have had that date in their diary for months. :blush: Hope you understand. :yes nod:

All going well, I will be on the run with you on Saturday, as long as the prices for fuel don't go any higher... :thumbs up:

For your info the route will be a wee bit shorter this year which will help. ;)

Indy
24th July 2008, 04:12 PM
No worries, I understand why. :D

We may do the full route again though as we love the roads.

Juat incase have you the shorter run notes?

Craig
24th July 2008, 08:12 PM
No worries, I understand why. :D

We may do the full route again though as we love the roads.

Juat incase have you the shorter run notes?

Doing the recce on Monday coming on my day off.... :eyes up:

will send you them via email once I have them done... :thumbs up:

Indy
25th July 2008, 02:23 PM
Cheers big man. :D

I think we will come to the start on Sunday and see you all off before heading home.

Craig
25th July 2008, 10:31 PM
Cheers big man. :D

I think we will come to the start on Sunday and see you all off before heading home.

Cool, sounds like a plan. :thumbs up:

stephen forrest
27th July 2008, 10:10 PM
i will let u know nearer to the time

Craig
28th July 2008, 10:12 AM
i will let u know nearer to the time

no worries ;)

ianking
28th July 2008, 10:17 AM
My god. :eek:
How did this slip the net then eh?

My names not down for this run. I was pretty sure I was down for this but perhaps one of us has forgotten. :blush:

Anyway you had better and me and the woman down for this please.

Craig
28th July 2008, 10:37 AM
My god. :eek:
How did this slip the net then eh?

My names not down for this run. I was pretty sure I was down for this but perhaps one of us has forgotten. :blush:

Anyway you had better and me and the woman down for this please.

didn't want to mention it yesterday....:blush: You were a about to be nicknamed Marky.... :eek::Whistle:;)

That's you and your "woman" added. :thumbs up:

ianking
28th July 2008, 11:06 AM
Well I was going about saying to everyone that I will see them in 2 weeks. Looked at my diary at work here and it is written in 'mini run' on the 10th Aug.

I must have just forgotten to actually add muy name down.
You can pretty much take it as read that if there is a mini run I will be there.

neilzo
29th July 2008, 09:19 PM
i will be there also butt would anybody want sum up front company ? as i will be in jason's mini

neil

N12 JLK
29th July 2008, 09:29 PM
i will be there also butt would anybody want sum up front company ? as i will be in jason's mini

neil

Neil I think what you mean to say is that Lesley will be up front with me and Kerr in the back, If anyone would like an upfront passenger then Neil would be good company but just watch your jewellery as he is from the Nauld.

stephen forrest
29th July 2008, 09:30 PM
lol

neilzo
29th July 2008, 09:59 PM
haha didnt no wat to say

Colin
29th July 2008, 11:14 PM
Neil I think what you mean to say is that Lesley will be up front with me and Kerr in the back, If anyone would like an upfront passenger then Neil would be good company but just watch your jewellery as he is from the Nauld.

I knew what he meant Uncle Jas :eyes up:

If your any good at reading the run notes Neil you can be my co-driver for the day :thumbs up:

neilzo
29th July 2008, 11:25 PM
yehh sure thing that be good cheers:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
30th July 2008, 12:01 PM
I'll just follow you then Colin and if we get lost we can blame Neil......

Colin
30th July 2008, 12:54 PM
I'll just follow you then Colin and if we get lost we can blame Neil......

Sounds like a cunning plan Mmmwwaaa Haha :Whistle:;)

D3 JDA
30th July 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi There Folks We Enjoyed The Run On The 27th July That Much Can You Put Our Names Down For The Run On The 10th Aug Argyle And Bute.thanx David And Fiona.

Craig
31st July 2008, 07:28 AM
Hi There Folks We Enjoyed The Run On The 27th July That Much Can You Put Our Names Down For The Run On The 10th Aug Argyle And Bute.thanx David And Fiona.

