PDA

View Full Version : Dumfries to Mull of Galloway to Dunkeld 7/5/05

Willie M
1st March 2004, 05:12 PM
Sat 7th May - Early start(9am?) Arrive at meeting point (Dumfries) Drive down to Mull of Galloway (most Southerly point of the Scottish mainland) then turn around and head North to Dunkeld. Overnight stop in Dunkeld (Royal Dunkeld Hotel?).

Note: The meeting point in Dumfries is approx 2 hours drive from Stirling. Given the distance some folks may wish to stopover on the Friday night for the Saturday morning start. There is a Travel Inn and a Travelodge not far from the intended start point.

Numbers will be limited to 15 cars due to the logistics and distances involved.

Accommodation and evening meal has been arranged for the evening of Saturday 7th May at the Royal Dunkeld Hotel (Dunkeld).

** UPDATE by weefossy **
Can I ask everybody on the page 1 list, including reserves, to confirm they are still up for this run.

The chosen 15 can go ahead and book their accommodation at the Royal Dunkeld Hotel by telephoning 01350 727322. Mention NMS, as Willie has agreed a super package with the hotel, for dinner, bed and breakfast at £40 per person for the 9 twin rooms in the annex and £50 for the 6 rooms in the hotel. It’s “first come first served” and there is a £15 single supplement, so some peps may want to organise to share. Once you have booked can you confirm to me by e mail and I will collate it all.

Full run notes are available for DOWNLOAD HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/Dumfries.doc)

Run List
01. The Weefossies (Hotel booked)
02. Elfman (Hotel booked)
03. Duncan & Helen (Hotel booked)
04. Duncan (Hotel booked)
05. Neil & Lorna (Hotel booked)
07. Steven3 (to be confirmed)
09. Zimbo (???)
10. Jane & Carl (???)
11. Nenah (???)
12. KJ innit (maybes aye, maybes naw)

Part Runners
01. Scottiecoop
02. X30YES
03. Allen & Tricia
04. bad dog mini (possible part run)

** SPACES AVAILIABLE - if you're interested let us know, first come first served **[

Julz
1st March 2004, 05:21 PM
Sounds great, and if you need any help with recces etc., give me a shout!!;):D

macblob
1st March 2004, 05:41 PM
Nice one Willie, count me and Martina in

Duncan Stewart
1st March 2004, 05:42 PM
Excellent sounding run Willie. Sign up Helen and I. Happy to help out if there is anything I can do.

Burple
1st March 2004, 08:41 PM
Oh yes..
Nice one Willie..
Count me in right now, and if you need any help organising anything at all, gimme a shout :D:D

Linda M
1st March 2004, 10:56 PM
How come I don't know anything about this :eek::question:

Kirsty
1st March 2004, 11:08 PM
Me too, me too!!! Also happy to offer an extra pair of hands if needed!!!

zimbo
2nd March 2004, 02:14 AM
Yup put me down too... :D

broken_brian
2nd March 2004, 02:17 AM
me too me too :D:D another excuse to embarass the works coop s Drivers hee hee :clown::p:D

Gismo
2nd March 2004, 04:40 AM
Aye go on then :) looks like you've got enough offers of help ;) Julz is even gonna have a recess for ya, must be taking time off her course work :p

Julz
2nd March 2004, 04:48 AM
I've only got 12 weeks left, then I fail properly!!!:p

Gismo
2nd March 2004, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
I've only got 12 weeks left, then I fail properly!!!:p
Sounds great, and if you need any help with recces etc., give me a shout!!I think you missed my way off topic point :p

Willie M
2nd March 2004, 04:50 PM
Wow :eek: Certianly encouraged by the initial responses and thanks to everyone who has offered help. You can be sure I'll probably call on one or two of you to lend a hand as time go's on.

It's certainly going to be quite a big beast to pull together and I need to start getting it out of my head and onto paper, maps, etc :)

Stay tuned to the 1st Post in the thread as it will contain all the latest info and news as it happens.

I realise that it's a long way off as yet but I'll start a provisional list of those who have indicated they would like to go. I know that your circumstances may change between now and then but I'm going to cap the number at 15 cars, so it's very much first come fisrt served. If numbers / interest continue to grow we will start a reserve list so that if one of the initial 15 pull out then the place will go to first on the reserve list.

duncan
2nd March 2004, 05:55 PM
Well although i've not seen the fixture list for next season, i'll say i'll be there.
(crosses fingers, and hopes for an away game against a diddy team)

Fontal
2nd March 2004, 07:49 PM
Go on put me down for this run Willie, I know it's a long way for me to come but i've done it before and I can use this for my annual trip to the mainland :D plus it will be a nice trip home through Orkney

Cheers Richard

Willie M
2nd March 2004, 09:18 PM
Good on ya Richard, you know it makes sense ;):D
That's yourself and Mr. Satelite added.

Julz
2nd March 2004, 10:47 PM
You've forgotten me:(

Duncan Stewart
3rd March 2004, 12:58 AM
You must be the invisible number 5. on the list Julz ;)

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 01:11 AM

You've forgotten me:(

:I Sincerest apologies Julz, I dunno how I managed that :I

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd March 2004, 01:43 AM
Just a wee point....

The Mull of Galloway is a 3 hour+ drive from the central belt so I assume you'll be staying over in Port Patrick/Drumore area the night before the event aswell? This would mean three nights accomodation.

Sadly it's unlikely I'll make it on this one just now :(

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 04:13 AM
I'd been pondering that one Calum. The meeting point is more than likely going to be a Travelodge / Travel Inn type of place (Killie, Ayr, Dumfries) so it's certainly feasible that some folks may wish to stop there the night before and start fresh.

The meeting point would actually be further North, then proceed South to M.O.G. do the 'real' start there and then head forever North :) There's a chance the finish at Dunnet Head may even spill over into the Monday. Still a lot of research & Planning to be done.

Fair point though :)
Oh, and never say never Calum, you may just make this run ;) You could hide under a travel rug in my back seat, I'm sure Shirley would never notice :approve:

Linda M
3rd March 2004, 04:56 AM
Doing the recce for this is going to be 'so' much fun :sleepy::clown: And I can't even go :mad::clown:

weefossy
3rd March 2004, 06:00 AM
Just caught up with this Thread. Sounds a great idea. Can you put Sioban and I on the list.Let me know if we can be of any help. Doesn't sound fair that Linda's missing this one.

Willie M
3rd March 2004, 07:18 AM
:D I was kinda wondering where you and Sioban had got to Malcolm. I somehow thought that this one may appeal to you guys :cool:
Cosider yourself added.

Gismo
3rd March 2004, 12:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M
Doing the recce for this is going to be 'so' much fun :sleepy::clown: And I can't even go :mad::clown:Boo, why are you not managing to go then Linda :evil: car booked in for some more mods :p

Linda M
3rd March 2004, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Boo, why are you not managing to go then Linda :evil:

Now you know fine we have a doggy and now we're living away from family Willie and I can't get away together (seperate holidays :D:D:D). The dog will be getting dragged along for the 20 recces my husband has planned though :eek::sleepy::clown:

Fontal
3rd March 2004, 10:13 PM
Shame, no chance of a doggy sitter then ;)

Big Col
4th March 2004, 12:23 AM
Hey I'll tag along for any reccies...

