PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Wax

Craig
18th January 2008, 11:27 PM
what's the most durable wheel wax that will stop the rubbish sticking to the wheels and make them easier to clean.? :)

not bothered about make, other than over priced megripuoffuirs:rolleyes: ;)

FergusM
18th January 2008, 11:49 PM
I tried "poorboys" wheel sealant...still hard to clean. Though, put on from new so will have to try removing it and seeing if any worse... certainly not that impressed, though could be down to the design of the alloys that makes it sooo hard to clean.

AndyP & Lenore
19th January 2008, 12:14 AM
I used this Menzerna Gel wheel cleaner (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/menzerna-gel-7-5-wheel-&-tyre-cleaner-wheels.html) today for the first time.

Impressed with the way it got rid of a lot of the yellowing patches and tar and all sorts of cr@p on the FL2's wheels. It did a very good job on the MINIs' wheels too, but they were already in very good nick.

For wheel "wax" I have an Alloy Wheel Sealant from Jewelultra, which I've used on the R109's. Haven't used it on anything else yet. Does a very good job of keeping the wheels clean and shiny. I've only applied it twice since purchase. It's not a specific product to go with the Diamondbrite paint protection, it's a perfectly good standalone product.;)

A.:D

ianking
19th January 2008, 12:46 AM
I use poorboys wheel sealant. I have had no bother with it and the keeping of my wheels clean although I do generally clean them every week.

vintageb3
19th January 2008, 12:57 AM
I use poorboys too...it seems to be OK...more coats the better they say..

mark

FergusM
19th January 2008, 01:06 AM
Must just be my alloys then...takes me as long to clean the wheels as the rest of the car.

Craig
19th January 2008, 11:44 AM
poorboys seems to be getting the best reviews and the car normally gets cleaned once a week, so it should be the best for the job..

want to get it before the new summer wheels get put on and get a good few coats on so they are easier to keep clean. :D :D

thanks for the responses.:)

RyanK
21st January 2008, 12:57 AM
I use the Menzerna 7.5 stuff & Poorboys Wheel Sealant. With my wheels being black anyway..theres no need!