Good Stuff David and Fiona, thats you added. :thumbs up:

Craig
31st July 2008, 05:06 PM
Cooperman - got the PM.

that's you both added. Look forward to seeing you... :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
31st July 2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a cunning plan Mmmwwaaa Haha :Whistle:;)

Well I blamed him last weekend when we forgot about that left turn:rolleyes:

neilzo
31st July 2008, 06:57 PM
wat eva:p

stephen forrest
31st July 2008, 07:29 PM
that was just funny i new some one would miss the turning

Craig
31st July 2008, 08:38 PM
OK folks, just a quick update... ;)

I have not done the recce yet due to work and other runs, however it WILL be getting done on Sat (as it is the only day left :thud:). Will put up the run notes shortly thereafter. :smilewinkgrin:

Fingers crossed for good weather on Sat... :cool:

ELFMAN
4th August 2008, 12:14 PM
Is there a quick 'meet' at Stirling Services before we go on to Callander? Sorry if I've missed this somewhere.

Craig
4th August 2008, 12:19 PM
Is there a quick 'meet' at Stirling Services before we go on to Callander? Sorry if I've missed this somewhere.

There will be Elfman, just not had time to fix it up yet. Still trying to get the notes re-written, but just been told I have to go to Aberdeen now and stay over... :argh::argh: Just home packing.. ;)

ELFMAN
4th August 2008, 02:22 PM
No rest for the wicked eh Craig? (Chance to be wicked would be a fine thing....)
Just give us a time and the gang'll be there.

Indy
5th August 2008, 02:18 PM
We are heading up to Scotland tomorrow. :D

What time you starting the run Sunday? So we can come and see you setting off.:D

Craig
5th August 2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Chris,

we will be leaving at 10:00hrs on Sunday, meeting from 09:30hrs onwards in Callander at the same car park as you left from last year... :smilewinkgrin:

Still not got the run notes done... might have to do them tomorrow... :argh::argh::argh:

stephen forrest
5th August 2008, 07:52 PM
hi craig

i wont be able to make it i am going out on sat night for shelleys b day but will be and the next run

Colin
5th August 2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Chris,

we will be leaving at 10:00hrs on Sunday, meeting from 09:30hrs onwards in Callander at the same car park as you left from last year... :smilewinkgrin:

Still not got the run notes done... might have to do them tomorrow... :argh::argh::argh:

I'm on holiday this week Craig, if you need help with a recce let me know:thumbs up:

Indy
5th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Chris,

See you there then.:D

We are gonna use old run notes on Saturday anyway.:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
5th August 2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks Colin - I had done the recce, just not had time to get the notes re-written, although they are now... just have to wait on BS or Andy hosting them for me now... :eyes up::Whistle:

Chris - enjoy yourself on Sat, might pop up to see you guys away, won't be able to come on the run with you on Sat as I am skint, but could pop up to Callander to see the gang. :thumbs up:

First Post updated with more info.:cool:

Craig
5th August 2008, 09:30 PM
hi craig

i wont be able to make it i am going out on sat night for shelleys b day but will be and the next run

No Worries Stephen, thanks for letting me know.. :thumbs up:

Gismo
5th August 2008, 09:37 PM
just have to wait on BS or Andy hosting them for me now... :eyes up::Whistle:sheesh, all done :computer:
Edit: well, they were done :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
5th August 2008, 09:56 PM
DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2008/argyle_and_bute_2008.pdf)

A.:thumbs up:

Craig
5th August 2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks Andy - at least you remembered the disclaimer... :blush::Whistle:

Gismo
5th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Andy - at least you remembered the disclaimer... :blush::Whistle:Just as well you've got a secretary who can type :moonie:

mini16-123
6th August 2008, 09:39 PM
alright craig have book last minute flights to spain sorry wont make the run

Craig
6th August 2008, 10:05 PM
alright craig have book last minute flights to spain sorry wont make the run