Oh...I'm also up for the run too (since lnl owes me a beer ;):D)

Burple
4th March 2004, 12:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Curses... you remembered... ;);)
heh heh heh :D

Willie M
4th March 2004, 04:12 PM

Duly noted (on both counts). Good lad Col, I've added you to the list :cool:

ELFMAN
5th March 2004, 01:29 AM
Willie, am I too late to put in for this one?
Always the last to know..... Now there's a song in there somewhere.....

If you can think of anything useful for me to do, give me a shout. (Driving over cliffs etc excluded).

Linda M
5th March 2004, 01:58 AM
I'll put you on the list ELFMAN and then the reserve list will need to start :eek:

minidriver#1
5th March 2004, 02:05 AM
crap! i thought i was on the list already. put me down on the reserves i guess :( lol

phantom
16th March 2004, 04:10 AM
Can I go on Reserve list as well with Alison, please. 8)

minidriver#1
16th March 2004, 05:54 AM
Willie, could you take me off the list altogether please?

Willie M
16th March 2004, 04:39 PM
Phantom, KJ.
You're requests are duly noted. 1st post updated.

phantom
17th March 2004, 04:07 AM
Thank you :D :D

Tahra
18th March 2004, 10:40 PM
Somehow I never noticed the 2005 bit when I read this a while back and as it was already filled up at the time thought nothing more of it....but if you wouldn't mind Willie can you put me n' J down for the reserves. Cheers.

Willie M
19th March 2004, 04:27 PM
Consider it done Tahra & J :cool:

Willie M
23rd March 2004, 04:40 PM
** Update to 1st post **
Once this weekend's out of the way I should have some time to start doing some more detailed planning on this one. I've spent a little time working out some routes on Autoroute and have a basic plan which we'll hopefully recce out over the coming months.

It is more than definite that the initial meeting point on Saturday morning will be around Dumfries. The most difficult part of the whole run is getting to the start at Mull of Galloway, some interesting roads down there I'm sure ;)

It looks like some folks may wish to stopover on the Friday night somewhere as Dumfries is about a 2 hour drive from Stirling. There is a Travel Inn and a Travelodge near to the proposed meeting point.Please take this into consideration when you're planning your run budgets folks ;):)

Also looks like there could be one distillery tour on the way North :approve:

Anyway, I'm remembering all those who've offered to help on this one, I'm sure I'll be calling on you as the run evolves.

Note I realise it's very early in the planning stages for this one but, given that the 15 slots are taken and the reserve list has started. If anyone changes their mind or has to draw out for any reason, please give as much notice as you can, thus freeing up a space for one of the willing reserves. Thank you.

Craig
17th April 2004, 01:14 AM
Just got round to catching up on all the news etc and noticed this run. Very interested in the run, so could you please add myself and jude to the reserve list. Again, if you need any help with organising/recce etc, then just let me know (even if I don't make the participants.)

cheers

Craig

Willie M
19th April 2004, 03:28 PM
No problem Craig, that's you & Jude added :cool:

Julz
19th April 2004, 04:02 PM
:(Would I be banned if I turned up in a car that isn't a mini??:( BabyB might be sold by then:(:(:( (depends on how long I can put it off for, but aiming to sell her next spring!!:(:()

Gismo
19th April 2004, 05:45 PM
Willie, any dates planned??? just remembered as it's looming now, i ALWAYS go on a golfing holiday the last week of May :eek:

Willie M
19th April 2004, 08:46 PM

:(Would I be banned if I turned up in a car that isn't a mini??:(
:eek::eek: Horror. I guess you're going to have to be 'really' nice to me between now and the run then Julz ;):D I will have to go and consult the NMS run guidelines rulebook (page 474, clause 18b, subsection 4) and see if any allowances can be made ;)

Willie M
19th April 2004, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Willie, any dates planned??? just remembered as it's looming now, i ALWAYS go on a golfing holiday the last week of May :eek:

Haven't opted for a final date yet Alan but I will make every effort to avoid the last week in May (I'm still waiting for that drink you owe me ;)). I'm probably going to go for weekend after the May weekend break though. Should make hotels, etc. a wee bit easier if we stay away from the traditional holiday weekend.

Julz
19th April 2004, 08:54 PM
I'm still at the point of not wanting to sell her, but by next year, for praticality she may have to go!!:(:( (typed with a wee tear in each eye!!)

Monsta Mo Mini
19th April 2004, 09:47 PM
Something you'd like to share with us????? ;)

Julz
19th April 2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah, can't go to Tescos and buy anymore than the equivalent of 3 shopping bags or she grounds!! If we go anywhere with friends we always have to take their car, hhhmmmmmm, handy (beeeer)!!:p That and i feel like a monkey in a zoo with all the attention she gets!! <oo-oo-oo, wanna be like you-oo-oo>;)

Willie M
29th April 2004, 03:45 PM
ATTENTION ALL RUNNERS & RESERVES
Okay folks, it's decision time. It's time to set a definite date for this one.I have 2 proposals and will go with the one that suits the majority of folks. If it's a draw the organisers decision will be final ;)

Please post and let me know what your preference would be:
A) Sat 14th May - Mon 16th May 2005
B) Sat 7th May - Mon 9th May 2005

Remember that we will be departing Dumfries around 9am on the Saturday morning so some of you may want to look at stopping over on the Friday night before.

And finally, a wee spot of potential good news for the reserves. I note that some of the confirmed runners may not be MINI owners when this run takes place next year. It looks like some places may become available ;)

Fontal
29th April 2004, 04:12 PM
A for me please Willie

Gismo
29th April 2004, 04:20 PM
A for me :evil:;)

Burple
29th April 2004, 05:53 PM
Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww.... Nooooooooooooooo....
I *Definitely* can't make the one starting the 14th :(:(:(, cos I'll be at a wedding in Belfast!! :D:D:cool:

Jeez...I'm actually prepared for something in the future ...I need a wee seat to cope!;):D:cool:

duncan
29th April 2004, 07:34 PM
A is good for me.

Duncan Stewart
29th April 2004, 10:21 PM
A or B is Ok with Helen & I but we prefer A

phantom
30th April 2004, 03:27 AM
I'm easy, A is good, I know I,m only a reserve so whatever goes is OK for us, heres hoping.:p

weefossy
30th April 2004, 03:42 AM
Willie, so far in advance, either date is possible for us.

Brushy
30th April 2004, 05:28 PM
Please add us to the reserve list Willie..................(note to self, come here more often Mart)

Tahra
30th April 2004, 08:04 PM
Either would be okay, though B is likely to combine a weird long holiday weekend we get....Civil Service x Scotland x Royal Commision = long weekend at end of May instead of holiday Mondays !

Willie M
30th April 2004, 09:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Brushy

Please add us to the reserve list Willie..................(note to self, come here more often Mart)
I was actually about to phone you about this one Martin ;)
That's you added :cool:

Willie M
4th May 2004, 03:40 PM
** IMPORTANT **
Okay, I made a complete bo**ox of the proposed dates :I:clown: Turns out I can't manage Sat 21st May - Mon 23rd May 2005 8):I

Please re-read Post 4, Page 4.

If you could all be good enough to re-indicate your preference please. (A), (B) or either. Thank you.

Hey, at least I'm helping you increase your post count ;):clown:

Fontal
4th May 2004, 04:50 PM
Im easy both dates are ok for me :)

Gismo
4th May 2004, 05:23 PM
B Please :)

Duncan Stewart
4th May 2004, 06:50 PM
A or B fine for Helen & I but I think option B (7th to 9th) will probably be the bank holiday weekend next year - unless anyone knows better :I :clown: :question:
Option B - good because we have the Monday holiday, bad because hotels and (more importantly ;)) the roads will be busy
Option A - Roads less busy :D, but need to use holiday days

Burple
4th May 2004, 06:53 PM
Still would definitely have to be 'B' for me... :D

broken_brian
4th May 2004, 10:43 PM
i'll have a b please bob ;)

heh heh

phantom
5th May 2004, 03:54 AM
Only a reserve but either dates are fine for us:D

Tahra
17th May 2004, 04:14 PM
Either is fine at the mo - my calender is blank after December......

GAJ
17th May 2004, 04:23 PM
I'm OK for either I think.

weefossy
18th May 2004, 05:01 AM
Easy Ozie for us!!

Willie M
18th May 2004, 03:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

No longer reserves Chris & Alison :cool:
Following Macblob's departure to Seat-ville you're this weeks highest new entry, straight in at number 4 ;)

phantom
19th May 2004, 03:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

quote:Originally posted by phantom

No longer reserves Chris & Alison :cool:
Following Macblob's departure to Seat-ville you're this weeks highest new entry, straight in at number 4 ;)

Oh Yes! :D Go ricki, Go ricki, Go ricki, Go ricki :p:p

Willie M
23rd May 2004, 10:44 PM
** UPDATE **
Okay folks, I'm starting to do a wee bit of work on this one so here's the latest news.

Thanks to everyone who has replied with there preferences for dates. For those that haven't, you've had your chance ;) Given that everyone has opted for option B, or either, I have decided to go with option b (Sat 7th May - Mon 9th May 2005). The May weekend for next year falls the weekend before so we should miss out on the mad rush.

Looks likely that our first nights stopover will be at The Royal Dunkeld Hotel (in Dunkeld believe it or not). Those who attended last year's Perthshire Cruise may remember that this is where we stopped for our lunch that day. I should have full details by next weekend but it's looking like it'll be around £50 per person, dinner bed & breakfast.

Will keep you informed :cool:

Duncan Stewart
24th May 2004, 12:28 AM
Sounds great Willie.

phantom
24th May 2004, 02:17 AM
Top man!:cool:

Duncan Stewart
22nd July 2004, 04:58 PM
Hi Willie. should we make this a stickie :question: I'm just thinking about my holidays for next year :I (sad I know but it keeps me going at work! ;)).
Looks like I've got the round Britian run 31/4 to 4/5 then this run 6/5 to 9/5 - a whole week on Mini runs! what a superb holiday :cool: :D :) :p

Gismo
23rd July 2004, 02:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
Hi Willie. should we make this a stickie :question:
Ala Kazam ;)

The Dogfather
23rd July 2004, 06:21 AM
Please stick us down on the reserve list. Thanks Paul

saggy pants
26th July 2004, 05:13 AM
please add us to the reserve list

janey & carl

Willie M
28th July 2004, 04:08 PM
Paul (bad dog mini), Jane & Carl. That's you added to the reserves folks :cool:

I know this thread's been kinda quiet of late but don't let that fool you. I've got the run recce'd from Mull of Galloway to Crieff now (approx half the run) and the first nights accomodation is reserved. I'll post more details in a couple of weeks time. I'm up to the eyes in it at work just now :(

Later dudes n' dudettes.

phantom
29th July 2004, 03:28 AM
Hi Will, it will be just me for the run now, hope this doesn't cause you any hastle.:)

Willie M
9th August 2004, 08:46 PM
Nae probs Chris :cool:

Crombers
20th August 2004, 01:47 AM
I know you have a few reserves already but can you add me to the reserve list as well

Willie M
20th August 2004, 03:40 PM
Consider it done Crombers :cool:

ELFMAN
23rd August 2004, 11:16 PM
Willie,
Both dates are OK for me too - not organised enough to have anything else sorted for then!

Willie M
18th November 2004, 05:17 PM
** UPDATE **
Just to let you all know that there are going to be some changes to this run. I'm currently in talks with a couple of the NMS crew offline regarding the future of the 'future run'.

I'm afraid work, and other life pressures, aren't going to allow me to develop this one any further than I have to date :(

As it stands at the moment the run will definitely take place on Saturday 7th May and will run from Dumfries to Mull of Galloway and then up to Dunkeld for an evening stopover in Dunkeld (15 rooms provisionally booked and deposit paid by myself). This route has been fully recce'd, I just need to type up the driving instructions.

As I say, this part of the run definitely will go ahead.

I'm going to close the run to any further entries at this time. Will go with the list we have to date (including reserves) for now.

Will keep you posted.

Tahra
23rd November 2004, 03:15 AM
Hi Willie,

One less for your reserve list now!

Tahra

ELFMAN
23rd November 2004, 11:00 PM
Willie,
Really sorry for not checking this out sooner,
put it down to modern life and advanced senility.

Dates are fine for me. Do you need any dosh to cover expenses so far?

Willie M
24th November 2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks Tahra.
Elfman. No Problems. Hang on to your dosh for the moment, until we see what the final shape of the run is going to be.

Willie M
16th January 2005, 10:23 PM
Chris (phantom) has informed me by e-mail that he isn't going to make it for this one. Thanks for letting me know Chris.
KJ has now moved from the reserves to the list proper (No. 4).

Willie M
23rd January 2005, 10:22 PM
Broken Brian has now dropped off the list (thank for letting me know Brian), so Craig and Jude move up from the reserves to take his place at No. 9.

There will be some more details on this one appearing here soon. It looks like the run now has a new 'owner' ;) (watch this space). Pressure of work, and family life, means I am having to take a back seat on this one for now. However, rather than cancel the run I have been negotiating with another NMS regular(s) offline and they've agreed to take on what I've recce'd and arranged to date.

Watch this space :cool:

The Dogfather
24th January 2005, 04:38 AM
Will this replacement be willing to expand the list? :p

Craig
27th January 2005, 01:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Broken Brian has now dropped off the list (thank for letting me know Brian), so Craig and Jude move up from the reserves to take his place at No. 9.

There will be some more details on this one appearing here soon. It looks like the run now has a new 'owner' ;) (watch this space). Pressure of work, and family life, means I am having to take a back seat on this one for now. However, rather than cancel the run I have been negotiating with another NMS regular(s) offline and they've agreed to take on what I've recce'd and arranged to date.

Wathc this space :cool:

Oh my god!:eek: Never thought we would make the run list after being so far down the reserves list and as such already have a wedding to go to now. Sorry:(:( Gutted we can't go now..... Oh well, I am sure our replacements will enjoy. Thanks for all you hard work in organising anyway Willie:D

Willie M
28th January 2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know Craig, list amended on page 1.