No Worries Roscoe - enjoy the sunshine. :thumbs up:

Craig
7th August 2008, 05:32 PM
Still have space on this run on Sunday if anybody fancies a great run out in the Scottish Countryside. :thumbs up:

Can I ask please to check the first post and if you have your name down and cannot now make it, please let me know, just so that we are not left waiting on your arriving :nag::moonie::rolleyes:;)

There may be the possibility of a magazine arriving to do a piece, but I still need this to be confirmed. :thumbs up:

Weather not looking great for the weekend, but what do they know.,. Never get the forecast right. :argh::moonie:

Bumble
7th August 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm fighting a cold at the mo Craig - hoping it clears in time for the weekend :frown:

Craig
7th August 2008, 09:28 PM
I'm fighting a cold at the mo Craig - hoping it clears in time for the weekend :frown:

no worries Lynn, hope you get well soon... :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
8th August 2008, 02:03 PM
Lynn - we'll bring extra hankies!

Craig - Is there a meet @ Stirling Services, or will we just head straight for Callander? No worries either way. looking forward to it.

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Craig,

Sorry but, as discussed earlier, we will now have to pull out of this run as we can't get a doggy sitter.:frown:

Hope you all have a great day!:D

L & A

Craig
8th August 2008, 04:59 PM
Craig - Is there a meet @ Stirling Services, or will we just head straight for Callander? No worries either way. looking forward to it.

Yeah and your already on the list..:smilewinkgrin:

Thread HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15231)

Craig
8th August 2008, 05:00 PM
Craig,

Sorry but, as discussed earlier, we will now have to pull out of this run as we can't get a doggy sitter.:frown:

Hope you all have a great day!:D

L & A

OK, understand - sorry it didn't work out for you. :frown:

See you on the 19th. :thumbs up:

tonyjac
9th August 2008, 09:01 AM
hi craig sorry but i'm going to have to pull out out of tomorows run :frown:work related matters sorry!

SimonS
9th August 2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry to add to the list, but we are going to have to miss tomorrow too.

Craig
9th August 2008, 10:50 AM
hi craig sorry but i'm going to have to pull out out of tomorows run :frown:work related matters sorry!

Sorry to add to the list, but we are going to have to miss tomorrow too.

Ok guys, sorry to can't make it... :popcorn:

Bumble
9th August 2008, 12:36 PM
:D i'm topping myself up with lemsip and it seems to be working ...

Ivano
9th August 2008, 01:39 PM
Not been on for a while and totally forgot about this. I'm on Hols for 2 weeks so i won't be there i'm afraid..

Sorry to let you down Craig.

Crombers
9th August 2008, 02:38 PM
All the best for tomorrow Craig/guys & gals

If it's your first A&B your in for a cracking run & for those who have been before you'll know what I mean

When I wake up from my nightshift tomorrow afternoon I'll/we'll be quietly miffed that we are missing out

Have a blast :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
9th August 2008, 03:43 PM
my goodness the list of cars is getting smaller for the run:frown:, you'll all miss a great day out in the rain:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2008, 04:38 PM
my goodness the list of cars is getting smaller for the run:frown:, you'll all miss a great day out in the rain:thumbs up:

We would have been there if we could, but have no-one to look after oor wee dog...... unless you are offering.;):D

Craig
9th August 2008, 04:54 PM
:D i'm topping myself up with lemsip and it seems to be working ...

Well Done Lynn - thats the spirit...! :thumbs up:

Hope you get a good nights sleep ;)

Craig
9th August 2008, 04:55 PM
Not been on for a while and totally forgot about this. I'm on Hols for 2 weeks so i won't be there i'm afraid..

Sorry to let you down Craig.

Ok Ivan, no worries, prob see you on another run soon. :yes nod:

Neil and Lorna
9th August 2008, 05:36 PM
Craig.

We will probably go straight to Callander and meet up with you guys there.
Unless we are really early and we will pop into Stirling services, but don't wait up for us.

See ya ramoro.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna.:D

Gismo
9th August 2008, 05:38 PM
We would have been there if we could, but have no-one to look after oor wee dog...... unless you are offering.;):DWhy can't you take it with you??

ELFMAN
9th August 2008, 07:55 PM
Lynn - surely as 'Bumble' you should be on some honey-related remedy? Or is that cannibalism?

Sorry for the folks not making it - it'll be a good one! See Y'all tomorrow, rain or shine.

Scottie
9th August 2008, 07:57 PM
Managed to squeeze a wee spit and polish in to the car treated her to some Swisswax BOS. Now all tucked up in the garage ready for tomorrow.

Mind you don't know why I bothered it will be rained on before I get to Torwood looking at the weather forecast.:ragin::ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2008, 10:01 PM
Why can't you take it with you??

He's a fairly large dog. A Samoyed. He's a couple of weeks shy of his 15th birthday. He's very frail, doesn't travel well and gets extremely panicked on any car trips over a few miles and is for the most part fecally(sp?) incontinent. I wouldn't even want my Mum and Dad to look after him, because he just requires too much nursing care.

Basically we're just nursing him through his old age. If I'm honest we're surprised he's made it this long.

You did ask.:hand:

A.:D

ELFMAN
9th August 2008, 10:15 PM
'He's very frail, doesn't travel well and gets extremely panicked on any car trips over a few miles.

Andy, too bad, poor old thing. But now you know how I sometimes feel on a run. Sorry you can't make it - I didn't get a chance to blether with you Re. your JCW210 upgrade - next time.

Craig
9th August 2008, 10:35 PM
Craig.

We will probably go straight to Callander and meet up with you guys there.
Unless we are really early and we will pop into Stirling services, but don't wait up for us.

See ya ramoro.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna.:D

No Worries Neil - see you in Callander. :thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna
10th August 2008, 06:53 AM
Well were up.

The sun is shining, but I think that will go down hill fast as we head West.:thud:

Anyway sees you all soon.:D

Neil.

Bumble
10th August 2008, 07:55 AM
Well I've tried my best to get better ....... but I've feel like I've a head full of spaners - I'm gutted! Going to have 2 submit to defeat on this one ; sorry!

Craig
10th August 2008, 08:16 AM
Well I've tried my best to get better ....... but I've feel like I've a head full of spaners - I'm gutted! Going to have 2 submit to defeat on this one ; sorry!

thats a shame Lynn - get yersel back into bed with yer lemsip and we will see you in a couple of weeks.

Get well soon :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
10th August 2008, 07:58 PM
Just been fed and watered after todays run. The weather was very kind to us and brilliant sunshine greeted us at Oban.

That road you took us on The Glen Orchy road was excellent Craig:thumbs up::thumbs up: has to go down in the top five NMS roads.

I don't know about anyone else but the number of cars that attended the run today was just the right :cool:

I know most of you who organise runs like a good turn out, but for me the smaller the number the better the fun seemed to be a more relaxed atmosphere today and you get to talk to everyone.

Here are some pics of the runners and riders from today minus Craig and I cars. More pics to follow.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-88.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-89.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-90.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-91.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-92.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-93.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-94.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-95.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-96.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-97.jpg

Scottie
10th August 2008, 08:02 PM
Stoney making a splash!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-17.jpg

Jason's car looking shiny
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-21.jpg

Group photo
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-22.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-24.jpg

Who needs to be towing a caravan to get a big q behind them
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-62.jpg

Scottie
10th August 2008, 08:15 PM
Some of the roads, views and sites that we all saw on the run today.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-29.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-33.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-35.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-37.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-74.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-75.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-77.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-85.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/LastRoll-86.jpg

Gismo
10th August 2008, 08:25 PM
Excellent pics Fi (Allan :rolleyes:)
Looks like i missed a very scenic route :eek:

Scottie
10th August 2008, 08:31 PM

actually I took some of the pictures today.:hand::hand::p

Gismo
10th August 2008, 08:37 PM
actually I took some of the pictures today.:hand::hand::pOops :blush: nice work Allan (Fi :thumbs up:)

Craig
10th August 2008, 09:01 PM

Yes you did, and so did a LOT of other people... ;)

Craig
10th August 2008, 09:05 PM
I would just like to say thanks to everyone that came along today - it was indeed a GREAT Day. :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up: To those that got in touch to say they couldn't make it, I'm gutted for you as I think it was one of the best runs ever. :yes nod::yes nod:

For those that didn't turn up or let me know....:moonie:

Neil - hope you werent' too scared after your run in my car, your welcome anytime... maybe better to wear darker trousers the next time... ;)

We had 4 seasons in 1 day, but that just adds to the pleasure of MINI runs. :cool:

See you all on Stoney's Picnic Run. ;bigwave:

Stewart
10th August 2008, 09:06 PM
Again this looked fantastic fun,:thumbs up: I’ll maybe try and make one of these runs yet. Great pic’s…………At least I have the Mini now as I’ve been on here for what seems ages before I got it.

Just have to learn to relax and drive it, bit of Capt Slow just now. :eyes up:

ianking
10th August 2008, 09:22 PM
Great day out had by Sarah and I. Many thanks indeed Craig.

weefossy
10th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Craig, Great day out, some really smashing roads and scenery. I'm off to bed, cause up early in morning. Took some photos, but think Fi's covered everything I captured. All the best, Mom & Dad.
Looking forward to the pinic run.:thumbs up:

Colin
10th August 2008, 09:32 PM
Another cracking run Craig :thumbs up:

Weather turned out fine in the end, these weather people know nothing :D.

Great roads and scenery, and a good chance to clear my cars throat after sitting in the garage for so long.

I'll see all the usual suspects on the picnic run :cool:

Some pics of today's run....

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2508.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2509.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2512.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2513.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2514.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2515.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2524.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2525.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2531.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2533.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2534.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2535.jpg

Colin
10th August 2008, 09:34 PM
More pics...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2540.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2541.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2542.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2545.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2546.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/CCM_album/IMG_2548.jpg

N12 JLK
10th August 2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks to Craig for a fantastic day and for letting Neil ride up front (ooohh err Mrs).

Weather was kind to us and saw some cracking scenery. Sun was out in Oban for our wee picnic and it teamed it down shortly afterwards. Good Scottish weather.

Nice to meet some new peeps, all the way from North Inverness, hope you enjoy your night at Eddie's. Hope you had a great birthday Gers444.

Great pics Colin and Alan and Fiona, liked your post about the birdie poo poo. Could not have happened to a nicer person:moonie:

See you all in 2 weeks.

ELFMAN
10th August 2008, 09:55 PM
BIG thanks to Craig for taking us once again on roads which could have been made for our cars. A great day out which saw great scenery and every sort of weather - I even managed to get a bit of sunburn!

Thanks to Sarah for taking me to the toilet in Oban (it's not as bad as it sounds, even though we did get soaked....), to Stoney for the loan of the radio which was great for the PopQuiz and Singalongs with Malcolm & Sioban. Great photos from the Scottiedoopers and Colin too. (I must find out how to post foties). Colin's new motor was looking (and sounding) good and thanks to Jason and the gang for being 'Rear Gunners' for the day. I agree that today's number of cars was just about right, smaller runs are a bit more relaxing, but all NMS runs seem to work out pretty well.

If you were there today, thanks for your company once again, if you missed it - you missed a cracker! I even had the energy to wash the car when I got home - must have been that greasy but tasty fish supper in Oban....

Bumble
10th August 2008, 09:57 PM
I'm more gutted now .... dratty lurgie! Looks like you all had a great run - I'm going to keep my run notes and do it myself; was really looking forward to this one too!