Gismo
28th January 2005, 05:00 PM
Willie, i reckon Brushy's car will be sold by the time your the run takes place, so freeing up another place, might be worth an e-mail to confirm ;)

Willie M
28th January 2005, 05:31 PM
Cheers Alan. I'll drop the man a line.

Brushy
29th January 2005, 01:33 AM
:(:(Sorry I havent been paying attention, Our car is forsale and will no longer be with us for the run therefore we will not be coming:I:I We are planning on coming up for Cullen where l shall be hitching a lift and Caz will be having a girlie day out and meeting up at the hotel in the evening:D

Hope you all enjoy what l'm sure will be a super run:)

Gismo
30th January 2005, 02:57 AM
Willie, took the liberty of amending the list as Brushy has dropped out, so, BDM (Paul) looks like you're in at number 9 ;)

The Dogfather
30th January 2005, 04:19 AM
Well never thought I'd make it. I'd just like to thank all those who made this all possible, my manager, my missus, my folks <slap>

Sorry got carried away there for a moment....... Looking forward to it already!

Willie M
30th January 2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks Alan, and welcome to the run Paul :cool: Hey, as if there was ever any doubt you were going to make it onto the main list ;):D

Crombers
11th February 2005, 09:59 PM
Willie , Can you take my name off the reserve list as I have now made other arrangements for this weekend. Have a good one folks :)

Willie M
14th February 2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know Crombers, list amended.

Duncan Stewart
22nd February 2005, 09:16 PM
Willie - is the second part of the run not happening now? All reference to it seems to have been deleted. I am arranging some time off work for the run and need to know if I need the Monday off
Let us know, cheers Duncan

Nenah
24th February 2005, 04:14 AM
Eeck! How did I miss this one? :eek:

Please can I be added to the reserve list? Ta!:D

weefossy
24th February 2005, 05:47 AM
Duncan, Gaj and I have volunteered to help Willie with this run, but I have been slack in organising a get together. We will get an up- date on as soon as possible. As it stands, the run will start early Saturday morning in Dumfries, which may require a stop-over in Dumfries on the Friday. See original post from Willie re Travel Lodge. It is 2 hours from say, Stirling to Dumfries. It will end on the Saturday evening with a "jolly" at the Royal Dunkeld Hotel. No serious driving planned for the Sunday. Hope that is useful in booking your hols.

Nenah, have noted your interest and we will put you on the reserve list asap.

Will get more details on ASAP

minidriver#1
24th February 2005, 05:57 AM
i'm looking forward to this alot :)

Duncan Stewart
24th February 2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks Malcolm, Sunday finish suits us fine.
looking forward to it also

mgemie
25th February 2005, 04:54 AM
i live in dumfries so mite pop along when you're meeting and say hi...lol

weefossy
25th February 2005, 07:00 AM
mgemie, your more than welcome to meet us at the start. Why not put your name on the reserve list for the run

weefossy
15th March 2005, 08:26 AM
OK Guys, Willie’s little helper here, with an update before I go on holiday. Willie has put together a great route that will start in Dumfries at 9.00am sharp on Sat 7th May, head south to the Mull of Galloway, then turn around and head north for an overnight stop at the Royal Hotel in Dunkeld. The route will be posted soon, but we can promise some great roads on the way.:D:cool:

Can I ask everybody on the page 1 list, including reserves, to confirm they are still up for this run.

The chosen 15 can go ahead and book their accommodation at the Royal Dunkeld Hotel by telephoning 01350 727322. Mention NMS, as Willie has agreed a super package with the hotel, for dinner, bed and breakfast at £40 per person for the 9 twin rooms in the annex and £50 for the 6 rooms in the hotel. It’s “first come first served” and there is a £15 single supplement, so some peps may want to organise to share. Once you have booked can you confirm to me by e mail and I will collate it all when I get back.

As it’s an early start, I intend to stop over near Dumfries on the Friday night. There is a Travelodge just outside Dumfries. Telephone 0870 191 1634 to book. I reckon it would take 2 hours from say Stirling to Dumfries, which would make it a very early start for some. Can you let me know in the same e mail, what you intend to do in this respect.

If there are “drop outs” or changes to be made, the other little helper, Gaj, will sort out.

If anyone else wants to be added to the reserve list, please post accordingly and Gaj will moderate.

Don't work too hard while we're away :D;):cool:

Julz
15th March 2005, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if I'll still have my mini by the time this run comes about, but I'll keep you posted!:clown:

Duncan Stewart
15th March 2005, 10:00 PM
I confirm Helen & I will be there. I will let you know when we get the hotel booked. We stayed in the travel lodge on the east side of Dumfries last year and it was a bit run down. The travel Inn just along the road looked nicer and has a Brewsters next door.
Hope this helps

Gismo
16th March 2005, 12:01 AM
Please remove me from the run, have sold the mini :(

ELFMAN
16th March 2005, 05:35 PM
Will let you know when I've booked up - have to consult Co-Pilot first Re. start time etc...

Duncan Stewart
17th March 2005, 04:20 AM
Thats Helen & I booked up. Looking forward to it :D

ELFMAN
19th March 2005, 06:53 AM
Booked into hotel in Dunkeld. Bill & I will travel down to Dumfries on the Saturday morning, as Friday night's going to be too late after work etc. Early start, but should be OK from Lanarkshire.

This will be a FAB run!

duncan
22nd March 2005, 05:25 AM
Booked in to the Hotel too.

Willie M
30th March 2005, 05:08 PM
Have updated list on page 1 to include Alan's departure :(, and Duncan Stewart, Elfman & Duncan booking hotel.

Gismo
30th March 2005, 05:28 PM
I would doubt if Jane and Carl will be going, unless they just haven't been around for a while, am thinking that as Brushy has pulled out they might as well, hope i'm wrong :(

Julz
30th March 2005, 05:57 PM
To be on the safe side, and to avoid alot of messing about, and to allow who-ever is next on the reserve list some forward planning, I'm going to have to do a Wul!!:(

BUT, I may just pop along and see you all at Dunkeld, if I'm allowed??:p

Willie M
31st March 2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know Julz. It'd be great to see you pop along to Dunkeld though :cool:

Nenah! Welcome to the main group :D

Big Col
4th April 2005, 04:13 PM
Willie I'm really sorry mate. I just heard this weekend that my mum's going out for her birthday dinner that Saturday. Sorry. :(

Willie M
4th April 2005, 10:19 PM
Another one bites the dust :(
The news I've been fearing (business trip to USA) looks like it could be confirmed in the next few days. That's why I passed the run onto the Weefossies & Gaj, I always feared in my heart of hearts that I wasn't going to make it :(:disapprove: Will confirm by the end of the week <fingers crossed>.

weefossy
6th April 2005, 05:06 AM
As we are getting close to the run, can those on the list confirm that they have booked the Dunkeld hotel. Does anyone else want to join this run as there are now spaces available. Willie has put together a great route, not to be missed, so come on guys, join in

Scottie
6th April 2005, 05:28 AM
Could I join in on the route some where but not stay over night.

if not no probs

weefossy
6th April 2005, 05:32 AM
Sounds OK to me Fiona. Let me know where you intend to join in and I will try and estimate timings.

Scottie
6th April 2005, 05:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Sounds OK to me Fiona. Let me know where you intend to join in and I will try and estimate timings.

well I read all the posts but not sure of your route if you can let me know the I will let you know where we will join in :cool:

X30YES
9th April 2005, 04:18 PM
Be onshore that week and could make it also ,and could join from Strathaven A71..(10mins M74)and drop off on the way up again ?

Willie M
12th April 2005, 02:58 AM
Fiona and Angus.
I think Malcolm's going to get the route up on the site over the next few days. You'd both be more than welcome as part runners AND would be made more than welcome to join the runners for the evening at the Royal Dunkeld Hotel. It looks like accomodation will be availiable as (sadly) a few of the original runners and riders (myself included :() are falling by the wayside.

Stay tuned folks and keep watching the first post on page one for updates, etc.

Attention all confirmed runners
Could all those that intend to stay at the hotel on the Saturday night please call to confirm their reservation. ASAP
Once you've booked please let myself or Malcolm know so we can cross you off the list.

ELFMAN
13th April 2005, 04:52 PM
COME ON FOLKS! This'll be a great run - join in. There's only THREE MINIS at the hotel now - we'll have to drive round Dunkeld really quickly to create an impression of numbers..... Hope nobody (or nothing) else drops off. You still going Kirsty? Nobody else gets my "sense of humour"...

Make like Politicians - jump on our bandwagon!

Willie M
14th April 2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the rallying cry Elfman. C'mon folks. Malcolm, Sioban and I have put a lot of time and effort into putting this one together, don't let our efforts go to waste....

There are some fantastic roads, and scenery in store and I'm sure the night at the hotel will be another legendary NMS social affair <hic> :p I think the Weefossies have something in mind for the evenings entertainment ;)

C'mon. Roll up, roll up....

BDM (Paul). If he hasn't already (?) Malcolm may be in touch with you soon ;)

Crombers
14th April 2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry folks , although my name was down on the reserve list for quite some time I decided to pull out & arrange a week down south with family. If I had known numbers would have tailed off I would have hung on in there & been a "runner"

ELFMAN
15th April 2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I see my “Call to Arms” really worked.....

Seriously though, support this run if you can, otherwise folks will be put off organising the “long distance/overnight” trips which involve booking hotels etc - which would be a real shame, as they're such good fun.

“Evenings entertainment”? Let's get one thing straight, there's NO WAY I'm dressing up as a Policewoman - again. Well not for the same paltry fee as before.........

Neil and Lorna
16th April 2005, 01:08 AM
Howdy Folkes.:D

Just realised our hols start that day and can now join you on the run.

Could you please add us to the list.:)

We've booked into the Hotel for the Saturday night.:D

Which travelodge/travel inn do you recomend for Friday night so we can get booked in there as well.;)

Cheers Neil and Lorna. :D:D:D

weefossy
16th April 2005, 03:01 AM
Neil & Lorna,
great to see you can join us. Will PM you about Travel lodge.

Gaj,
can you add N & L to the official list.

Fellow members,
As there are Hotel spaces at the Dunkeld Hotel, I've had a little thought(which doesn't happen too often).
Accepting that a starting point in Galloway is a long way off from our Northern pals, would anybody like to organise a run from a most Northern Point and meet the Galloway "runners" at Dunkeld for the evening's entertainment? That way, between us, we will run almost the full length of Scotland.

Paul,
as organiser supremo, PM me if you are interested.

Elfman,
it's OK, you can leave the Police woman's outfit in the mothballs for now, but Sioban says, "Shake down the "Bo Peep" costume in case we get stuck for ideas".:D:D:D

weefossy
16th April 2005, 10:36 PM
Following Duncan's recommendation Sioban and I have booked the Premier Travel Inn near Dumfries, to avoid too early a start on the 7th.

I am a bit concerned that Willie has paid deposits to reserve rooms at the Dunkeld Hotel that we may not use. Can everyone on the list who hasn't done so,let me know ,one way or another, what they are intending, so that I can advise the hotel to release the rooms.

Fiona and Angus, I will email you with the route, pending it going on the thread,(mod help required please) so that you can think where to join us. Let me know. Do you both want to partake in the evening meal?

Neil and Lorna
16th April 2005, 11:14 PM
I am a bit concerned that Willie has paid deposits to reserve rooms at the Dunkeld Hotel that we may not use. Can everyone on the list who hasn't done so,let me know ,one way or another, what they are intending, so that I can advise the hotel to release the rooms.

Hi Malcolm

We booked a room at the hotel and they took a deposit of us of £20.:)

We have booked into the premier travel Inn as well, saves an early start.:cool:

Neil and Lorna.

Scottie
17th April 2005, 04:12 AM

Following Duncan's recommendation Sioban and I have booked the Premier Travel Inn near Dumfries, to avoid too early a start on the 7th.

Fiona and Angus, I will email you with the route, pending it going on the thread,(mod help required please) so that you can think where to join us. Let me know. Do you both want to partake in the evening meal?

That's me of on holiday now :D won't pick up my e-mails until I return to work on the 25th April. Of to newministuff to get some bit and bobs on the Touareg.

However I hope to do a fair bit of the run but we need to get home to the boys for evening so the meal it out for us I'm afraid.

Duncan Stewart
18th April 2005, 05:00 AM
Helen & I were out walking at the Hermitage today so poped into Dunkeld to check out the hotel -I looks really good - nice bar & Restaurant. We have booked a room in the "annex" which are a row a chalets out the back which look great in "butlins" sort of way :D;)
Come on everyone - join the run & get booked up

Kirsty
20th April 2005, 04:43 AM
I am soooooo sorry to be so late in getting back on to the thread and also letting you know that I won't be able to make this run!! I was trying to get my college dates changed but I can't unless I wait about 2 months for another saturday to become free!! The only day I can get to college to do my training is a sat so I'm having to wait months for sessions!! I haven't gone through the thread but if I owe any money for late cancellation could someone please email me so that I can pay what I owe!! Again I'm really sorry and I hope you guys have a fab time!!!

ELFMAN
20th April 2005, 04:24 PM
No Hot Fudge Cake for you then, young lady. All the more for us. Sorry you can't make it. The Run, not the fudge.

ny152
20th April 2005, 08:38 PM
Can you put me and Tricia down for a part run please :).

weefossy
21st April 2005, 02:20 AM
Welcome on board Allen,as soon as I can get "Mod" help to get the route on,(like all policemen, there's never one about when you need one) you can let me know where you want to join in. Do Tricia and your goodself want to join us for the evening meal?

Kirsty, not a problem, studying comes first.(Try telling Neil that) Hopefully we'll see you soon.

ny152
21st April 2005, 03:27 AM
Hi Malcolm
We should be there from the start :). Not sure about the meal yet though - any idea what time its going to be for?

Kirsty
24th April 2005, 05:39 AM
Thank you Malcolm I really would have loved to have come!! Hope you have a fantastic time and to see you soon!! Boo to no fudge cake I'll need to start carrying my own supply so as I don't get withdrawl symptoms!! HEE HEE!!!