Smitty
10th August 2008, 10:05 PM
Looks like an awesome run :thumbs up:

I can vouch for the 4 seasons in one day....what a strange country we live in!! :moonie::smilewinkgrin:

Craig
10th August 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments. :blush:

I've said it before, if the people didn't turn up for these runs, it wouldn't be the fantastic time it was.. :thumbs up:

I have to admit that with 11 cars, for me it was much easier and more enjoyable. :yes nod: I won't stop doing runs with 30+ cars, but the smaller amounts make it more enjoyable for me. ;)

Bumble, really sorry for you that you couldn't make it, I would try and do the run before the winter as some of the roads may be impassable in the winter. :smilewinkgrin:

I am now looking forward to getting my new Spots and Spotlamp bar fitted soon. (thanks to Colin and his Dad) :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Scottie
10th August 2008, 10:10 PM
I am now looking forward to getting my new Spots and Spotlamp bar fitted soon. (thanks to Colin and his Dad) :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig didn't they tell you !! Junior and Senior are powder coating them black and fitting them to my Mini.:shut up::p;);bigwave:;bigwave:

Craig
10th August 2008, 10:16 PM
Craig didn't they tell you !! Junior and Senior are powder coating them black and fitting them to my Mini.:shut up::p;);bigwave:;bigwave:

aye right....! be a bit hard as I still have to spots in my garage... :smilewinkgrin:

neilzo
10th August 2008, 10:19 PM
thanks for letting me sit upfront with u craig that was great thanks again:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
10th August 2008, 10:22 PM
thanks for letting me sit upfront with u craig that was great thanks again:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Nae worries young man - as I said, your welcome anytime Mrs D doesn't make it. ;) Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2008, 10:57 PM
Looked like a terrific run as the Argyl & Bute circle always is. Gutted we missed it, but can't be helped.:ragin: Glad you all had a good time.:D

Re: Run numbers, it's true that the smaller the number of folk on runs the easier and less stressful it is for the organiser, and to a certain extent, more sociable. At the same time, it's good to see the spectacle of 30+ cars on a run. But like Craig, we'll still be organising runs regardless of the numbers turning up.:thumbs up:

A.:D

stoney
11th August 2008, 06:23 AM
brill day brill pics will see you all in 2 weeks

Stewart
11th August 2008, 11:42 AM
Scottie your pics….

Third pic down were is that? Is it the swing park at Aberfoyle?

And pic thirteen? Looks dead on the Road that was in restless natives. :thumbs up:

Craig
11th August 2008, 05:01 PM
Scottie your pics….

Third pic down were is that? Is it the swing park at Aberfoyle?

And pic thirteen? Looks dead on the Road that was in restless natives. :thumbs up:

The Third Pic is a wee stop in Glen Orchy....

The Thirteenth Pic is in Glen Douglas....

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

neilzo
11th August 2008, 10:22 PM
sum craking scenerys aswell craig

Stewart
12th August 2008, 09:00 AM
The Third Pic is a wee stop in Glen Orchy....

The Thirteenth Pic is in Glen Douglas....

:thumbs up::thumbs up:
Been on many of the roads but don’t think I’ve been in Glen Douglas all I know is if you go down the wrong road up there you may get Shot…….:cool:

Indy
12th August 2008, 08:13 PM
Looks like you had a better run than us. Some great pics there guys.:thumbs up:

Heres my pics from our visit to Scotland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrishamilton69/sets/72157606689995132/

Neil and Lorna
12th August 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks Craig for yet another great run.:thumbs up:

Lorna and I had a great time.:D

Excellent pics from all who's posted them up.:yes nod:

Bring on the next run.:D

Neil and Lorna. :smilewinkgrin:

N12 JLK
13th August 2008, 08:42 PM
sum craking scenerys aswell craig

Mr McMillan, do you know how to use spell check? This is not text speak you know:hand::hand::thumbs up:

I will be having to speak to Auntie Janice.:D