Willie M
24th April 2005, 09:00 PM

Welcome on board Allen,as soon as I can get "Mod" help to get the route on,(like all policemen, there's never one about when you need one) you can let me know where you want to join in.
I've e-mailed a copy of the route to Herr Monsta Mo, hopefully he'll be able to help us out Malcolm :)

Willie M
24th April 2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks to Neil & Lorna and Allen & Tricia for your support on this run, much appreciated folks.

Got to say I'm really disappointed with the massive decline in interest in this one :( I realise some folks have other commitments and ties that they can't get out of (myself included) but I'm feeling kinda sorry for Malcolm & Sioban who've been good enough to take this one on for me in my absence.

I know that the eight cars that have committed will have a swell time and the ones that are staying in Dunkeld on the Saturday night will have a ball (especially if Elfman brings his cub scout outfit ;))

Could the following folks please let us know if they still intend to come along or not :

Zimbo (???)
Jane & Carl (???) (very much doubt it as they would have been coming up with Brushy from down South)
Nenah (???)
KJ innit (???)

weefossy
26th April 2005, 05:53 AM
OK folks, the run is now on page one thanks to Captain Calum. My understanding is that the following are doing the full run and are booked in the hotel.

01 The Weefossies (Hotel booked)
02. Elfman (Hotel booked)
03. Duncan & Helen (Hotel booked)
04. Duncan (Hotel booked)
05. Neil & Lorna (Hotel booked)

I will post up a proposed menu tomorrow, for all to consider.

We shall also be joined for part of the run by

Allen & Tricia
Fiona
Angus

Can you all have a look at the route and let me know where you would like to join in.

Paul, await confirmation of your plans, following our conversation. Really hope you will be able to take part.

Willie has held a further 3 rooms until noon on Wednesday, 27th. It would be unfair of us to keep the hotel in limbo after that. Can anyone else that is interested let me know by then, e mail or post. If anyone does want to join in after that, the hotel may have rooms available and there are 2 other hotels in Dunkeld, but there is no g’tee.

Everyone is still welcome to join for the full run or for part of the route and a terrific route it is!!

Scottie
26th April 2005, 06:06 AM
we will join you @ Thornhill just let me know the time and we will be there. Will Leave the run @ Stirling services.

weefossy
26th April 2005, 06:33 AM
Will do Fiona, in the next day or two.

The Dogfather
26th April 2005, 07:26 AM
Malcolm - The thunder clouds have descended as I mentioned! Sorry I left it so late but I only got the bad news this morning.

I will try to get there if I can but I've also got to do the reccie for the Twilight Run this month. Money will be very tight as we've decided to swap the Fiesta for an Omega MV6, the funny thing is the 2.6l car might actually be cheaper to run than the 1.4 diesel once we get the lpg conversion.

minidriver#1
26th April 2005, 04:14 PM
hey guys, i'm still hoping to come on this run, but need to find a partner to share costs with me so i shall let you know as soon as possible. sorry for not getting in touch and posting my position.

Fingers crossed.

GAJ
26th April 2005, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

hey guys, i'm still hoping to come on this run, but need to find a partner to share costs with me so i shall let you know as soon as possible. sorry for not getting in touch and posting my position.
Fingers crossed.

Extra!! Extra!!
"KJ IN NAE TOTTY SHOCKER!!!" ;);)
The old magic on the wane, mate??:eek::p;)
Seriously though, I urge anyone who can to go along on this run as it looks like a cracker. Apologies once again for not joining in myself but circumstances make it impossible!:(

minidriver#1
26th April 2005, 05:22 PM
haha. I'm getting married in October!

ny152
26th April 2005, 06:24 PM

Can you all have a look at the route and let me know where you would like to join in.

We'll join in at the start, and stay on until Stirling.

ELFMAN
26th April 2005, 10:15 PM
Willie - can I have my Cub Scout uniform back? You can keep the Girl Guide one, though. Cheers Linda.

Willie M
27th April 2005, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Willie - can I have my Cub Scout uniform back? You can keep the Girl Guide one, though. Cheers Linda.
That's it..... no more Werthers Originals (http://www.storck.com/en/brand/werther/) for you young man :evil: (bloomin' looks like you in the picture as well ;))

One possible additional run candidate. E-mail received from Steven3 expressing possible interest :approve:

Big Col
28th April 2005, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

haha. I'm getting married in October!

You know you can't really call it marriage mate.

Minister : Do you KJ, take Doris to be your lawfully wedded wife?

KJ: I do.

Minister : And do you, Doris take KJ to bee your lawfully wedded husband?

Doris: Mooooooooooo.

minidriver#1
28th April 2005, 05:01 PM
You know Col, you'll always have a special place in my heart... but thats all ;)

Julz
28th April 2005, 05:23 PM
Doris: Mooooooooooo.

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

minidriver#1
28th April 2005, 05:27 PM
:'(

weefossy
29th April 2005, 03:52 AM
KJ congratulations; is there to be a "Mini guard of honour"?
When do we all get to meet the lucky lady?;):evil:;)

weefossy
29th April 2005, 05:23 AM
Fellow runners, can I have your thoughts please, on two counts; Where to have lunch and at what time we should meet Fiona at Thornhill.

Willie reckons that it will take us 2.5hrs to get from Dumfries to The Mull of Galloway (87 miles)and I reckon it will take us 1.25hrs to do the 50 miles to get to Clattershaws at about 1.15pm, which would be OK time for a picnic stop?? If we left Clattershaws at about 1.45pm, we should be able to do the 20 miles to Thornhill for 2.15 - 2.30pm?? The rest of the journey will take what time it takes!!

Does this make sense and does it fit in with your intentions Fiona?? Comments please.

Scottie
29th April 2005, 06:42 AM

Fellow runners, can I have your thoughts please, on two counts; Where to have lunch and at what time we should meet Fiona at Thornhill.

Willie reckons that it will take us 2.5hrs to get from Dumfries to The Mull of Galloway (87 miles)and I reckon it will take us 1.25hrs to do the 50 miles to get to Clattershaws at about 1.15pm, which would be OK time for a picnic stop?? If we left Clattershaws at about 1.45pm, we should be able to do the 20 miles to Thornhill for 2.15 - 2.30pm?? The rest of the journey will take what time it takes!!

Does this make sense and does it fit in with your intentions Fiona?? Comments please.

You just give us a time ane we will be there don't worry if your a bit late we will wait and I.ll give you my mobile no nearer the time

ELFMAN
30th April 2005, 06:44 AM
1.15 would be fine to stop, as by that time I'd be ready to eat a ÒScabby DugÓ. 'MACDONALD'S' then? I jest, I'll bring a Sandwich or four. And some 'Werther's' in tribute to the absent Willie M.

I quote the website (Ta Willie - looks nothing like me..... apart from the straw Boater....)
ÒThe classic using traditional hended-down recipe with real butter and fresh creamÓ.

ÒHENDED downÓ? How posh is that, eh? Here in Lanarkshire, things are ÒHAUNDID DOONÓ Bloody middle class confectionery!

ELFMAN
30th April 2005, 06:48 AM
Just a minute, my inverted commas have come out as SPANISH O's - what's that all about then?
Makes interesting reading now..........
'Heth eth eth eth eth, Multi MINI sportivo BANG BANG. Chris Waddell'

Gismo
30th April 2005, 06:53 AM
Just a minute, my inverted commas have come out as SPANISH O's -
Your keyboard languae has changed somehow :p

Neil and Lorna
30th April 2005, 07:40 AM

Hi Malcolm

Sounds ok for us.:D

See you Saturday.:)

Neil and Lorna.:cool:

duncan
30th April 2005, 06:55 PM
Sounds ok to me.

steven3
1st May 2005, 07:29 AM
Hi, yeh i would like to attend this run. where and when are us meeting. do i need to book anything

weefossy
1st May 2005, 07:46 PM
Steven, welcome on board. I have sent you all the details in an e mail. The starting point is the Travelodge / Little Chef on the A75 just ouside Dumfries, at 9.15am for a 9.30am start. Look forward to seeing you there.:cool:

weefossy
1st May 2005, 07:49 PM
Just had a thought, could everyone on the run e mail me their mobile numbers, so we can keep in contact on the day. I will reply with my number.

Neil and Lorna
1st May 2005, 11:08 PM

Just had a thought, could everyone on the run e mail me their mobile numbers, so we can keep in contact on the day. I will reply with my number.

Tis done.:D

Scottie
2nd May 2005, 03:53 AM
mobile no sent. will see you at Thornhill (Dumfrieshire:p)2.15 ish.

Take it we will meet @ the main street

Is there no a clock or roundabout bit half way down the main street mind you I have no been back for 24 years so may have changed.

duncan
2nd May 2005, 04:20 AM
Could someone clarify where the starting point is?

I'm under the impression its the Travelodge to the East of Dumfries.
Just trying to plan the route on AutoRoute, and also booking into the "right" lodge!

Neil and Lorna
2nd May 2005, 04:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

I'm under the impression its the Travelodge to the East of Dumfries.
Just trying to plan the route on AutoRoute, and also booking into the "right" lodge!

Duncan

We are booked into the Premier Travel Inn and i think Malcolm is as well (unless he changed when he found out we were coming :D)

The Premier Travell inn is apparently nicer than the travelodge.according to previous post on this thread.:D

Cheers Neil :)

duncan
2nd May 2005, 05:53 AM
Thanks Neil.

I've completed the Autoroute from the Shell garage/Travelodge to Dunkeld.

The files are zipped and available from here (http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/DumfriestoDunkeld.zip)

If someone else has AutoRoute, would they like to check over the maps.

Willie M
2nd May 2005, 08:19 PM
Well sadly I'm away tomorrow :(
Hope you all have a great wee time and that the weather's good to you. Look forward to reading all about it when I get back.
All the best folks :cool:

Nenah
2nd May 2005, 09:23 PM
Sorry for not reading/posting on this thread for ages - Ive not been the site for a while! I'm afraid I cant make the run as I'm organising a client event on Friday evening whcih will run into early hours of Saturday morning then we have to de-rig.:(

Hope you guys have a great time! Look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers
Nenah:)

weefossy
3rd May 2005, 06:23 AM
Hi Guys, yes the start point is still the Travelodge/Little Chef on the A75 just outside Dumfries, at 9.30am, despite the fact several of us are staying in the Premier Travel Inn!!

Duncan, I’ve checked over the maps and they are spot on. I have printed copies off for all the runners. The notes and mileages are slightly different from Willie’s, but as he did a recce, I have copied his notes for everyone.

Fiona, we will see you “somewhere” in the centre of Thornhill at about 2.30.ish. We might be tight on time to make it for then, but I will keep in touch by phone, to let you know our progress.

Scottie
3rd May 2005, 06:29 AM
see you there. hope the weather is kind to us.:)

duncan
3rd May 2005, 06:37 AM
Thanks Malcolm, I did notice the difference in mileage, damn Microsoft!

I'm booked into the Premier Travel Inn for the Friday night now.

Cheers

Duncan Stewart
4th May 2005, 01:41 AM
Hi All. Just back from a long weekend away. Times, route, etc fine with us.
probably see you at the travel-inn the night before anyway. Should we exchange mobile numbers?

weefossy
4th May 2005, 10:18 PM
Duncan S, I will e mail you telephone numbers. Duncan M, don't know what time we will get to Premier Lodge on Friday, probably 9.30pm. Neil & Lorna are also stopping there. We might have time for a "wee" drink before an early night and an even earlier start on Saturday. I'm off now to North Wales, to the top of Snowdon!! See you all on Friday / Saturday. Sioban will let me know of any e mails that need answering.

Scottie
7th May 2005, 07:36 AM
got my phone charged got my wondow tints done given the mini a wash
Archie has had a shower
all ready bet I'm the only one left up here they all be at the travel lodge.

Looks like i'll no get the roof down tomorrow:(

duncan
8th May 2005, 03:53 AM
Phew, what a run!
Brilliant Route Willie, shame you couldn't make it.

In the pub of the Hotel now for a well deserved drink!

Cheers!

ny152
8th May 2005, 08:50 AM
Exhausted :).

Thanks to everyone for making today an excellent run (apart from nasty S-Type guy).

Most of the roads were new to me, so really enjoyed whizzing round them. Don't think Tricia will be too keen on doing them again though :p. Probably just as well that she spent most of the day fast asleep in the passenger seat!

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures just now, the rest are at http://www.fotki.com/nysavant

http://images9.fotki.com/v181/photos/2/297814/2161130/IMG_0531-vi.jpg

http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/2/297814/2161130/IMG_0525-vi.jpg

http://images1.fotki.com/v13/photos/2/297814/2161130/IMG_0527-vi.jpg

duncan
8th May 2005, 10:18 PM
http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/DSCF0036.JPG

On the way to Dumfries, at the Devils Beeftub

http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/DSCF0047.JPG

Clattershaws at Lunchtime Saturday

http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/DSCF0049.JPG

Dunkeld, Sunday Morning

Neil and Lorna
9th May 2005, 03:25 AM
Hi There

Home now, what a run.:)

Thanks go to Willie M for a fantastic route.:D
Thanks also go to Malcolm and Siobhan.:)
Thanks also go all the other runners we had a ball.:D:D:D

The closest we got to a speed camera was 1.4 miles right at the very end at Dunkeld.:D Which was excellent for a run of over 300 miles.:D

Cheers Neil and Lorna

I would post some piccies but cant yet get broadband.:mad: (roll on 27 July:p).

Anyway they look the same as Duncans he must of been standing behind me.:D:cool:

ELFMAN
9th May 2005, 04:11 AM
You beat me to it, Neil! I second the above comments.

What a shame Willie and Linda couldn't join us on what was a really enjoyable run and a great evening in Dunkeld. Thanks folks for all your hard work - we REALLY appreciated it The route and the mileage was spot on.

Thanks to Malcolm and Siobhan for taking the lead on the road (we feel your suffering, Malcolm!) and organising the evening's 'entertainment'. Who'd have thought "Twister" and a five gallons of warm Treacle could be so creatively utilised? Seriously though, Siobhan's multi-layered quiz was great fun, even though "Team Numpty" were last (equal). She's like Anne Robinson's (much nicer) alter ego.

Great company too - what a thoroughly nice bunch of folks and MINIS - all well behaved. All the best with the new car Duncan S., many happy miles. Nice photos, other Duncan.

We were stuck at the Forth Bridge for an hour due to works on the cables, but apart from that, a perfect weekend. Bill's wife, Mary asks if we can take him away again soon. I think she was kidding......

G3 ELF feels as if it's gained 10bhp and is pulling like a train, (A proper express, not a 'Virgin' one). Don't just buy more bits for your MINI, get out on the road and use it - you'll feel the difference a good run makes. That goes for the participants too! Cheers guys, see you all soon.

Duncan Stewart
9th May 2005, 04:52 AM
Superb run. Thanks to everyone involved. "Stu"'s last run was a cracker! :D
A few more photos
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/95900019.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/95900027.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/95900032.jpg
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/95900022.jpg
Black Betty shows off the latest Mini accessory?
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/4962736/95900039.jpg

weefossy
9th May 2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks for all the thanks8) and a massive thanks to Willie for a really well planned run:cool:. Sioban's map/notes reading was awesome; she never turned the map upside down once:D:evil:Some great fast roads I've never been on before.
Hope the attached photos look OK
Heading for the start
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60913.jpg
Mull of Galloway in Sight
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60915.jpg
Proof of the start
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60916.jpg
Abstract
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60917.jpg
Clattershaws
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60918.jpg
View from the "Bog"
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60919.jpg
WRX joins the party
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/weefossy/60920.jpg

Really enjoyed the fun in the hotel, it was a good laugh, especially "Jimmy Saville's impression of Superman". By the way we still need "IWITW by BB" from the 90's or we will all be "the weakest link" according to Sioban Robinson:evil::D:cool:

Neil and Lorna
9th May 2005, 07:25 AM
quote:[i] By the way we still need "IWITW by BB" from the 90's or we will all be "the weakest link" according to Sioban Robinson:evil::D:cool:

Hi Malcolm

All right then what was "S T L by Q " :eek:
i'm still going to loose sleep over that one.:)

Cheers Neil

ELFMAN
10th May 2005, 02:51 AM
GOLDMINI - Fine photos! Sorry you couldn't do the whole run, but the wee Diesel hung on like a good 'un in the twisty bits. Following you in the wet showed the benefits of a slightly less 'extreme' set-up. As for the fast dry twisties, all I can say is you have some "Cojones", mate. Well done!

MALCOLM's photos are good too, especially the 'On the Road' shots.

Right, I'm away to try to get the "Q" song - driving me mad(der).

duncan
10th May 2005, 03:21 AM
"IWITW by BB" - I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys

"STL by Q " - Somebody To Love by Queen

Yeay for google!

Scottie
10th May 2005, 03:33 AM
some piccies

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505011.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505014.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505026.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505016.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505022.jpg

and wee archies second run
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/070505030.jpg

ELFMAN
10th May 2005, 04:23 AM
More good foties. How do you post photos on a thread? Never done it before. Not that mine are up to much......

DUNCAN, YOU SWINE!!!!
I was just about to be a smart @rse and get the Queen song..............

ny152
10th May 2005, 04:43 AM

More good foties. How do you post photos on a thread? Never done it before. Not that mine are up to much......

DUNCAN, YOU SWINE!!!!
I was just about to be a smart @rse and get the Queen song..............

You need to host them on your own webspace then put an html link in your post - dead easy :clown:.

If you want send me a PM and i'll give you my email address - send me your piccies and i'll post them up for you.

Neil and Lorna
10th May 2005, 06:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

"STL by Q " - Somebody To Love by Queen

Yeay for google!

Thanks at least now I might now get a full nights sleep.:D

Neil.

Neil and Lorna
10th May 2005, 06:51 AM
Hi Malcolm

I thought this might be of interest for the next run ! :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18307&item=4549078005&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Neil.:)

weefossy
10th May 2005, 07:18 AM
Don't tempt her:) Our local ice cream man, Luca, has an original mini moke conversion with 6 wheels, which she has always fancied.:clown::clown:

ELFMAN
11th May 2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks GOLDMINI. I'll try to sort something out, but I reckon you guys have covered most, if not all the angles. I'll see if I have one or two different ones.

Malcolm - how's about a wee trailer made from the back end of a MINI, with a cooler built in? Also, idea for next run - everyone gets a tape of 'Ice Cream Van' tunes and plays it when we go through built-up areas....... or maybe not. I'll get me cone.....

weefossy
13th May 2005, 04:15 AM
I've already got me cone......like the idea of the musical tunes though

ELFMAN
13th May 2005, 07:41 AM
We could use “The Italian Job”, but it'd have to be the remake version so's not to upset our Classic chums, not to mention my sense of what's “sacred”!

By the way, can I just reiterate how successful this run was? A point I forgot to make was how well Willie had planned the rest/tea stops along the way, so the 'pace' of the run was perfect - you never felt you were going for too long a stint at any time. Clever boy.

It's worth noting that alongside the (very enjoyable) large runs, we should have smaller/limited ones like this, not in any way in an 'elitist' sense though first come, first served. This one certainly worked in keeping everyone together on the road (99% of the time) and in the 'social' sense on Saturday evening. Larger groups, by their very nature, make it more difficult to stay together and tend to split into smaller groups on the road, and socially. No criticism, just comparison. On reflection, it could be argued that the apparently disappointing lack of numbers actually was beneficial in the end. However, as we've mentioned, a whole heap of work, time and expense went into setting the whole thing up, so you could say that the 'Effort per Capita' was higher than on the large runs. I'm babbling again, but do you get my drift?

Right, aff tae bed.....

Duncan Stewart
13th May 2005, 09:29 PM
Got to agree with Elfman on the numbers issue.
There is a belief that if you only get a few people interested then it is not worth having the run and I have seen organisers cancel runs due to low numbers.
This run has shown me that a run with small numbers it just as much fun as the large runs.

Neil and Lorna
15th May 2005, 07:52 PM
Hi There

You wouldn't beleive this, but on our trip to Belfast This weekend we passed over the Mull of Galloway at 14000 feet and guess who didn't have his camera with him.:mad:

The weather was clear and it would of been a bloody good photo.:cool:

Never mind,Lorna said you'll just have to bring me back another day.

Neil.

Willie M
16th May 2005, 03:57 PM
Hey folks. Finally back in the land of the living (almost :sleepy:).
Delighted to hear (and see from the pics) that you all had an enjoyable run and a good Saturday nights entertainment. Twice as gutted that I missed it all :(:(

Thanks for all your positive comments, much appreciated. I'm going to have to take a wee trip down there again, some of those roads were just superb :approve:

I'd like to say a HUGE personal 'thank you' to Malcolm & Sioban. If it hadn't been for the two of them the run may never have gone ahead. You are two genuine stars. Thanks for all your help and support :approve:

Hopefully catch up with you all again sometime soon :cool:

ELFMAN
18th May 2005, 04:03 AM
GROUP HUG, EVERYBODY? Sorry, forgot - this isn't an episode of "Friends".............